1 2 3 4 Previous Next 266 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2014 10:34 AM by bmooo999 Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)
        TinyLittleTimmy

I doubt dedicated servers will help, most of the lag is the user's fault, even if the servers are dedicated users will still have the option for a terribly poor or super fast internet connection. Lobbies should put people with similar connections into similar lobbies, that's about as good as it gets. Ping is the amount of time it takes for your connection to travel to another player and back to see if your bullets connect. If you have a dedicated server your connection only has to travel as far as the dedicated server so in theory it can be faster. It can also be slower though, for example, if the dedicated server is in California but I'm in Florida playing with other people from Georgia, Alabama, Florida. With a dedicated server all the bullets have to travel across the US before a connection can be made, thus take longer to travel that long distance rather make a short trip next door. In this same scenario, if a local host were selected instead of a dedicated server, it is likely that the player nearby with the fastest average connection would be chosen as a host, someone from GA, AL, FL, so the bullets would connect faster.

This theoretical time span for bullet travel is all dependent though on the users, for example in the non-dedicated server scenario if you start a match and fall into a lobby full of 50ms ping players, get host, then start up a huge torrent download on your PC, then your ping will become unstable, and the lags will happen for everyone (sometime the connection the host even becomes lost). But if you do the same on a dedicated server theoretically only you would be lagged by your local downloads, since the dedicated server only has to use it's connection on the game oblivious of your downloads, but then you have to deal with god-like players that very close to the dedicated server who won't have any lag at all. So there is no real solution.

Personally I'd just kick anyone in the lobby that lags more than 50ms from the host's game clock, but hey, I'm an evil programmer. Activision wants everyone to be able to play all over the world no matter how aweful their connection is so we will just have to get used to the lag.

• 11. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)
          TinyLittleTimmy

The Android app works fine, also the Windows 8 app works fine, but I had to rent the xbox version and play a game there first in order for it to detect my account (despite the fact that I had already played it on PS3 and was a clan leader).

You can also invite in game, just go over your friend's name in the lobby and select invite to clan.

Plus you can also assign more than one leader, so that they can invite their friends for you.

It is true though, sometime the stats don't show up, every time I get an application I cannot see their stats nor approve their application. All I can do is invite, or approve apps that are sitting in the application folder when I log on.

• 12. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)

look @ all the gamemodes threads where people want game modes back half the players went back to old cods that have what we want 2 play and instead u update this.....

• 13. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)
              LegionSlayer

candyslexia wrote:

Stability

• Fixed a rare crash when quitting out of an MP match while calling in a squad mate with a riot shield equipped.
                • Fixed a rare private match stability issue, which was occurring when a playlist update was published.
                • Fixed a crash which occurred when renaming a loadout as the match was starting.
                • Fixed a crash when the host of a Wargame match could crash if they are pulled out of the match while in a 5 player party.
                • Fixed an MP Siege rare crash on load.
                • Numerous other MP in-game stability fixes.
                • Fixed a rare crash on load.

Key Changes

• Further spawn logic improvements.
                • Fixed a spawn exploit where players would always respawn at their team spawn within the first 15 seconds of a game, even if an enemy was nearby.
                • Increased XP rewards slightly for Operations and early tier weapon challenges.
                • Added leaderboard for Search and Destroy game mode.
                • Numerous map exploit fixes in MP and Extinction.
                • Numerous Anti-Cheat fixes.
                • Fixed collision bugs on multiple maps.
                • Care package stacking exploit fix.
                • Increased Search and Destroy XP to give 10x XP instead of 5x XP.
                • Search and Destroy, now has its own online playlist.

Additional Fixes

• Improved character models rendering, when viewing players with the Gryphon.
                • Accuracy fix for the Preferred Weapon Stat on the Player Stats lobby page.
                • Spectator movement improvements.
                • Further support for the COD App.
                • Clan tags no longer missing a bracket when viewed in-game.
                • Dedicated server bug fixes.
                • Fix for seeing empty player name when joining a game in progress.
                • Reduced upwards velocity when performing a melee charge.
                • ADS while moving in a remote turret is now allowed.
                • Dog no longer twitches when player is too close.
                • Ping for bots now returns a more accurate 0ms.
                • Fixed a very rare issue where the left pistol could shoot two bullets instead of one.
                • Vehicle explosions sometimes did not appear in killcams; fixed.
                • Disable the create clan button when the service is unavailable.
                • Added error popup to the Call of Duty Account button when the service is down.
                • Added an error message on the Clan section of the Friends List when the service is down.
                • When losing internet connection, then attempting to modify a loadout's perks, the game now returns you to the main menu.
                • Balanced the Focus Perk's view-kick scale.
                • Fixed bug where clan tag colors were not showing up on Clan Details page.
                • Fixed an issue where mantling while going through a blitz portal would sometimes not teleport the players.
                • Adding patch & background reward for Call of Duty Account Registration.
                • In Extinction, fixed a rare issue where the alien wouldn’t retreat.
                • Fixed an issue in Extinction when the hive chopper wouldn’t show up if
                • an attack chopper was bought during a very specific window of time.
                • Multiple fixes for Recent History and My Modes lists.
                • Fix for sometimes spawning from last stand without a weapon in hand in Extinction.
                • Fix for a few last stand revive weapon bugs in Extinction.
                • Added new MP spawn music.
                • Fixed an issue with the ammo counter sometimes not showing up properly in safeguard.
                • Fixed a rare issue where the Score/XP popup (i.e., +100) didn’t appear when killing a player in Squads Mode.
                • Changing the leaderboard filter then scrolling would sometimes cause the user to be sent back to a previous menu screen, fixed.
                • We now show dog tags to spectators in Search and Rescue.
                • Ensured the ratchet sound only plays when first entering the summary after a game.
                • Replace generic unlock icon (head/helmet/uniform) with text description of item.
                • Fixed a bug with shooting down a heli sniper with a gryphon.
                • Riot shield assists challenge balancing.
                • Fixed operation completion bonus to account for multi-tier operations rolling over.
                • Improved UI messages to explain rewards.
                • Added a "Track Operation" button helper text in the operation selection menu.
                • Make it so the CoD Anywhere confirm button does not disappear when you back out of a field edit popup.
                • Fix for mismatched player cards in extinction mode.
                • Added thermal hybrid scope hint in extinction HUD.
                • Fixed an issue where backing out of a certain error popup would cause the player to sit in a lobby that wouldn't fill up in Squad Assault.
                • Fixed unlocalized text in the Extinction unlock screen for Extinction abilities.

I don't think I've ever seen longer patch notes in a Call of Duty game. Was the game even finished on release?

What does "Balanced the Focus Perk's view-kick scale" mean? Was Focus nerfed?

When will we have the option to disable the music and announcers?

• 14. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)

Anti-Cheat fixes? don´t see the difference. when r u going to solve the infinity squad points, every kill 1 squad point, every dead 1 squad point.

• 15. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)
                  Raketti

candyslexia wrote:

Key Changes
                    • Further spawn logic improvements.

Thank you for all the information, and it's nice to see you are acknowledging certain issues with the game.

So far i'm still seeing quite many bad spawns (spawning directly into gunfire or next to an I.E.D, or spawning so that i take 2 steps and get shot in the back etc.), so hopefully you will make some further adjustments.

• 16. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)
                    avengedyesterday

TinyLittleTimmy wrote:

I doubt dedicated servers will help, most of the lag is the user's fault, even if the servers are dedicated users will still have the option for a terribly poor or super fast internet connection. Lobbies should put people with similar connections into similar lobbies, that's about as good as it gets. Ping is the amount of time it takes for your connection to travel to another player and back to see if your bullets connect. If you have a dedicated server your connection only has to travel as far as the dedicated server so in theory it can be faster. It can also be slower though, for example, if the dedicated server is in California but I'm in Florida playing with other people from Georgia, Alabama, Florida. With a dedicated server all the bullets have to travel across the US before a connection can be made, thus take longer to travel that long distance rather make a short trip next door. In this same scenario, if a local host were selected instead of a dedicated server, it is likely that the player nearby with the fastest average connection would be chosen as a host, someone from GA, AL, FL, so the bullets would connect faster.

This theoretical time span for bullet travel is all dependent though on the users, for example in the non-dedicated server scenario if you start a match and fall into a lobby full of 50ms ping players, get host, then start up a huge torrent download on your PC, then your ping will become unstable, and the lags will happen for everyone (sometime the connection the host even becomes lost). But if you do the same on a dedicated server theoretically only you would be lagged by your local downloads, since the dedicated server only has to use it's connection on the game oblivious of your downloads, but then you have to deal with god-like players that very close to the dedicated server who won't have any lag at all. So there is no real solution.

Personally I'd just kick anyone in the lobby that lags more than 50ms from the host's game clock, but hey, I'm an evil programmer. Activision wants everyone to be able to play all over the world no matter how aweful their connection is so we will just have to get used to the lag.

Smart post.

I think the best solution would be to set minimum standards, where if you fall below you get disconnected.

Either way dedi's or not, lag has been and always will be there at some point. It seems lag these days is just the perfect scape goat for getting outplayed.

• 17. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)

I would love theater mode for two reasons. 1 it helps the community catch hackers. 2. Bc when someone in my lobby does exceptionally well i like to watch how they play. I like to see if they camped, area camped, sniped, quickscoped, rushed, cheated, or whatever. I like to learn from those with skill and call out the campers and hackers.

• 18. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)
                        THEBOUNCER1972

When are you going to banned all the hackers and aimboters then or are you lot at infinity ward not going to do anything about it just like all you'er other call of duty games i know what you will do just sit on your ass and do nothing just like all the other times

• 19. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (11/21/13)
                          Izjar11

There are many thing in this title update that leave little to the imagination but nonetheless the size of it requires respect. Good!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next