14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2013 1:36 AM by ps3noob RSS

Prestige and Unlock System

I miss the old way. I find it boring that I can unlock anything I want whenever i want. There's no challenge in prestiging anymore. You can just buy whatever you want as long as you have the squad points. I enjoyed completing challenges and unlocking perks, weapons, and attachments. Oh well.

brsox
        • Test #1
          Re: Prestige and Unlock System

yeah its not the same anymore... squad points??? starting to sound like battlefield or something

Last Edited: Nov 19, 2013 6:52 PM
          • Test #1

Actually just don't spend your Squad Points on the perks and you have something to unlock your welcome.

Last Edited: Nov 19, 2013 6:55 PM
            • Test #1

I tend to agree. I always liked earning things. Really made working with each weapon mean something.

But now that I rarely get to play... I am actually OK with this system.

I almost wish they gave players the choice.... Challenges or Squad Points. People could choose the route they wanted to go.

Last Edited: Nov 19, 2013 6:59 PM
              • Test #1

For challenges just do Operations for unlocks. I like being able to set up a load out how I want off the bat. It saves us from "No-Life" try hards that have everything unlocked in two days while I have nothing. In a way they still do because I still cant get some perks yet and haven't amassed enough points for big gun Kill Streaks.

Last Edited: Nov 19, 2013 7:12 PM
                • Test #1

brsox wrote:

I miss the old way. I find it boring that I can unlock anything I want whenever i want. There's no challenge in prestiging anymore. You can just buy whatever you want as long as you have the squad points. I enjoyed completing challenges and unlocking perks, weapons, and attachments. Oh well.

Personally... I don't miss the grind to unlock attachments but ranking up and prestiging do seem pointless.

I would have preferred having an unlock tied to rank but it can be applied to anything.

• Example: Rank 21 you get a weapon unlock. Unlock any weapon you want. Rank 22 you get a perk unlock, etc.
                  • Tie weapon camos to attachment challenges. So many kills with X attachment gets you Y camo.
                  • Tie soldier customization to operations. (This I like in Ghosts)

Extra soldiers should not have been available until you prestiged.

My 2 cents.

Last Edited: Nov 19, 2013 7:46 PM
                  • Test #1

I'm pretty sure you can still only unlock certain perks at certain ranks.

Last Edited: Nov 19, 2013 10:18 PM
                    • Test #1

the thing i missed most though Is weapons are locked by level remeber that feeling when you unlock the

last gun in the game   there killing cod black ops tried custimosation and points then realised they were cheap and removed them learn for mistakes

we can hope they fix it in the next cod but me and a few others won't be there the cod burnout is hitting hard

Last Edited: Nov 20, 2013 1:36 AM