20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2013 10:20 PM by mdub RSS

WTF

Is it me or does the new game lag more every year. I die twice as much as I can kill. This is by far the worst COD yet for me. The spawning also sucks. I just played a game where a guy is shooting my teammate and it spawns me two feet in front of him shooting through me. I spawned dead, at least the other games I can spawn then die. Not to mention the guy that I hurt with a grenade and unloaded both pistol mags into his back, pulled rifle out and he turns around and kills me with one shot.I know I am not that great but come on. This game is broken. Infinity Ward can I have my money back and why did you require us to use the ps plus network. You want us to pay for something that doesn't work?

• Re: WTF
          nicka_denton

Yeah I agree with you on this one - How are the spawns so bad on Maps bigger than from the last few games....
          Apparently a patch is in the works for this tho.

Hoping that they roll out the dedicated servers damn soon to stop the Lag.

If this wasn't a call of duty game, the release date would have been pushed back to March.

It's the most incomplete game I have played in my life. Everything in a AAA title you buy should be polished and ready for launch..... Not adding stuff here and there in the 1st few months because the game isn't finished...

Activision needs to sort their s*&$ out for the next COD game.

gotsomestars

You must not play online games much. No title is ever 100% ready at launch ever. They ALL have problems the first couple weeks.

domgalmem

gotsomestars> I am not some teen or 20-something kid who just started play video games... I have owned every COD game and still own 5. I have been playing onlne for many many years...Do not presume you know me. I said that I am 2- 3 second behind and that I am...How else can I be running right behind a player who is runninig directly ahead of me and I shoot a full clip into his back and NADA. Oh he was behind the corner ... This has happened more than not ... it got a bit better last night when I could find a game.

mdub

domgalmem wrote:

gotsomestars> I am not some teen or 20-something kid who just started play video games... I have owned every COD game and still own 5. I have been playing onlne for many many years...Do not presume you know me.

If that is the case. Then ....

domgalmem wrote:

I am 2- 3 second behind

Why make this claim? Its not even logical. You do realize that you are claiming to have 2000 - 3000 ms of latency .... right?

You would have to be, connecting to a host, living on the moon .... for your statement to be true.

domgalmem

I just love how you knowitalls and Fan boys just do your best to shoot down any claim someone makes with faulty science. mdub, I can be 2-3 seconds behind for two reasons... 1 I could be simply lagging, but as you so kindly pointed out, that would be a stretch... BUT if I am lagging and I hosting and my camera is off... I could definately be 2-3 seconds behind every other player. Have you considered that sir?  I constantly have people on my team running into me or me into them I get one shotted all the time, only to see 5-6 shots on the kill camI walk up behind people and shoot a full clip into them then they some how jump out from behind a corner and one shot me while I am reloading... K

You are right I am not 2-3 seconds behind.... It just FEELS that way because of several factors. That said, your statement does not change what I am experiencing in game.

mdub

domgalmem wrote:

II could definately be 2-3 seconds behind every other player. Have you considered that sir?

Have I considered that? Your claim is ridiculous.

You are not getting 2000 - 3000 ms of latency. Had you of claimed 200 - 300ms .... that would be believable.

domgalmem wrote:

only to see 5-6 shots on the kill camI walk up behind people and shoot a full clip into them then they some how jump out from behind a corner and one shot me while I am reloading... K

Killcam's mean nothing. If your claim to have owned every COD was true ..... you would know this by now.

domgalmem wrote:

your statement does not change what I am experiencing in game.

I dont pretend to know what your experience is. I do know what its not though .... You do not have 2000 - 3000ms of latency.

domgalmem

You know what Genius... I will leave you to your misinformed ideas. Did I specifically say anything about latency? I said that I was 2-3 seconds behind... do you have problems reading or something? And yes latency is a part of the cause... Period!

ChestSplittah

Do you even know what latency is? In regards of "timing" in the Internet?

mdub

domgalmem wrote:

You know what Genius... I will leave you to your misinformed ideas. Did I specifically say anything about latency? I said that I was 2-3 seconds behind... do you have problems reading or something? And yes latency is a part of the cause... Period!

I get it now. You're one of those types, that has a made up version ... of how the internet works.

domgalmem

I definately agree with you ... I only got this game because I was told that there would be dedicated servers... SO FAR-NONE. I have been playing at least 2-3 seconds behind everyone AGAIN.  Just like the last few COD games. Oh yea, it is my internet connection... why doesn't this happen in any other MP game for me.... FIX THIS!!!!... Then why should I even hold my breath..Did it ever get fixed in BO.. NO

BO2-NO

MW3-WORST LAG FOR ME -NO

Now where are these dedicated servers? Why am I always hosting games? Why can't you get dedicated servers for the 60 bucks we have spent on these games for the past few years?

This is you last chance activision...

Keep this up and you will go the way of Blockbuster ... Very soon!

ChestSplittah

Sony requires us to have plus to play online. Not IW.

• Re: Re: WTF

I have to disagree. Sony said that they are not the ones who make the decision to go with or without the plus. It is up to the game producer. That is why you don't need it for every game. I don't know why they do it, probably a kickback from Sony.

ChestSplittah

Sooo... Sony Entertainment CORPORATION was told by Infinity Ward STUDIO (owned by ACTIVISION) to charge to play any game online for PS4? <~I know you don't mean that!!

• Re: Re: WTF

Here is a direct quote from an article "

SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed the news with Polygon.

“As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it’s a publisher’s decision whether they put it inside or outside of the PlayStation Plus requirements,” he said.

The news came following word that Sony Online Entertainment’s two PlayStation 4 MMOs, DC Universe Online and Planetside 2, won’t require PlayStation Plus subscriptions." This is what I read, maybe I am interpreting it wrong.

hyper72

Who and where has said the 22nd of november we are getting dedicated servers?