1 2 3 4 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2013 4:15 AM by squirrelness Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?
        myevo8you

Kandagawa wrote:

The dedicated servers for the hybrid system are going live tomorrow. Practically everyone already knows this because people have been whining about how IW lied to the playerbase ever since Ghost launched.

As for the subject at large, no, I won't be switching. None of the games on the next gen are worth investing in until at least next year.

FALSE. They have ZERO idea when they will be going live. A forum member got a response back from Activision from Twitter and this was their EXACT conversation

@ATVIAssist any updates on dedicated servers for Xbox 360? WE DEMAND TO KNOW! Don't leave us behind! - 20 Nov

Activision Support@ATVIAssist

@_stter We do not have any details or information in regards to dedicated servers available at this time...

As you can see it was dated the 20th, which was YESTERDAY.

• 11. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?
          squirrelness

Haha, I am a bit concerned about finding lobbies, but pretty much all of my friends are making the jump tonight (or this weekend) and there are simply a lot of people who are getting a One who don't post here (or any message board for that matter.)

• 12. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

Why would anyone trust the Support staff? No one tells the dregs of a company jack, and they're frequently (no matter the company) wrong.

• 13. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?
              myevo8you

There are ZERO headsets like the Turtle Beaches or Astro's that are compatible with the XBOX One. The Turtle Beach XO4 and XO7 were supposed to be released with the console on the 22nd but issues arose and now they are saying January possibly February.

What I am doing is using my X31's since they are plugged into my Audio Out on my tv for surround sound, and then placing the included headset on the outside of my neck with the mic over my ear for chat. Kind of cumbersome, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

• 14. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

squirrelness wrote:

Haha, I am a bit concerned about finding lobbies, but pretty much all of my friends are making the jump tonight (or this weekend) and there are simply a lot of people who are getting a One who don't post here (or any message board for that matter.)

Well, I am exaggerating kind of. I'm sure there will be some switching. But you would think with all the enthusiasts there would be some activity on the Xbone forums? I would pretty much bet the 360 will have a much larger playerbase than the Xbone will (at least until the next COD is released). 

• 15. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?
                  squirrelness

Interesting, I tried to use the audio out from my TV last night to hook up my x32s and it didn't work.  That's why I ordered the digital optical to rca converter.  But it won't be here for a week or so.  :/  And I'll do something similar to you for chat.  Not exactly optimal, but it'll get the job done. 

• 16. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?
                    squirrelness

I knew you were exaggerating. 

I agree about the One forums.  I don't post there much because no one else seems to.  I'm hoping that those of us making the move will at least spend a little time over there in the coming days and that we'll get some 'new blood' as well with the console releasing tonight. 

• 17. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

I know the native resolution for both systems(360 and One) are the same, 720P, so what makes you think the graphics are better? Is it supposed to have a higher refresh rate or frame rate? Not a dig, just not sure how they could be better if the resolutions are the same.

• 18. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?
                        squirrelness

There's more than just resolution to the equation.  With the One being far more powerful the texturing and lighting are much improved.

I posted this on the One forum a couple of weeks ago but I'll post it here again.  A guy got his One two weeks early (@moonlightswami on Twitter) and he posted side by side images of Freight.  The differences are very noticeable....at least to me.  (The One is on the left and the 360 is on the right.)

http://i.imgur.com/vIMBi65.jpg

• 19. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?
                          McZOMBI

I considered it but looking at the line-up of releases I'm not too impressed. I tend to upgrade consoles for a particular game and none have taken my fancy to be honest. Maybe if I was enjoying Ghosts I'd upgrade but at the moment the other games I play are 360 only. Maybe in Spring when Titanfall and Destiny come out or I might just wait for the inevitable cheaper version without Kinect.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next