11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2013 2:17 PM by keakua RSS

Chrome Barrel Attachment - Operation Inactive

tjmoore365

What's going on with this? The last time I tried sniping with the chrome barrel "attachment" (LOL!! As if you can just put a chrome lining in your barrel, or remove it, at your leisure.) I had almost 100 kills towards getting my ghillie suit. But now, it's locked and says "Operation Inactive." What the hell is going on here?

• Re: Chrome Barrel Attachment - Operation Inactive

"(LOL!! As if you can just put a chrome lining in your barrel, or remove it, at your leisure.)"

Actually, you would just be swapping out the barrel of the rifle.  Which is just as easy and quick, if not quicker than changing most every other attachment.

To have your question answered try reposting this in the Support forum.

tjmoore365

I'm well aware of the fact that a person can swap out the barrel on a gun. I've changed my AR15 barrel from a stainless steel barrel to a chrome lined barrel. I was just making fun of the game for making it appear to all of the "firearm professionals" in CoD that you can insert and remove the lining in the barrel quickly and easily. I can only imagine how many game players have talked about buying chrome lining barrel inserts because of this.

Anyhow, perhaps you're right about where I should post this question. Thanks.

The operations are time based.  You need to go into your main operations screen, and take a look at the weapon attachment opperations (its like A or X to expand the operation).  You can either wait for your current weapon attachment operations to expire, or you can purchase new operations (which will roll for new operations).  You may have to purcase it more then once until the chrome barrel becomes active.

tjmoore365

Purchase the operation? That doesn't make any sense... And I've already tried purchasing the chrome lining again with a different character using a different gun. It didn't open it up.

phxs72

He's talking about using Squad Points to purchase more operations.  Odd are you used some on this category before which is why the chrome barrel challenge got locked.  I don't know if your progress will be kept since it's relocked but it's worth a shot.

Just in case you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to your Operations and press the square button on PS3 (It's the reload button on XBOX).  It should ask you if you want to purchase more operations.  It costs one squad point to do this but just be aware that you may end up locking some other operation that you are working on when you do this.

Just go to the operations screne.  Its somewhere in the menus.  You will see like 5 operations (and each of those are expandable).  Just purchase new operations on the operation that pertains to weapon attachments.  Then expand it to see if chrome barrel is active.  If not, you may have to spend another point to roll again.  Once its active.  You will have like 13days to complete it.  So throw on a chrome barrel and get shooting.

I am currently doing the variable-zoom for the sub-par ghillie suit.

ChronoZombie

But are they supposed to be locked?  The first week, every operation was active- looking at all of the patches and uniform option, there was never any "This operation is inactive" text under any of them.  Then a patch came that broke operations completely for some people, and also locked out operations not currently visible, so I have to wonder if locking them was a mistake.

Honestly, I am very against locking out any operations.  What if I get a lucky shot and get two headshots with one bullet while All-Pro is inactive? I just get to suck it up and hope it happens again when it finally rolls around, and before it becomes inactive again?  What if I want to play the game with my friends, but they have TDM operations and I don't?  This is exactly the situation I was in last time I played with a friend, and all those TDM games counted for squat for me.

I have to believe it was a bug that caused this, but the interface is so poorly designed, I can't be too surprised if they thought limiting operations was actually a good idea.  BO1 had contracts that rotated out, but those were not tied to actual challenges or unlocks, just xp and money.

I think this is one of the dumbest additions to the game.