34 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2013 4:26 AM by Spacious_Fissure RSS

Are You Getting Bored of Ghost?

GamebroCrazy

A lot of people I met seem bored of this game (even on my sisters PS3 community, they seem bored to). I get bored sometimes but not the "oh, I better go turn this game in" bored (I'm never going to do that). Of course, this is Infinity Ward's game we're talking about...

• Re: Are You Getting Bored of Ghost?
          LinkHdz97

kinda.... i'm certainly playing less than BO2. to be honest i expected to be better than BO2 but it seems like a step backwards.... i'll still play it, but I'm not as interested as before.

Pwnsweet

Na, I haven't played it yet.

I've been playing a different version where you shoot and sometimes the bullets hit enemies but most of the time they don't. I can't wait for the real version to get released!

WiimotesRus02

Frustrated more than bored, but bored with playing the same people when they eventually come online..

Spacious_Fissure

More getting bored of how people play the game. When I come across these lobbies that 3-4 people on the enemy team are sitting in the back of the map hardscoping the B flag or sitting in the most bizarre corners it kills the pace of the game. 6v6 makes this game slow enough. People also love their thermal scopes in this game.

I like Stormfront when people move around but so many people want to sit in those back buildings next to C and go 4-1 with 0 flag caps.

When people do that on my team I'm having to cap flags by myself or with 1 or 2 other guys while we're out numbered by 6 other guys.

TheMikeBO

I'm not playing as much as I thought I would. In previous COD releases I would rush my kids to bed so I could run downstairs and play into the wee hours of the morning and then be tired at work the next day. Not happening. When I do get online I can't join lobbies with my friends and when I do I find our clan up against another really tough clan and I mute my friends so I can hear the foot steps just to stay 1 on my KDR. I'm having a real tough time being shot in the back and losing head to head gun battles so I have to listen really close to make sure someone doesn't knife me from behind. I don't know if it's the lag or what but I wasn't this bad at the previous CODs.

When I do find time to play I end up doing squad safe or whatever its called. That's kind of fun but there isn't enough people there yet.

Padiego

I just don't have the urge to play it. No real reason why.

LucaPac

The answer is YES

And it's the first time that it happens, it feels like I've wasted 70€

These are the problems:

1) Few game modes (less than any other Call of Duty from MWR to BO2)

2) Wonderful big maps ruined by only 12 players

3) The game gives everything it got immediately, so after few matches you have already seen everything

4) There's no reason to prestige

5) Extremely easy quickscoping and knifing make this a game for noobs

6) Few statistics (I love the way treyarch cares about statistics and options, i never liked the way Infinity ward neglects this things)

7) Stupid  and very annoying respawn points that invites you to turn off the console -.-

nintendon't

The more I play Ghosts the more I realize I dislike IW's games. I'm really starting to miss the more skill based gameplay of BO1/BO2.

Almost everything in this game feels like it's designed so any moron can get a good score. High damage low recoil guns ensuring everyone can be super accurate and good at getting kills, kills from computer killstreaks counting towards your streak, support streaks making it so garbage tier players can still get streaks including artificial skill boosting stuff like Ballistic vests/oracle, game purposely spawning you near enemies, MOABS in care packages, no perk restrictions means little to no class sacrifices, ETC.

It's just rage inducing. Really looking forward to BO3 next year.

Padiego

I think the black ops series are done. I wouldn't mind Treyarch going back to WW2 ...

The war to end all wars: Encore! Starring Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Hirohito, Churchill, and FDR! Special appearance by Randy Newman, singing his brand new single, You've got a lag switch in me!

Seriously though.....I would love a new WW2 game. DAT MP44.

GamebroCrazy

Technically (what I think), W@W was apart of a trilogy (W@W, Black Ops 1 & 2). Victor Rezsnov was in W@W and was an important part of the story. In Black Ops, he returns as a brain wash to Alex Mason (I still was kind of confused with the whole thing since I was 15 on 16 and was a little bit dumb), convincing him to finish what he started. And of course we have Black Ops: II which involves Mason's son (with a cameo of Victor in it).

Padiego

Simple, Alex Mason was brainwashed by the Soviets to do their bidding, but Resznov got to him and did a bit of brainwashing himself to get revenge on Kravchenko and Dragovich(Or whatever their names were)...oh and that doctor guy. What'hisfacenazidude.

Maybe have a new WW2 CoD from the perspective of the Axis Powers...or is that too edgy? Damn you sensitive people....this is why we can't have nice things.

GamebroCrazy

Hmm. What about about... Call of Duty... In Space?

Padiego

StarDate 5478

Earth. Cradle of mankind. For thousands of years, mankind has fought many bloody battles upon this rock. The time has come for humanity to leave its roots and reach for the stars. Alpha Centauri, the nearest star to our sun, provided humans with a new home. A new home called Coruscan. Here, humanity finds microscopic creatures...upon contact, some humans are able to control objects why merely thinking about it. People rush to this new world in hopes that the microscopic creatures favor them...of course you have the good, the bad, and the ugly. The Re-United Russian States of the Great North manage to make a weapon out of the strange crystals found in the caves of this new world. They call it a lightsaber.....

GamebroCrazy

Yeah they make shitty games. Actually let me rephrase that. THEY MAKE THE WORST CoD TITLES (In my opinion, but at least they tried to make this game look good). I think it's cool they made more interactions with the dynamic maps and I like that because it gives both experienced players and new players a fresh look at the game. But they couldn't fit more in because this isn't the so-called new engine they announced, It's still Quake 3.0. They just stripped the engine naked and threw out some of it's old clothes and gave it new ones to wear. That's not a new engine IW... They're also clueless when it comes to patching crap considering each time they patch something, it either, A. Results in more glitches or B. Doesn't fix it for some reason.

Ronin2012

yawwwwwwwn , sorry what was the question?

people being bored of COD in general is my bet. this game quickly became my go to game when ever i feel like COD, which is every now to then. as for graphics someone brought up, its a bit blurry, but every version is poorly made sooo.

BlackMetroid95

Meh, Ghosts isn't boring yet for me. It's annoying if anything with all the campers. Wish people would stop sitting in corners, but that's probably asking way too darn much. But im not loving it as much as i did at this time of the year with Black Ops 2. Gets stale after awhile.

I'm not bored of Ghosts.  I'm bored of Call of Duty in general.  I mean, think about it guys.  Read the threads complaining about connections, campers, etc.  It's all the same as years past.  Over and over.  Overall, I actually do think that this is the best COD game yet, but the overall concept is played out.  I mean, I'll still play it from time to time, but I'm not 'addicted' to it like I used to be.  That's about it.  Ghosts is actually an excellent game, imo.

bitterbub

Mostly just annoyed because the game does feel like a step back. It really has some good ideas, like how they nerfed the certain sights, like "Motion tracker", "Infrared sight" by making it you don't look down the entire scope. But, they dun goofed by putting in the Marksmen rifles and giving them the ability to be as versatile as they are, I mean just the burst attachment for these guns is downright outrageous.