1 2 3 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 6:13 PM by mcdonamw RSS

Xbox One Headset

cranium2001

Okay, so I tried the two headsets move and I can't hear the other people in my Astro headset. The game sounds great but chat is only coming through the supplied headset. Any ideas or is everyone else in the same boat?

• 1. Re: Xbox One Headset
          maccabi

cranium2001 wrote:

Okay, so I tried the two headsets move and I can't hear the other people in my Astro headset. The game sounds great but chat is only coming through the supplied headset. Any ideas or is everyone else in the same boat?

everyone will be in the same boat till 2014 , issue is MS decided to add a propitiatory port to the controller making every legacy headset defunct for chat... welcome to nextgen gaming

Until ms release he adaptor and/or jiggle the audio on the console you're stuck using the mono headset that came with the console if you want to hear game sound and chat.

The only way you could maybe get it to work is to use connect the astros to the tv audio out then use the ms headset for chat but well...

• 2. Re: Xbox One Headset
            cranium2001

Uugh. I thought I could pull it off. It is quite painful. The supplied headset is garbage. The sad part is Id rather pay for another one that worked. Thank  for the help Mac.

• 3. Re: Xbox One Headset

hey bud i can help u with that give me an hour and ill upload my headset tip for you let u know wen im done

• 4. Re: Xbox One Headset
                Chasedpuppet01

Can you run your old-gen headset through the optical cord and then use Kinect as a mic?

• 5. Re: Xbox One Headset
                  Uberd

I have my headset connected through optical on xbox one, and used the Kinect as my mic in party chat.  It just about made the headset useless.  It turned the volume down significantly, and almost seemed to split the audio in half with the person I was in a party chat with.

• 6. Re: Xbox One Headset
                    cranium2001

Is there an option to set the kinect mic? Can you still hear chat through your regular (Astro or TB) headset? Thanks in advance.

• 7. Re: Xbox One Headset
                      Uberd

Sorry, the headset I am referring to are my TB PX5's and chat and game audio comes through.  The chat is overpowered a bit, making the game audio very low, (footsteps, etc).  It was late and didn't get a chance to go through all the settings for the X1, so not sure about the Kinect mic adjustability.

• 8. Re: Xbox One Headset

hey man sorry its not up yet i will stay up till its done dude aiite .this was ay pain in the bum to work out so i wonted do this so it will free up ppl time to get in and game

• 9. Re: Xbox One Headset

ill help you u set up ur kinect adjustable

1 2 3 Previous Next