22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2014 3:47 PM by Runandgunerring RSS

Of the grid

xGLRxLwarriorXx

how is it possible for the enemies to see meon the mini map , while i'm running the of the grid perk, which says you won't be detected by enemy satcom???

• Re: Of the grid
          banned-again

depends on how many sat coms are active if there is enough of them it acts like a advanced uav from mw3 so maybes that shows you on the map or maybes they are using sitrep and can see your equipment through walls which pretty much gives you away

Bielsalmighty

How do you know they saw you on the mini-map and didn't soundwhore you, or a teammate of theirs called out your position/the route you were taking?

ive stopped running off the grid.i feel incog has more benefit with all the thermal scopes and tracker sight campers around at the moment.

Are you using a silencer too? Or did you just kill their team-mate there? Cause communication and gunshots will still give you away. Even shooting silenced if I can see your bullet trail i can figure out where you are. Or Im just checking EVERY corner and found you first.

A few things could be happening.... You aren't using a silencer, ur killing ppl and not using take down,  the enemy is using ping,  or amplify. As one person mentioned incognito is the way to go now.  Since day one I've been using thermal scope and it lights up ppl like crazy cause Noone was really using incognito.  I've seen more ppl making a switch to it so at least half the enemy team is using incognito now.  Dead silence is almost a must as even without amplify ur footsteps are as loud as an elephant... I don't need headphones cause my tvs surround sound feature brings background noise to the forefront. The thermal had really only been beneficial lately to finding ppl tactical loitering in odd spots and picking off my team.  I use the lsat with thermal and silencer but use it to run n gun with quick draw steady aim takedown off the grid or incognito and sitrep . I love seeing ppl throw equipment then head in that direction. Or ppl who loiter neat ied or satcoms.

Also forgot... Maybe ur team mates are near u and don't have off the grid or a silencer or dead silence on.  I always ask ppl who come running with me if they have dead silence incognito or off the grid on,  if they don't I get the EFF away from them.  They're like dudes who ran next to u without blindeye in mw3 and a predator dropping at your feet

xGLRxLwarriorXx

hmm maybe i should try take down and see if that works , thanks !

If u think about it takedown is one of the best and most underrated perks... I'm always looking for skulls popping up so I know where action is and enemies may be. Nothing like picking someone off who is next to a teammate and them not knowing what happened. I hear my teammates get taken down and if I don't see the skull I stop n start looking around and usually end up dead next. So invaluable at 1 pt.  Literally save a me when flanking or being sneaky

rankismet

xGLRxLwarriorXx wrote:

how is it possible for the enemies to see meon the mini map , while i'm running the of the grid perk, which says you won't be detected by enemy satcom???

Off... it's Off The Grid.

And are you using a suppressed weapon?

You will appear on the map when firing otherwise.

Carvalho16

I've always maintained there should be a perk which prevents your enemy seeing a deathcam.

The amount of complaints before this game came out about OTG being OP, yet I havent heard many complaints about it at all. It's quite a balanced perk currently because the Satcom's huge weakness is that you can not stack it yourself as a killstreak. The 4 x Satcom effect was one of the most useless things I have come across in this game since it rarely lasts at all.

xFightingIrishx

if it happens when sat coms are up then people are using your teammates locations to find you. you might be close or they might use process of elimination to figure that you are around the corner.

riksterinto

Are you also using Dead Silence?  It's quite possible they heard you. Especially if they are using amplify but even without footsteps are really loud when you have a headset.

Off the grid doesn't really do any good if you aren't pairing it with Dead Silence.

nicedrewishfela

If you are playing Core... take some time to watch the Kill Cams. They might give you an indication  of what error you are making.

Runandgunerring

They don't see you on their mini map. Off the grid does exactly what it says it does. I run it with every class and it is definitely one of the better perks. People are either hearing you or seeing you or just guessing.