1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 71 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2014 2:37 PM by bamabilly Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience
        TheGreenGoby

can't agree I'm afraid.  The heavily promoted squads mode for weeks prior to release,... now after they have my money, they water it down into an impotent game mode,..  that is cheating me.

FYI the "they" here is Infinity Ward

• 41. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience
          nicedrewishfela

Show us proof of what you feel you were promised.

• 42. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience

Not really they actually said that playing squads would get you all the benefits of play MP and it does not. It's not a sense of entitlement but a sense of not getting what you paid for. Honestly i would not have bought the game if they told me xp would not get carried over all the way or that you could not unlock everything in the game by playing squads mode. They advertised something and didn't hold up too it. it would be like if you were going to buy a TV for for it's HD properties and they advertised it for HD when you buy the TV it isn't actually in HD at all just some channels come with HD resolution and not even half of the channels are in HD resolution, you would feel cheated. Games need to actually tell people what is going to be in them online and off especially if their selling a season pass for more money than the actual game. This is horrible advertising honestly it was pretty hard to find out information on squads mode and they over sold it. I actually make my own games so i know how easy it is to tell people what is actually going to be in the game lol. This is an obvious way to get people who don't play online to play online. anyways by watering down a mode that was supposed to give people who do not play online the online progression. It proves what a lot of people are saying about these call of duty games and I was against them and now I have to agree with them sadly. IW and other game companies need to treat their customers and fans better NO DLC and when you advertise something advertise it as it actually is not what you think people will spend money on. I have a job and i have to advertise the products that i sell as they are not what i think people will buy lol. I am happy that they extended the offline features, but not happy that they falsely advertised a game. I know a lot of people who like would not have bought the game had they advertised it as it actually was. Honestly i was happy with black ops 2 having local MP. I was personally looking for a game that gave you offline progression Honestly IW advertised being able to play completely offline and earn xp and you can't actually play offline and progress lol.

• 43. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience
              nicedrewishfela

Wrong. Unless you can show me where you saw this, I am going to say you heard what you wanted to hear, read a speculative article about it somewhere, or just plain old got bad information... and that is on you and nobody else.

The Squads trailer states .."In Multiplayer players create a squad of soldiers and earn XP to rank them up, unlocking all new customization and loadout options. In squads, players get to see all that hard work come to life by seeing their whole squad fight together.... The XP you earn battling in squads carries back into Multi-player... allowing you to learn and level on your own terms."

They CLEARLY state that you unlock things in MP and get to show them off in Squads, and that the XP you earn in squads would help you progress in MP, which it does. Spreading.. and believing... false information is just not right.

• 44. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience

http://mp1st.com/2013/10/25/call-duty-ghosts-squads-mode-detail-part-1/#.UxpeK_l dVdg

Mark Rubbin actually says everything I do carries over between both modes. look at creating your own squad video its the first one. this is actually the video that sold the game for me and yes this is advertising when someone from IW tells players on a video game web site like IGN what will actually be in the game lol. also in war game at 4 min they say unified multiplayer. In the create your squad they actually say I quote ( start at 21 seconds) in create your squad video " everything I do carries on both modes" they say its a single unified system. Now why can't I do operation is squads and unlock gear for my squad member playing squads. Also they don't talk about XP caps at all. This is my proof.

• 45. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience

http://mp1st.com/2013/10/25/call-duty-ghosts-squads-mode-detail-part-1/#.UxpeK_l dVdg

Mark Rubbin actually says everything I do carries over between both modes. look at creating your own squad video its the first one. this is actually the video that sold the game for me and yes this is advertising when someone from IW tells players on a video game web site like IGN what will actually be in the game lol. also in war game at 4 min they say unified multiplayer. In the create your squad they actually say I quote ( start at 21 seconds) in create your squad video " everything I do carries on both modes" they say its a single unified system. Now why can't I do operation is squads and unlock gear for my squad member playing squads. Also they don't talk about XP caps at all. This is my proof.

• 46. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience
                    nicedrewishfela

Wow. You again heard what you WANTED TO HEAR.

He and the interviewer went into the Create-a-Class and discussed the fact that if you make a Change in Squads, it will carry over to Multi-Player. If you make a Change in Multi-Player, it carries over to Squads. So if you change one of your soldiers, say change the gun in Class One while playing squads... when you go to MP that class will have changed there as well. All of that is true. All he is saying here is that you can change anything in Squads Create a Class that you can in Multi-Player Create a Class.

He doesn't even mention XP in that Video. So did you just assume this?

Again, you heard what you wanted to hear.

• 47. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience

not really saying single unified system and saying everything you do in each of the modes carries over to both modes in no way means changes made to squad members exclusively. if that's what it meant he would have said that. Ya it doesn't  mention xp cap and i actually said that in my post. I feel they should have mentioned xp cap. Anyways it is not a unified system at all its basically a watered down alternative to MP and they should have clarified that a little better in these videos. I think this is the problem modern games companies are facing is the ability to give offline gamers a good experience as well. I feel it's probably hard because they spend so much for online and servers i can understand why Sony wants people to pay for online on PS4 now they actually need the money so companies can develop better games that appeal to everyone and not just online gamers. I feel call of duty ghost should at least add some challenges that will allow us to unlock gear and customization so that you can play squads and get to customize you squad member. And ya this video is pretty misleading no one is hearing what they want to hear we are hearing what they are saying.

• 48. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience
                        nicedrewishfela

It is in no way misleading. They went into Create a Class and were discussing Create a Class and that is when he mentioned it was a unified system. He said it in the context of Create a Class. He mentioned repeatedly that changes you make in one will carry over to the other.

You not understanding does not make the video misleading. In fact watched all of the vids and he never states you get unlimited XP or can earn everything that you can in MP. He mentions you can earn XP towards MP and level up (You Can) and earn Squad Points to unlock items (You Can).

You heard what you wanted to hear.

• 49. Re: Completing the Squads Mode Experience

It was in the context of crate a squad. And creating a squad lets you customize your squad with gear and other stuff. Saying that everything you do in both modes carries over is making the buyer assume that you can earn everything in both modes. My point is they advertised and stated things that were very misleading to a population of gamers who like to play offline. Honestly this is why they created squads mode was to appeal to offline gamers so how can you appeal to a offline gamer when you make a watered down experience, not tell the full information and give misleading videos that make everyone think it's going to be one way when in fact it is actually another way.  Honestly you just haven't experienced enough of life yet to get what we are trying to say. Get a job spend some hard earned money and eventually you will see what were talking about.

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next