7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2013 1:51 AM by JustBetter RSS

Deja Vu

Remember mw3, IW's last run at the COD franchise? I do and now it just seems like deja vu.

Game released with numerous bugs, as if no beta testing was done.

Slow responses to fixes (unless you count the xbox)

Hack riddled from a few weeks after release (for mw3, ghosts is already infested)

We'll keep hearing in near future about patches etc to fix problems, this will continue until about january, then all of a sudden the first DLC hits and back to square one. fix all bugs that that weren't tested before release etc we might get dedi servers, the useless unranked ones with no admin tools, but im very much certain those leaderboards will still show hundreds of hacked stats.

• Re: Deja Vu
          Momba1

Frankly to make me happy besides getting the damn bugs fixed and making the game playable -- Rentable & Ranked Dedicated Servers. However being a realist even then there simply won't be enough players left to play...

not true, with rentable dedis, the community would thrive again, would open up a whole new market for those that waited to hear if dedis were available, only reason i bought it was because we were told there would be. so im waiting to see the backlash and so far im thoroughly enjoying the low populations because its all related to IW poor HR

Momba1

Well you're an idealist optimist kudos for you here, but Dedicated servers alone probably won't solve the broken mechanics of this game even under ideal circumstances i.e. 100% fixed. CoD is supposed to be an 'Arcade FPS' and to be Arcade they'ed have to either reduce the gun damage and/or increase a player's health; Ghost is just about the equivalent of Hardcore BO2 which that part alone aggravates players. Next you'd have to eliminate all of the hackers besides fix the problems.

If the Dedicated servers are Rentable then you have to have Active Admins to manage them IF Anti-Cheat fails and then only the most avid players will come if the servers are Unranked.

Now I've seen posts suggesting some of the much older CoD's have a thriving player base, but if you carefully examine the 'true' numbers the vast majority are Bots and not actual People.

Again, IF the game, Ghosts, were a fundamental 'good' and sound game then no doubt Dedicated servers is the ideal step forward. Listen I purchased the Hardened Edition and I cannot believe how quickly I have nearly zero desire to play it -- it's too damn aggravating to play and it's that simple.

actually as time passes and people are more inclined to buy a cheaper game, if its known the game has a cheat free enviroment they might well pick it up far after its inital release, just look at mw1 and many many other proper PC games.

is anyone else getting this?

exactly the same as MW3 except this has shorter lifespan due to far more hackers and even less efffort from IW