38 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 2:41 AM by nuttin2say RSS

WOW just how cheap is the IMS

Lucent76

Seriously that thing is a game destroying monster.

• Re: WOW just how cheap is the IMS
          nicedrewishfela

Meh, not an issue. Communicate where it is, EMP it if you can. Run around the corner, set it off, and go back around the corner.

Hardly game breaking.

I just love it when some sweatband puts it on B flag.Its the best.

I don't have one single problem with it.

Sitrep

I think the attack dog is way cheaper than the I.M.S

Most definitely, but since I want that Dragon Headgear a look forward to people using guard dogs, plus i can rack up points for my strike packaged when people use attack dogs or I.M..S by destroying them, just don't like when they surprise me and ruin mine XD, best part is, where there is Guard Dog or a Nightowl, the owner is near, heheheh

vims1990

So it's wasn't annoying in MW3 but it is in Ghosts?

Use Sitrep to detect and destroy the IMS

SitRepPro

They were gimped in MW3 because you had two counters to them - Stalker and SitRep.  But, as evading explosives is no longer combined with a better gun handling benefit, people are coming up short in Ghosts.

But this Forum is about Ghosts and Lucent76 never mentioned MW3. Plus if your going to add Sit Rep and lose 2 slots just to be aware of traps and detect support items, then whatever suits you. I'm pretty sure the concern is what happens when you use a class without SitRep. Heck, sometimes I have SitRep on and the player places an I.M.S right in my face XD, but i've done the same

vims1990

SolidWater wrote:

Plus if your going to add Sit Rep and lose 2 slots just to be aware of traps and detect support items, then whatever suits you. I'm pretty sure the concern is what happens when you use a class without SitRep. Heck, sometimes I have SitRep on and the player places an I.M.S right in my face XD, but i've done the same

It's about sacrifice.

If you don't use Sitrep, you're more prone to dying to IMS, IED's etc because the perk setup selection you chose was to counter sound perks and radar or you wanted to have the rush setups consisting of Quickdraw, Agility and Marathon. (just as an example).

You can't have a class setup to counter everything that annoys you in the game because that's what will make it unbalanced if you could have all 35 perks + equipment.

avengedyesterday

It's not like its a giant square that isn't noticeable at all not to mention if you react quick enough you can evade it. Even if you don't, at least you know exactly where it is the next go around.

Anytime I get one of these it always makes me laugh when it lands multiple kills.

It is noticeable when people randomly place it, much like player randomly dropping SATCOMs because their too lazy to hide it. Sometimes I never use I.M.S if I have it available because I never find a good spot or enemy traffic just isn't in an area where they can be easily surprised by I.M.S. Like Ballistic Vest, I drop it somewhere where there is cover and it's hidden so who ever come gets one has cover from being attacked. Havae you even dodged a I.M.S projectile because last I checked dodging them is near impossible even your "quick enough" or take cover, those AI controlled projectile are literally aim botted and follow you even if you happen to get in a building behind a wall. Even if someone destroys the I.M.S the fact that they wasted ammo, time, put them selves at risk of being detected and have to waist time reloading and getting back on the objective is a good enough indirect distraction at that.

nuttin2say

The IMS doesn't last very long. I believe in the past it lasted until all four projectiles were launched or until you dropped a second one. This one lasts, what? 30 to 60 seconds, regardless of whether or not it has actually launched anything at all.

ims is pretty annoying when paired with the "martr-dog" and the terrorist bombs (IEDS).

gotsomestars

Wow people really will cry about ANYTHING. Pretty sad.

Ever played a GB Ladder match? I think any package is cheap which is why there banned in GB/MLG. It's like Support dependent players using ODIN, LOL because they can keep their kills high enough to use Strike packages.

SitRepPro

Oh diddums.  I find Assault and Support a bit underwhelming in this game as the selection thing takes too long.  I love it when IW puts in Support packages just to wind up nerds though.

gotsomestars

Tbh , one of the things I personally is hurting the Franchise in general is MLG. Specifically in bop2 , the maps that were designed for MLG were pretty bad for public matches.

Its not that I think MLG shouldn't exist, I just think they should make an MLG dlc , and keep the rest of the game public.

MLG is kinda like laser tag, the only person impressed by your accomplishments is you. It will fizzle out soon enough.

SitRepPro

Yeah and they ruined Domination by having two rounds, yet, you can keep your scorestreak progress from the first half.  #codlogic

That just shows your lack of knowledge on MLG, if you didn't know TreyArch and Infinity Ward very much appreciate MLG because It promotes their games. MLg has barely begun, you have MLG pros that have been playing for years, talking about days when Halo Circuits used to be sponsored on national television making allot pf hype, the franchise feeds off of this. Not only that MLG clans keeps players interested in the game even more when they join, thousands of thousands. FaZe, Optic, Fariko they recruit thousands of players who remain solid COD fans. There's players like Ali-A and NadeShot who actually have Microsoft selling online content with their name on it. To say MLG is just a phase? MLG is nationally reknowned it's the dawn of gaming soaring to the competitive heights of NBA, MLB, HNL and NFL although not even close but it's getting known. The more competition, the more Xbox Live live streams, the more television and radio announcements the more MLG grows. The amount of money that circulates around MLG and the way the franchise promotes just proves the respect it has. Both Halo and COD are huge on MLG. I agree GB/MLG should have a designated lobby, that's correct it will actually eradicate allot of GB/MLG game disputes. To type:

"MLG is kinda like laser tag, the only person impressed by your accomplishments is you"

LOL, tell that to the FaZe and Optic fans. Tell that to Fariko Parasite mom who couldn't believe her son came back from a competition with team that won quater million dollars when she borrowed him a grand to take the flight! Look at the official website and see the prize money:

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/xbox360/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/tourn ament/

I'm talking facts, i'm not speculating or making personal opinions, If you don't know enough then you need a reality check because COD is more than about Public Matches,

rankismet

SolidWater wrote:

Ever played a GB Ladder match? I think any package is cheap which is why there banned in GB/MLG. It's like Support dependent players using ODIN, LOL because they can keep their kills high enough to use Strike packages.

I'll be honest... when I hear something is "banned" by the eSports crowd... it makes me want to use it.

nuttin2say

That's what the MLG crowd seems to never acknowledge ... those of us that have done MLG/GB and said, "No thanks."

Why?

Because it does not reflect the game environment as designed. Hey, if I get to make the rules, I'll do better, too. "You can't use this, you can't use that. You can only do this, you can only do that." Whatever. Cheap or not, if it's available to both teams, then woe to the team that was "too good" to use it.

Solid, I appreciate that there is a movement to turn gaming into a respected sport. But MLG does not do a good job of attracting genuine critical thinkers. It's aimed at reflex gamers, not thinking gamers. Worse than that, it reinforces the "your gun is OP and my gun is leet" mentality.

gotsomestars

Exactly.  It will fizzle and die, just as the pro lasertag  circuits did in the late 90s early 2000s.

MLG is just more than COD. There's Starcraft players in South Korea who dedicate their lives to being the best players. So you may be biased about strict rules? There's street basketball and professional basketball, big difference. Not disciplined enough to be competitive? Not everyone competes.

nuttin2say

That's ... something philosophical there, I gotta hand it to you. I don't see MLG as being the pro-NBA vs "street" basketball, though. Street basketball makes up rules on the fly ... kind of like an organization making up rules on the fly that are much different than the rules of the games' designers.

In any case, as I said ... I did MLG/GB. In fact, I just went to check and see how old my membership is ...

Wed 17 Sep 2008, 11:32 PM PDT

Which, of course, allowed me to step over and see what the rules are like these days. For the sake of brevity, just scroll on down to the Penalties section. At least half of the rule violations listed there are petty things that players, in a "professional" environment should not be doing in the first place. The sad part of it is, though, that things like "staff abuse" and "double rostering" and "ticket spam," just to name a few, were rampant when I played.

And, the nail in the coffin? It is 100% designed for SnD players. I freely admit - and have for years - that SnD is my Achilles heel. MLG, in that regard, is like high school athletics: Doesn't matter that you have only an interest in baseball - you'll be playing football and basketball, too.

I hope the best for MLG. Seriously. But it has a loooong way to go before I have the enthusiasm for it that SnD players have.

@ half-megatron - lol, yeah. No, I "never" use sitrep. Shyt. I use whatever the game has available if it'll handle the situation I face.

That's just another detail that separates competitive players from public match players.

Its a killstreak and its not nearly as bad as the Riley one. The IMS is useful for protecting OBJ or keeping windows campers out of a room.

When I get a dog it never does anything but die quickly and give away my position. You literally have to camp to make it effective in which it might go wander off and get you a kill but most times I get shot in the back and my dog just sits there sniffing my butt.

Izjar11

I hate how people walk around and move, totally OP. We should all be statues and not do anything and the game will not be cheap.

mdub

Lucent76 wrote:

Seriously that thing is a game destroying monster.

The IMS .... like all other equipment. Is rendered completely useless, by a 2 point perk.

There is absolutely nothing wrong, with the IMS.

darkplaces28

I like putting an IMS above the Pawn Shop on Octane if I know the enemy players have been camping up there. I just drop it and leave It's my nice little gift for them when they want to camp again.  I usually use it to place in popular camping spots. As for it being cheap/OP, nah. I mean it's annoying once you come around a corner and hear it, but just alert your team and someone will destroy it. If no one will just sacrifice a few deaths and take it out, no big deal.

Stop running straight to where it is. Problem solved.

Adeeez100

All those cheap ass things even similar to the ims have always been a pain in the bootocks.

half-megatron

I bet you dont use sitrep.