5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 3:56 PM by SavageHam Branched to a new discussion. RSS

PS3 Diskread Error 'Imagefile 7'

My game keeps crashing.  This is the error I am getting.  Diskread Error 'imagefile 7'.  Can anyone help me?

• Re: PS3 Diskread Error 'Imagefile 7'
          SavageHam

Hello mcswiggins,

Are you playing from a physical copy of the game or a digital download? If download, did you download the game using a wired or wireless connection? Have you attempted deleting the game, including all associated game utility files, and reinstalling it? If disc, have you checked if there is any damage to the disc?

Thanks,

^AJ

I am playing from a rented hard copy.  I downloaded via my wireless network.  The disk is pristine.  I have deleted and reinstalled twice, resulting in the same error every time.  Multiplayer works fine, but trying to run the campaign is useless.  It looks like I'm not the only one that is having this issue.

SavageHam

Greetings mcswiggins,

I can tell you that other users are experiencing similar issues, you are not alone, and we will assist you as best we can. I don't quite understand what you mean. You have a rented hard copy, but you also have the digital download? Have you tried disconnecting from the internet while attempting to play. Try unplugging the ethernet cable, as well as disabling the wireless connections. If that doesn't work, can you delete the game one more time, then you can try downloading a few free game demos, movies, and music to force the game install to reach a different section of your harddrive. Let me know if that addresses your issues.

Thanks,

^AJ