1 2 3 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2013 10:26 AM by Mazer_Posts RSS

Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours

gambit1969

I have had mine since the the old arcade days back in the early 80's.

Its the name of my favorite member of the X-Men and the year i was born..

• 1. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours
          Demonhunt115

Well, I have two:

Demonhunt115 (CoD account name)- This one originated from an even earlier title called 'Demonhunt475', (I changed the numbers because I wanted to make it sound more Call of Duty'ish - which looking back- is very embarrassing now) but anyway, I got Demonhunt wayy back in 2005 - when my brother introduced me into Runescape. I was trying to think of a title to call my self, and -coincidentally- he was doing a quest called 'Demon Slayer' and I thought 'DemonSlaya' but that was taken, so I took 'Demonhunt', that was taken too, so I added 3 random numbers to it, and got 'Demonhunt475'.

AsheZ x (Gamertag)- When I played Xbox 360 when I first got it (I got it reallly late, bundled in with Black Ops infact so were talking 2010 here) - my gamertag was 'Thunderboy99810', I used my free gamertag change to turn it into Demonhunt475, then I got into the whole sniping community (again, really embarrassed about this part) so i changed it into something ''cool'' which was ''iDeaDshOtZz'. After around 2 years of being called iDeaDshOtZz, at the start of 2012, I slowly came to hate sniping, and also realizing my gamertag was utter tut, I wanted something a little more refined and so I changed it to Ashes (that was taken) so I chose AsheZ (that was taken) so finally I chose AsheZ x.

• 2. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours
            ghamorra

I spent several hours figuring out mine by trying out different combinations of letters. It was a couple years later that I learned of the biblical and comic book characters with similar names.

• 3. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours

Demonhunt115 wrote:

I got Demonhunt wayy back in 2005 - when my brother introduced me into Runescape.

Ah, another 'Scaper! Im not alone!

• 4. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours

A few years ago in some random online game (cant remember which one lol, but it was some browser game) a bunch of my friends made accounts with the name megadog. I made one too and added my favorite number (14) to it, and now im the only one who still uses it online.

• 5. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours
                  wyotim

I am from Wyoming and my name is Tim...and I guess I'm not very imaginative. When I first signed up for a Live account, I let it give me a random name. That name was Infected Salmon. No joke. So while my gamertag isn't too creative, it is at least better than that one.

• 6. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours
                    RAMBONER

Wanted Rambo.  Haaa.  Different forms of it landed on RAMBONE.  RAMBONER is as close as I could get when I went from the bops1 forums to MW3 and my 1st account wouldnt allow me to post.  Hate RAMBONER really though.

Gambit is a good one.  He was one of my favorite back in the day too.  I was wondering if that had any ties to your GT or not.  Ya never know.  Oh and btw your an old SOB.  HAAAAA......JK had to though.

• 7. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours
                      nuttin2say

My little bro gave me his XBL account way back in 2007 or 2008. I don't recall what the GT was then.

One day I was sitting here playing COD4 and just listening to these kids going back and forth with just the most idiotic rage I had ever heard in my life. And then, all of a sudden, they stopped talking and someone in the lobby asks me, "Hey, what do you think about all of it?"

And that's when I knew what my GT would be from that moment forward.

• 8. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours
                        dtuchpunk

dutchpunk

Start using it something like 12 years ago. dutch because I'm dutch and punk. Was a punkrocker.

And still rocking it. Here on the forum it has a typo but can't change it and don't want to get a new account

• 9. Re: Gamertags, How did you pick or get yours
                          nuttin2say

Dude. I'm glad I read the last part of your post. Seriously. I have really mild dyslexia but not quite severe dyscalculia (its a real thing, believe it or not) so I thought for a moment there that I have been misreading and misspelling your name all this time.

1 2 3 Previous Next