6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 5:23 PM by peeter101 RSS

Turtle Beaches & Kinect

Can I plug my Turtle Beaches X12 up like normal and use that for sound(Both Game and Chat) and talk through kinect?

And is the Kinect's chat better? Less annoying sounds? lol

• Re: Turtle Beaches & Kinect
          x1HxTakeNotez

I can answer this because I have X12 headsets and got them to work on my Xbox One perfectly. Go to the back of your TV and find a white and red port that says Audio Out. Plug your cables from you headset into those and plug the usb cable into the back of your Xbox One.(sorry if I don't know what the usb cable is called.) Now your headset will sound just like it did on the Xbox 360 and even better you can watch normal tv with them as well. Now for the kinect part i cant help you. I could not talk through my kinect while I had my headsets plugged up. I don't know if it because I have my headsets plugged into the Xbox One or what but i could not talk through the kinect. All I know is i had to use the Xbox One headset if i wanted to talk to people and used my turtle beaches when i didn't want to. maybe if you don't plug you turtle beach headsets into your Xbox One the kinect may work...i don't know. have not tinkered that much with it yet. all I know for sure is if you plug you av cables into you av out on your tv and plug you usb thing into the Xbox One, it will work.(Do not know if the usb thing being plugged in is necessary. Like I said didn't tinker that much.) hope i helped and ill tinker some later and tell you what i found out.

blockade1

x1HxTakeNotez wrote:

.... all I know for sure is if you plug you av cables into you av out on your tv and plug you usb thing into the Xbox One, it will work.(Do not know if the usb thing being plugged in is necessary. Like I said didn't tinker that much.) hope i helped and ill tinker some later and tell you what i found out.

I assume you would need the USB plugged in to power the headset.

x1HxTakeNotez

Ok. I tinkered a little and found this out. Kinect will not work with call of duty ghost. I don't know why. I have my headset plugged in and my chat on on my kinect, but no mic will show up and no one can hear you, but you can hear them. One thing to note is that if you are just wanting to talk to friends, then you can. You just need to all be in a party chat together and the kinect will work perfectly fine while you have your headsets plugged in, but once you go to game chat and try to just talk to random people, the kinect does not work. I do not know the cause of this, but I hope they fix it in an update. Hope I helped.

So to simply put it, if you want to use your X12 headsets and still talk to people on call of duty ghost using your kinect, then everyone who you want to talk to needs to be in a party chat with you. That's the only way.

rrclimber

Not sure about the x12 but I have the x41 and you can definitely use it along with the kinect for chat. I have noticed that every time you join a party that you have to turn on party chat and if you are using the kinect sensor you have to go to settings --> Kinect --> Use kinect mic for chat (or something like that). The only downside is that I can't control the audio volume of the chat separately from the audio of the game. I am working on hacking the headset that came with the one to work with my turtle beach.

NONE of my call of duty history has came over only elite founder top rank in all of old cods by the way any have problem starting new line of chat