27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 3:14 PM by NoMoreMyFriend-S RSS

Why do people not play the objective

Playing domination and all the idiots just run by the point and don't bother catching them, then you get the others who play domination like TDM

Oh and don't get me started on the noobs who sit in a corner with a assault rife camping lol

Better have ground war on PS4

• Re: Why do people not play the objective
          seppe_G60

YEah you got alot of players who play domination for the kills and not to capture flags, so they got their great k/d but they loose the game, and the other team of players end up all with negative k/d but they win, clanexp is if you win, so i dont mind, just search other lobby after such games, but lately weather you change to other server you always end up in the same situation...

ghamorra

DOM is way different in Ghosts than what people are use too. The maps and objectives are not set up a linearly as they've been in every other title. Because of this you really have to work together to orchestrate a successful game plan. This can scare people, if their team isn't working together DOM can be a long painful gamemode.

scumbaggah

Most are just playing for their KDR, They rely on others to cap the flags so they can camp their way to a few kills. It is quite pathetic, This game is full of these try hards too. The fact there is no SPM in this game doesn't help either, Most of these scrubs get sub 2000 point games and think they are beast lol.

It's like everyone else said you NEED to work as a team, and people within the COD community don't seem to understand that.  The other day I got 12 caps and about 20 defends on B flag on Whiteout and we lost by 100 points because the rest of my team wanted to sit back and snipe.  Was really irritating, I think another thing that would improve this game would be to eliminate K/D ratio's so that people worry about W/L and they should add a cap ratio on games to time played.  That would force people into wanting to capture flags I believe, especially how much everyone is O so worried about their stats nowadays.

ghamorra

I think increasing the base lobby size by two or three people will help as it will increase the tempo and give campers a lot more incentive to get out move to keep from getting flanked or overwhelmed.

Yea, but I have been saying since MW3 that people shouldn't be able to see my stats.  That influences people to either camp more, rush more, or not play the objective.  They should get rid of stats except important ones, like W/L, Caps/Time played, and Tags Collected/Kills.  I mean that is just my opinion since everyone is so focused on me me me stats nowadays.  I remember on COD 4, MW2, and W@W people used to play the objective every game no problems because everyone couldn't criticize them on their stats simply because you couldn't see them.

Chucky6661

You have hit the nail on the head here mate, the average gamer cares a lot about there KDR, remove these stats and people will be diving ( or sliding lol) onto them objectives even if there's IEDs strapped all over them. Coincidently the stats or KDR for blops2 zombies played a large part in dampening the experience for that game mode too... People raging and boosting etc. Remove KDR it will be a better game. Or at least show somebody's top 3 stats, caps or head shots or plants or KD etc. This will only show others your objective success. ( KD only shown in TDM )

ghamorra

There should be a lobby leaderboard telling you how much experience your opponent has in the selected gamemode and an in-game scorecard to inform you of how the other team is doing against your strategy. That's it. The rest of the stats should be for personal use.

Exactly I hate the whole thing of people seeing my stats, because people always gripe about my K/D and whine camper, or loser and I need to get a life.  You know it just gets annoying after a while.  The game has been out 3 weeks now and I just hit 10,000 kills, so I always hear trash talking and like I said is it is really annoying after so many times.  You know I average like 3.5hours a day of playtime, so I don't see how that qualifies for the harassment that follows along with it.  You know so I would actually enjoy stats being wiped.

Chucky6661

Because people feel there is not enough reward maybe? IDK just guessing. I will run past a flag to kill an annoying camper or if I'm one kill from a streak. My strategy is to cap it and keep it in my teams possession so no further capping required.

sennalike

Apart from the points raised above, nobody has mentioned field orders. I dont like to sit still too long but if I have picked up an order to get a prone kill (or similar), then without really thinking I find a spot, go prone and wait. When I think about it, it's silly but I keep doing it even though I know I am wasting my time and usually end up bored or getting a dog that gets shot straight away.

vims1990

People playing for their K/D and also a flawed pointstreak system for objective game modes is the reason why players are avoiding the objectives.

In Domination, if you aren't the first player on the flag, you don't get a point towards a pointstreak therefore discouraging players to capture flags.

In Kill Confirmed, collecting tags does not count towards pointstreaks which discourages players not to collect their tags after they kill the opposing team.

I care more about winning and I feel that the pointstreak system is catered towards slayers and non-objective players. It's a step back for COD, BO2 had a near perfect scorestreak system where collecting tags or capping flags meant something and encouraged movement and objective play. Ghosts however does not.

It also meant that people that were bad could steal your confirms and ruin your game for you if you were doing good.  Example I needed 1 confirm for my Swarm guy that is 0-20 grabs it and I die trying to race him to it, now I just lost my swarm because a bad player ruined it for me.

vims1990

LTSHiNySiDeZ3 wrote:

It also meant that people that were bad could steal your confirms and ruin your game for you if you were doing good.  Example I needed 1 confirm for my Swarm guy that is 0-20 grabs it and I die trying to race him to it, now I just lost my swarm because a bad player ruined it for me.

Honestly, I didn't see that as much of an issue. Sure, some teammates make it look so obvious but running in front of you to "steal" your tags but at least they were trying to win the match opposed to Ghosts where players aren't making an attempt to collect tags.

I mean this thread is about players not making an effort to try to win and play the objective. Collecting tags regardless of who collects them will still win the game but the reward for collecting tags is lacking.

Chucky6661

I Agree concerning the point streaks, however they made it a bit too easy on blops2. Too much score for collecting tags, I got a vsat dogs swarm with five kills on HC KC.

Chucky6661

I Would like to add after reading your post this was playing with teammates where I was fulfilling a designated tag collecting role, and think I died 9 times can't remember now

vims1990

Chucky6661 wrote:

I Agree concerning the point streaks, however they made it a bit too easy on blops2. Too much score for collecting tags, I got a vsat dogs swarm with five kills on HC KC.

Eh, there's a risk/reward for collecting tags opposed to not collecting them which is why I didn't have an issue with the score given for collecting tags. It may have been a bit high but at least the reward is there to collecting them unlike Ghosts where you barely get anything other than XP.

Chucky6661

I Understand there needs to be more reward for objectives, such as collecting tags, but you got too much towards your streak collecting tags, just my opinion of course but I like how streaks aren't so dominant in this game. Do you not agree they gave you too much score in blops2?  I was pullin streaks out my ass, in fact I'm pretty sure u could get UAV hunter killer and care package from one plant and one detonation, not sure if hard line is even needed

TRU11

most people rather have a good K/D instead of the win.

alot of them think K/D is an indication of how good someone is.

to each their own i guess.

As far as Im concerned, Id rather have someone sitting in a corner getting kills instead of those window-lickers that constantly try to trip-cap in Dom. All they do is give the other team killstreaks and flip the spawns...