1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 75 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 2:17 AM by WiimotesRus02 Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?
        LastShadowCOD

Same here. I went back to BO2 and I'll stay there until they fix Ghosts or I tire completely of the whole thing. BO2 has its issues, but it doesn't have hackers and it runs okay - not great - but okay.

• 21. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?
          bughunt

The ONLY time I started to feel strange things happening with the connection is when I tried MW3 on the Wii.  It felt...unstable.  I assumed that it may be something to do with my connection but everything tested at 100% yet I was still getting some BS deaths that made no sense and I would feel like I was lagging behind what others were seeing.  You could maybe say it was due to so many people cheating so early but I looked into it and there were players on other platforms getting similar issues.

From that moment on all resulting CoD games were taking a dive.  I never had a problem with any other CoD and could play at any time with any part of the world without issues.

With the Wii U the only game that I have conenction issues with is BO2.  ALL other games work perfect.  I can't speak for Ghosts because I refuse to give money on it until I see improvements.

I seriously wish that they would go back to whatever netcode they were working with back then.

Also, like you said, I wish that they would give some real explanation as to what the problem is, why they can't fix the problem or why they won't fix the problem.  It looks like a LOT of people have abandoned Ghosts and returned to BO2 because they are sick of having crappy netcode again but with the added bonus of exploits.

• 22. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?

I'm an American living very centrally located in the country in a populated city and I can say that lag is pretty bad. It's not uncommon to be killed by someone with no reasonable time to react. In the killcam you're either not shooting and standing there like a derp, or looking over the guy's shoulder and firing 30 yards into the distance.

I would say it's as bad as it was on the original Wii when I could pop around a corner in MW3 with a shotgun and one-shot someone knowing full-well my opponent would have zero time to react. You start developing strategies taking lag into consideration.

Lag even seems to effect how quickly (or more accurately, at what distance from you) dogs kill you.

• 23. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?
              like2nap03

Doesn't help that I keep bumping into things.  I know that has nothing to do with lag, but you definitely don't have time to react when you get stuck on a rock or something lol.  I need to learn these maps better.

• 24. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?
                WiimotesRus02

The_Tickler wrote:

I would say it's as bad as it was on the original Wii when I could pop around a corner in MW3 with a shotgun and one-shot someone knowing full-well my opponent would have zero time to react. You start developing strategies taking lag into consideration.

Lag even seems to effect how quickly (or more accurately, at what distance from you) dogs kill you.

So you're saying its fine that you have to play the game how its not supposed to be played? MW3 maps are not the same as ghost maps. If you have enough ammo to run and shoot in every corner then yes I see your point. Also if you have time to react then your lag is minor.

I had lag problems on the old wii too, but the WiiU is in a whole different league. How the heck do you react when you look down a street/corridor and see no one there, only to turn in a split second and get shot in the back by someone that was always there? I know this happens because I have once in a while had it happen in my favour. You tell yourself, why didn't he see me and go the other way, or why did he keep running towards me and not attempt to shoot me. I have already said, I have struggled to get to a 0.83kdr by seriously changing my game play, but there is only (very little) so much you can do..

• 25. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?
                  WiimotesRus02

bughunt wrote:

Also, like you said, I wish that they would give some real explanation as to what the problem is, why they can't fix the problem or why they won't fix the problem.

A_T_U was in the forum and posting on another thread 10 minutes after you posted this, this thread was three from the top, so I guess we got our answer..

• 26. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?

we were promised dedicated servers but Activision/IW simply lied; they claim to be using a hybrid system of both dedicated servers and listen servers (host system); it sounds like a bunch of BS to me

• 27. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?
                      BobbyMcGee

fix it? they named it ghost in reference to the enemies disappearing and re-appearing and for all the bad spawns where you spawn in and are immediately killed before taking a single step. damn bro, you look like youve just seen a ghost!

• 28. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?

No, I'm not saying this is OK. The game isn't a very enjoyable experience right now. I can handle 2 or 3 matches most of the time, but then I throw in the towel.

If things are not improved considerably I can't see myself buying another CoD on the Wii, possibly on PC, maybe, where I consider the lack of aim-assist a more competitive environment, but not on console.

I play with wiimote and there are still some major problems to the control mechanics that are solvable, but as they currently sit I'm having trouble getting over them. I'm afraid that wiimote players are such a minority of a minority that Treyarch simply doesn't care to solve it's problems. It's even possible that they wish it would just go away so that they aren't troubled by it. It's a shame because I believe that a perfected wiimote focused FPS has yet to be made, and probably won't be.

There are a lot of elements of CoD that I like. I'm a bit older than most Wii gamers so I'm more attracted to arcade-y games that aren't much of a time investment and delivers a lot of action, strategy, and competition into a short experience. CoD fits the bill most of the time but this rendition just isn't doing it for me. As an experienced wiimoter the flaws are constant and frustrating.

• 29. Re: Will Treyarch Fix This Lag Problem?
                          Padiego

Like Craszitt said, have you tried turning it off and on? Usually works for me, and I live in what as may be North Cuba.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next