1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 1:43 AM by AoTisaturn Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
        bughunt

I really don't have much of a problem, if any, with A_Trey_U and his team.  I know that his team are specifically assigned to the Wii U and are tasked with handling Wii U specific bugs and porting over fixes and main code from the primary developers.

I don't know if they have any involvement with primary developments regarding Treyarch games, but it doesn't sound like they do.

My major irritation stems from the abundance of issues that I have experienced regarding the netcode and glitches that are the result of the primary devs who cater to the other consoles.  Pretty much all of the major issues people face with Wii U versions of the game are due to coding flaws that the Wii U team can't touch.  The majority of these issues are also present on the other platforms so we are not the only ones suffering (however, we are typically the last to enjoy any fixes if we are lucky enough to get them before Activision yank the Wii U team away).  This also makes it difficult to fix other Wii U specific problems when they have to tip toe around the main code that may be causing it.

We all need to vent this frustration and, unfortunatley for A_Trey_U who acts as a liason between the community and Wii U development team, he gets the full brunt of this venting.  He most likely does not deserve 99% of the discontent that gets hurled his way.  But I totally understand how everybody is feeling after dropping $$$/£££ on a rushed title that truly isn't fit for purchase.

There have been times where I have just wanted to let rip at A_Trey_U for just how much I paid to get screwed over by BO2.  I had it pre-ordered with my Wii U and was truly looking forward to some fair, clean competitive play after having to deal with the cheating and account hopping on the Wii.  But it wouldn't be entirely fair since he is not entirely to blame, if at all.

Regarding things like the Wiimote not being up to par during release (the things his team are responsible for)...  I don't know what to say.  I really don't want to make excuses and A_Trey_U will be limited in what he can reveal.  But in all fairness the Wii U team may not be that big so they have to prioritise what they work on.  In that situation they would have had to focus on porting the core game to the console in order to try and have something ready (even though it really wasn't) for the release deadline.  The Wiimote controls wouldn't have had the full testing it needed.  The arguement being that the control mechanics for Dual Analogs were there and the wiimote worked "enough" to get by.

But none of this makes me any happier.  I am still extremely pissed with how BO2 was and how much worse Ghosts appears.  However, I won't be taking a swing at the nearest employee on the off chance that they may be responsible.

• 21. Re: Quit dissing the Devs

In the End it all comes down to money. Even though atreyu and team are cooll that not really the issue  its the fact that we should be treated equally as a community. with equal rights and stuff as the others. But  we dont.  how bout i say it in this way , they care more for microsoft and sony than they do nintendo.

• 22. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
            WiimotesRus02

bughunt wrote:

.  He most likely does not deserve 99% of the discontent that gets hurled his way.

I don't entirely agree with this. He works for people who made a game that shouldn't be on the shelf yet. The company he works for/with got millions out of these games. Its his job, I'm sure he sleeps fine..

• 23. Re: Quit dissing the Devs

exactly

• 24. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
                Padiego

I work at a grocery store. We have big bags but use the small ones to save money. Do I feel bad about it? Yes, but it's not up to me. They pay me and I'll gladly screw over the costumer.

ATreyU probably doesn't agree with the treatment we get, but there's not much he can do about it. It's his job, it puts cookies on the table. If he speaks up, he may get the boot.

• 25. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
                  bughunt

At the end of the day it's his job, it's where he makes his living.  With a well known corporation as big as Activision he would know better than to speak out against their practices.  He would lose his job in a heartbeat and, worse, may never work in his chosen profession again.

As Padiego said he may not agree with how things go down for us or with the quality of the product his name becomes associated with.  We don't even know his actual job position other than being a part of the team that is assigned to porting and Wii U specific problems and I do know that this job would carry restrictions.

But they sure did make their millions from BO2 and Ghosts and celebrated the number of sales, something I do not agree with based on the final quality of the product.  I don't know if they shared out the profits as bonuses just like wan...I mean...bankers or if A_Trey_U even got a cut of the profits.  We just don't know.

I'm not happy, I won't lie.  I'm pretty disgusted with how things have gone and still continue to go.  But I personally feel my anger is better directed at the people above A_Trey_U who are clearly the ones calling the crappy shots.

• 26. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
                    nintendon't

Alright Patrick, Paul, and Nathan.

• 27. Re: Quit dissing the Devs

not true there was a recent patch a couple days ago that we havent gotten. unless future shop is wrong lol.

• 28. Re: Quit dissing the Devs

What happened to John.

After John went all mad with power and kicked everyone out of the chat many many months ago. We've just been chillin in Chris's Mafia chat. o.0

• 29. Re: Quit dissing the Devs
                          WiimotesRus02

He works for this company, he choses to, with my morals I couldn't, and would happily do something else. That's the kind of person I am. I just couldn't sleep at night. But if he can, then he doesn't and shouldn't take it personally. Its all down to lifes choices, and he made his choice..