15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2013 9:04 PM by dunnodude RSS

Any official response to chronic crashing problems?

Slotcar

Has Activision or IW made any comments about the chronic crashing issues that so many people are having with this game (on PC)?  There have been countless posts about this, and I personally am experiencing chronic crashes on two completely different systems (each with their own Steam account and separate CODG game.)  NONE of the suggestions about changing certain graphics settings have helped.  The only thing that has helped me so far is to do a "verify integrity of game cache" through Steam when the crashes start.  This usually gives me an hour or so of crash free playing (which used to be longer before the patches), but the crashes eventually return, and it's getting frustrating to do a 15 minute "verify" process over and over again.

I've always had positive experiences with COD and IW in the past, but it's been three weeks now and the crashes persist with zero word on what the status of this issue is.  Once again, this is by no means unique to me -- there are a LOT of reports of this in the forums.

Does Activision and/or IW monitor this forum, and have they had ANY response to this issue?

Thanks.

• Re: Any official response to chronic crashing problems?
          onefourseven

What is all this game crash and error this or that? The game runs on computers that can play it, albeit a little bitchy but it runs.

Slotcar

onefourseven wrote:

What is all this game crash and error this or that? The game runs on computers that can play it, albeit a little bitchy but it runs.

It's not happening to "everybody," but there are enough reports to CLEARLY show an obvious pattern of crashing.  Some quick searches on this and the Steam forums will reveal that this is a widespread problem even on systems that are WELL above the minimum specs.  In fact, simply reading the posts that follow yours will show that others are experiencing chronic crashing in this game.  The specifics have changed a bit as the patches have come out (i.e. the error messages have changed), but the crashing has continued.

Early on, the crashes were typically accompanied by a "Direct3D" error and a graphics card "driver error" (NVidia in my case.)  Lately, however, the result of the crashing is more often a "this program has stopped responding" error.  In either case, once the crashing starts, it continues to happen every match or two, or every few minutes in the SP campaign.  If I do a "verify integrity of game cache" via Steam, it "resets the clock" and I'll get another hour or so of crash-free playing (it used to be two or three hours before the patches.)  This essentially eliminates a hardware issue since the pattern is very repeatable -- i.e. a crash every match or two that is suddenly fixed by doing a "verify game cache," then an hour or so without crashes.  This repeats over and over.  A hardware issue would not follow this pattern, and the fact that the "verify" has a repeatable effect on the crashing indicates that the problem is directly related to the game files.

To the people that said that the game "ran fine" before the patch, consider yourself lucky.  There are plenty of us trying to play the game that have had problems since before the patches.  Some are better off than others -- I myself can temporarily fix the crashing with a "verify integrity of game cache" -- but some people are having even more serious issues.

Thanks for all the responses here.

I have a 3930k with 16gb of ram, gtx680 running from a 120gb ssd.

Crashing before and after patch. Before was the direct3d and now it just crashes out and I lose sound unless I restart my computer.

Slotcar

titansfan2104 wrote:

I have a 3930k with 16gb of ram, gtx680 running from a 120gb ssd.

Crashing before and after patch. Before was the direct3d and now it just crashes out and I lose sound unless I restart my computer.

This is my experience as well -- the patches have slightly changed how the crashes manifest, but they happened before the patches, and they continue to happen now.

I have had it with this game

Play 1 map and crash ...Reload game play 1 map crash

This is ran better without the last patch

Do you even test patches before giving out this shite to the public

Sort this **** out ..NOT exceptable

I'm having same issue has OP, looking for an answer....

Just Crashed again.  I get one game, then a crash every time I switch maps.....

Got the same Problem, upadeted my drivers and so on and its still crashing after every single game (while loading the next map)...

Before the game was patch I never had any problems does anyone know how to fix it? Or do i have to wait for the next Patch wich will be out in a month or so?...

we arent going to get an answer or a fix anytime soon.. Dont you get it. They got our money already. they can care less. We arent the majority. xbox one and ps4 is their priority. So we basically have to sit back and take it in the ass with no lube. Sucks but its the truth. The sooner you come to terms with that, the better off you will be.. No use wasting time with this game any more.

Pretty much the case I've played maybe 60-80 minutes TOTAL (not counting the timer that steam ticks away while i was screwing with settings to get things to work) of gameplay in SP and MP combined all that happens is crashes or stuttering so bad that it's completely unplayable, and all Activision support can tell me is A) keep doing the same thing the last support guy told you, rinse and repeat and B) I'm screwed on any refund for an unplayable product so yeah it seems with all the people with issues IW and activision pretty much DGAF

Slotcar

Doesn't Activision have ANY response to this?  I see responses from the Activision tech support people on this forum, but even though there are a TON of posts in this forum (and the Steam forums) complaining about constant crashes in this game, there have so far been zero responses (that I've been able to find) from official channels saying that they're even looking into this.  Seriously, how can an issue with SO many reports simply be ignored like this?

Slotcar

It's been over a month since release now, and the latest patch (12/12) STILL hasn't fixed the crashes for me or two of my friends.  We can each play for an hour or so, but since we're not all "in sync" as far as crashing goes, we can usually only play for a few matches before at least ONE of us crashes.  This makes it really difficult (and incredibly frustrating) to try to play squads together since two of us are always waiting for the third to do a "verify game cache."  Just when we get going again, another one of us crashes.

I cannot express how frustrating it is that there has been absolutely ZERO response from Activision or IW on this issue, which NUMEROUS users have confirmed on both this and the Steam forums.  Instead, we get a "holiday pack" that adds new imagery but does nothing to make the game PLAYABLE for those of us crashing.  I don't know how else to describe this other than to say that this is a complete slap in the face.

It's bad enough that there isn't a fix yet, but to not even admit that there is an issue is just beyond me.  How can a mainstream company making one of the most popular games in the world just flat out ignore all the reports of crashing?  I know they read these posts (they respond -- or used to respond -- to some of them), so why the absolute dismissal of this serious issue?  What's happened to this company?

Chuba-Dawg

Friend of mine gets crashes and he found out that he couldn't play certain maps, so when we play together we just avoid thoses maps.

Here is the list of maps he cant play:

Whiteout

Stormfront

Siege

Warhawk

Sovereign

Strikezone (only when the KEMS strike happens he crashes)

We will never get an official response from IW or Atvi. They have our money and that's all these lying thieves care about. They are a bunch of money grubbing frauds. Mark my words, the game will never be fixed.

This game is the biggest waste of money since pink toilet paper.  Somebody with a brain between the four companies responsible for development should have not released a game this worthless.  I meet all the specs, blah, blah, blah, but the game won't launch at all and I can't find an answer after wasting 6 hours scouring the internet.