36 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2013 8:13 AM by king_shmack RSS

The lag is unplayable

DawgcityClev

Disconnection to servers, and like 60% of the games I load into are laggy beyond recognition. And we pay for VERY fast internet, and have not experienced this on any other multiplayer title, even on PS3. It's just about time to get rid of this game. This game just hasn't captured the interest level of other titles. No reason for that many games to have that much lag and of course everyone may not experience it but most of my friends see it as well.

• Re: The lag is unplayable

That sucks.  Just wanted to let you know I'm not experiencing any of these issues on my end.   Good luck getting that fixed.

ChestSplittah

Running wireless? Paying for a higher tier bandwidth package will do nothing for you. It basically boils down to where you live.

Honestly not being rude but have you checked your internet connection thoroughly because I don't experience any of these issues either.

DawgcityClev

As I stated everyone may not experience it. Read first then respond. I live in Florida. Haven't experienced this on ANY title other than this particular Call of Duty. We play PC games, PS3, and now PS4 and only this Call of Duty lags so much it's ridiculous. When I first played on release night it wasn't bad at all now it's unplayable. So it's not our connection. We run any and everything in our home no issue.

ANWRambo

It is the PS4 having issues right now.

The online service sucks and has major lag issues and trouble finding games.

My PS4 friends are all playing the PS3 right now.

They claim the PS4 sucks online right now.

Ghosts has it issues of course but PS4 is mostly to blame right now with it's launch issues.

First off I said not being rude it was just a question and its funny that people who are so good with technology expect perfection from these games and systems within the first couple of weeks of their releases. How many firmware updates has the ps3 received? I mean I have every title worth anything naming on the ps4 at the moment and every single one of them has an issue BF4 is almost unplayable, KSF has ok connection but the devs do some crazy things, its going to take time. Anyone who bought one of the next gen consoles that expected it to be flawless within the first month or 2 after their respective launches needs help and probably doesn't know as much about technology as they claim. Now this is about the time that people get defensive and say they don't care what anyone else thinks and that they paid good money for something so they expect it to work immediately. Well first if it comes on you got what you paid for basically (read the terms and conditions) and second if you don't care what people think why post it on a forum?

ElBayi809

Everything works fine for me, i have DSL conection @ 1mb

jpdixie

We live in the sticks and just recently changed internet providers. We went from a 400k upload to a 4mb upload and that changed everything for us. We were lucky to finally get a fiber optic connection.. Of course if you say your internet is good then you should know but with our junk dsl connection we were really struggling. We haven't had the first issue since changing providers.

i also have this problem and everywhere i look to solve the problem i begin to see a pattern. it doesnt matter if you have the fastest connection speed in the universe i believe that its the cod servers they have out. if you're in FL you're sincerly ****** with lag up the ass in this game. i have yet to find anybody who hasnt payed millions they got out of their asses not have lagg in FL, if you plan on playing cod ghosts in florida and you're expecting normal speed like in Bo2 or any other game you're out of you're damned mind cause its not going to happen. i suggest sticking to squads or extinction to experience the least amount of lagg in this game. ghosts needs to get their heads out their asses and start making updates that matter instead of nerfing the guns. for now i recommend playing anything but this god awful game (if youre in FL)

domgalmem

It is not just in Fl... have this issue in Tn.

ctfw529

none of these problems for me in Florida. I live in St. Pete, i've got brighthouse's "lightning" with 60 down, 5 up. i haven't had any of these game-breaking problems you guys speak of, especially not disconnects, not much lag. the only thing i've done is put my ps4 into the DMZ, i haven't even opened up the ports yet.

so, yeah, while you might have issues, not everyone else does in Florida.

DMZ Does nothing! That was a very useless tip! Do some reading on what DMZ is even for. and it's quite obvious you don't know how to recognize lag! i get lag and use BHN lightning 90/10 but actually get 103/11 being in safety harbor fl with a true static IP. Which means I pay for a static IP that never filters threw 254 different IP's. I get lag. And I'm damn confident I'm set up way better than yourself. I bet you game off that **** ubee or motorola modem they supply. Learn how to see lag. Best way to see it is on stone haven. Stone haven has these most lag of all maps! Look forward and strafe sideways and watch how the frames skip. Also kills the game when others have garbage upload speeds. You can see their player frame skipping all over the map. and the fact that you don't always get connected to dedicated servers doesn't help. they also have listening servers which are ******* garbage! Had they used some of those millions of dollars they could make all dedicated servers. Online gaming is doing nothing but going backwards. I remeber my first online multiplayer game! Socom 2.. this was on PS2 when DSL was the new way to connect. There was never lag in that game!. NEVER! Cheaters and hackers yes but zero lag. That was nearly ten years ago. Technology is suppose to advanced with time. Wow, we got great graphics.. But still the lag in online multiplayer console video games is BS. I was all for paying a for online service with PSplus thinking we will get better online services and I was wrong. At this point, I'm ready to just transition to PC gaming.. They get real bandwidth into the computer, Better graphics and 80% less lag over these consoles that make millions from us gamers giving us **** servers and trying to call it caviar.

ctfw529

don't be that guy. don't be the arrogant **** of the thread.

i know full well what lag is, and sorry, i don't have it, much anyway. no, i'm not using the ubee as my router, only as a pass-through to a netgear MBR1515, with the ps4 in DMZ and, now, all of the ports to PSN, Demonware, & Activision/IW wide open. as i said above, i've got BH's lightning w/ 60 & 5, i get, on average, 18 down, 4.5-5.5 up.

also, if you think that putting a PS into DMZ on a router does nothing, then you don't know what you're talking about. it's been a trick with the playstation since the ps3s launch. it basically removes the firewall in your network between the playstation and the internet, removing the bottleneck. and allowing me to have my NAT open at all times, regardless of what IW/activision do on their end.

you can be as confident as much as you want, but you obviously don't know my set-up, so don't think you know everything. the only lag i see is in a killcam and even then it's not as bad as other CODs, i've never once seen a player "skip", yet, nor have i seen any frame drops either. with my router, settings, and filter, my online gaming is almost perfect, i even dropped down an internet tier simply cause i didn't need to pay that much and it still works almost flawlessly.

maybe you should spend more time having adult discussions on the internet, instead of insulting and trying to argue, then you might learn something, cause it sounds like you're the one with the screwed up network if you're having those problems. or, do us all a favor, sell your ps4 and move onto pc, you'll have "0" problems there...whatever.

rlbl

If you were having issues (with lag, or NAT types) and you put the console in the DMZ and it fixed/improved it, excellent.

However, that will not fix everyone's issues (not saying you said that).. just saying.

For instance: No matter what I do or have ever done, I sometimes have games where I am so far behind the action I cannot do anything safe from getting killed split seconds before I even see the people on my screen.  my NAT type is, and always has been, open. Just to be on the safe side (and to prove it to myself), I put the console in the DMZ. As expected, No change.

So it is not that putting the console in the router's DMZ does nothing, it is also that it does not solve everything.  Such is life in online gaming sometimes...

side note: The only thing I have not done is by pass the router altogether, but I cannot be bothered as that would restrict my network and can potentially cause me other issues (like DHCP leasing on expired MACs) and that is totally not worth it, just to play a game.

ctfw529

don't get me wrong, i know it doesn't fix everything for me, nor everyone else. my response was to someone replying to me, telling me i didn't know what i was talking about, when all i did was correct someone when they said "everyone in Florida has problems". well, i'm not one of that "everyone".

DMZ just removes my networks firewall from in front of my ps3/ps4. it doesn't result in huge down/up number changes, but it has helped. i make notes of all my numbers before and after changing things so i have a track record of what works well and what doesn't. (ping, up, & down) numbers. its not the easiest thing to do on playstations, since it only gives us up/down numbers, but using pingtest/speedtest on the browser.

the most changes i've seen, number-wise, and play-wise have been when i've opened up all the ports directly to the PSN, Demonware, & activision/IW. for my router, i have 13 ports open for all 3 companies. i even went as far as buying portforward.com's portforwarding software, just to make sure it was done correctly. best $30 i've ever spent in online gaming.

like you alluded to, and i said earlier, my experiences are different from others, but what i've written about helped me out immensely, it has on each COD game since i started doing it with COD4.

Jaggajatt187

"Best way to see it is on stone haven. Stone haven has these most lag of all maps! Look forward and strafe sideways and watch how the frames skip."

Those frame rate drops have absolutely nothing to do with lag, they are developer side issues. Stone haven is one of the worst maps for frame-rate drops, that's where everyone notices it most.  You lost all credibility with that.

domgalmem

you are not alone my friend. I have come out and said this before, but of course all the know-it -alls out there seem to think that just because they don't have any issues, that there isn't one. I too have pretty good bandwidth and 50 down and 15 u, but it is through comcast. I have checked the ping to just about everywhere and checked my packets lost to see if I am dropping them like crazy somewhere, and I have yet to find a cause for this. I can safely say that it isn't lag that we are experiencing (at least not in the traditional sense we define "lag".I think that it is a syn issue which is accentuated with large groups and when there a few people on late at night (it is much worst then for me).

we already know that it won't be fixed, so don't bother asking on here you will only get fanboy responses about your experiences being all in your head- I assure you that it is not sir. Good luck!

Raketti

I've had very little issues with the connection on the PS4 version of this game. I've never been disconnected from the server, and have not witnessed a single host migration or a lost connection to the host (which probably is explained by the dedis that i probably get most of the time, at least every time that i've monitored my connection while playing). I haven't teleported or rubberbanded around the map a single time, and most of the time my deaths seem fair and the majority of the people i play against die with the amount of shots they should instead of sponging them.

I live in Finland which really isn't the CoD-capital of the world, and so far only played FFA which has a very low player population on the PS4-version. I actually have a lot more inconsistencies in the connection on the more popular PS3-version even while playing TDM that has the most players to be matched with. I have a pretty decent connection with good line quality (paying for "fast internet" or in other words paying for a lot of bandwidth is somewhat irrelevant for this game as it needs very little of it).

I'm not saying you or other people are not having connection problems that are legitimately caused by the game and not by your connection / location, but personally i'm pretty happy with the connection this game gives me on average, especially compared to the previous 3 lag fests that were "out of sync" pretty much all the time for me, and considering the low amount of players and my location. I noticed this isn't a recent post but someone picked the thread up, but if you are still having issues with the game you should contact your ISP to make sure your line quality is good, just to be sure.

jmphillips1978

I would have to agree that this title has extremely more issues on ps4 than ps3. and in my case {55mb down and 12mb up with average 5ms ping) it is to the point that I HATE to play this game. I got Ghosts for ps3 version release day and then the ps4 on release day also and at that time had about 3 days playing time on the ps3. First day or so things seemed a lot alike between the 2 different systems but then the bottom dropped out. I don't have the disconnections but the game is unplayable. Shoot a half a clip at an enemy with their back turned with no hit markers only to have them spin around and kill me with one shot. When you watch their kill cam I have not fired a shot. Heck when they shoot me its like we're playing Hardcore, no red screen to indicate your getting hit or anything. Just normal health walking around and BAM! Your DEAD! I also am of the opinion that the higher the internet speed the worse off you are. I played around with my routers QOS features to slow my connection and what do you know, it Magically fixed a lot of my issues. To the point where I am almost the one pulling off the amazing one shot kills and getting hit markers on the enemy after they reach cover or go into a building. Same crap that happens to me over and over again on this platform since day one. And let me also state that I AM NOT EXPECTING EVERYTHING TO BE 100% A MONTH OR SO AFTER LAUNCH OF NEW SYSTEM but when I post an issue I would like for the devs or whoever to stand up and say they know they have a problem and are working on it, not make me feel like I'm full of sh!t!!! I also live in florida and play multiple online titles on ps3,ps4,xbox 360 and pc and have never had this many issues that lasted this long with no feedback of this obvious problem.

huntingnoluck

I haven't had a single host migration or disconnect, but I have definitely had lag as seen in the killcams. The last time I played the first hour was great for me and then the lobby I was in emptied and then 3 straight hours of not being able to buy a kill. I am not sure if it is my connection or something else. That was 2 nights ago, I haven't played it since.

rlbl

For me I think it boils down to numbers.

On the PS3 I would log on and see 200k+ people online:

- get into games fast

- less apparent lag

but

- the graphics are not as sharp so I have issues seeing people (added to the fact of my own vision issues)

On the PS4 I log on and see a max of 30K+ people (sometimes as low as 3K!)

- slower to get into games (but does not take forever)

With the numbers so low, it is obvious that the lag will be worse because who knows who I am connecting to.  I do not get disconnected from servers, but I find the play more frustrating, so I end up playing a couple of games and then backing out to Squads, or Extinction.

Ps4.. I log on, get into a game right away, haven't seen any lag, never been disconnected or see host migration. I have fiber going directly from the router into the ps4. Only thing that I have problems with is the shitty spawns. Get spawn killed all the time.

lag is disgusting! play battlefield 4! You'll love it.

lol game is also laggy and juttery for me as well, yes the internet connection here is Good, to those who have no issues with it are either 1.  lucky, and 2. Liars that are here to shill for IW/Activation for that is there JOB and to do a good one at that  by making others feel like they are crazy and that its there internet connection speed  < lol jargon ... there are still  NO DEDICATED servers, NOR a specific time frame for when they will " ROLL OUT OVER TIME" this is just a prime example of us getting F**Kd over again for buying into marketing hype. Simple as that

COD WILL LAG ON PURPOSE . check the vid. makes A LOT  of Valid points...

CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS WILL LAG ON PURPOSE - COD GHOSTS LAG COMPENSATION INFO - YouTube

gotsomestars

ust because some dude says something on YouTube doesn't make it true. I can admit I didn't watch the video, tinfoil hat theory's don't interest  me much.

lol exactally. you dident watch. your feeble mind could not have processed such information. AND if you are a call of duty fan like the rest of us , ( WITCH I'M SURE U ARE SINCE YOU SPEND TIME POSTING lol) then you can EASILY admit he has a VERY valid point... ahhh but once again you would have to watch the video instead of talking out of your neck sir. Thats one thing i dont get with people.. they always want to speak their " Mind" < lack of in this sense, on issues they dont take time into looking at.... but then your prolly just a troll/shill * slash* a kid whose parents don't love them ...LOL!

lol exactally. you dident watch. your feeble mind could not have processed such information. AND if you are a call of duty fan like the rest of us , ( WITCH I'M SURE U ARE SINCE YOU SPEND TIME POSTING lol) then you can EASILY admit he has a VERY valid point... ahhh but once again you would have to watch the video instead of talking out of your neck sir. Thats one thing i dont get with people.. they always want to speak their " Mind" < lack of in this sense, on issues they dont take time into looking at.... but then your prolly just a troll/shill * slash* a kid whose parents don't love them ...LOL!