8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2013 2:28 AM by Bhaya RSS

Player Count , and there's nothing wrong ???

I've just gone into MP and had a quick look at the player count , and I think that IW and Activision need to sit up and take notice.

The player count was 6500 players at 23:00 London time which is 18:00 Eastern Time in the US.

The game is "3 WEEKS" old today and only 3.35% of the total sales for PC are playing online.

When are they going to realise that MOST PC players are slightly older than their console counterparts and their normally the one's buying a second or third copy of the game for relatives or family members, so you are screwing yourselves over for any future sales be it DLC or future titles by treating PC players in this way, as they're the ones with the purse strings that buy's the same title on multiple platforms.

I think that Activision and IW are VERY , VERY LUCKY that they're not getting sued by someone like NVIDIA for blaming them that the PC version doesn't work on their machine, when 100% of the people that have asked in these forums why they are having to run the game with everything turned off GFX wise and the game still lags and stutters like crazy when their spec's are more than adequate to run this game.

Now, for and issue that has been bothering me for a while now, and not just for this title, but many PC titles over the past year or more.WHY are you giving people that use controllers "Aim Assist", when some if not the majority of controllers allow to have rapid fire at the touch of a button, I've seen many time someone running around with a marksman rifle and it firing full auto because of this ? As well as other enhancements that these controllers give.

Now here is a great idea for all these big companies :- Activision , IW , Microsoft , Sony and all the other major software houses.Why don't you add mouse and keyboard support for the console games ?

I can see NO VALID reason why this couldn't happen and in the process you would get a lot more sales with hardware and software, all those extra consoles being bought and the more expensive software titles, seeing as in the UK the console prices for games seem to be higher than the same title on PC.

If someone can give me a valid reason why a mouse and keyboard can't be used instead of a controller I would like to hear it.

Andy

• Re: Player Count , and there's nothing wrong ???

vast numbers of hackers, no1 wants to play it because its a joke

Mess1ahBrowny

Maybe no one wants to play on pc?

xbox 360 has over 80k online

xbox one has about 23k online

double xp for the nexst gen wonder how many will jump on

PC has always have low numbers compared with PS and Xbox. On the other games I've seen screenshots op 100k+ online people in Xbox and PS while we had about 10k or less.

Pc gamers are almost extinct... true fact!

try telling that to Valve, PC gaming not dead, poor PC ports on PC are dead

Porky-Pig wrote:

PC has always have low numbers compared with PS and Xbox. On the other games I've seen screenshots op 100k+ online people in Xbox and PS while we had about 10k or less.

No offense, but do you even realize how dumb that sounds.

You think that because the worst CoD titles have nobody on PC playing, that means PC gamers are almost extinct?

The 517,000+ people playing Dota 2 every day show you are wrong.

The 76,000+ people playing Counter Strike Global Offensive every day show you are wrong.

The 71,000+ people still playing TF2 every day show you are wrong.

The 60,000+ people still playing CoD4 every day show you are wrong.

The 62,000+ people playing Skyrim every day show you are wrong.

Even the meager 36,000+ playing the original Counter Strike every day show you are wrong.

So CoD (among the least played PC games) has a mere 10,000 players because the game isn't supported on PC... and you think that means PC gamers are extinct?   - Hell even games like Football Manager break 50,000+ players every day!!

Do you even realize how many people Ghosts would have playing today if it had launched with the same level of support CoD4 had?   (Hint: Easily more than 100,000)

PC gamers are far from extinct... We just expect quality games and most of us won't waste our money on trash like the latest CoD games. Especially when we can just fire up CoD2, CoD4, WaW, or BO1 to get a far better CoD gameplay. 

• Re: Re: Player Count , and there's nothing wrong ???
                        matuzz

Porky-Pig wrote:

BF4 PLAYERS ONLINE

• PC 101,927
                        • PS3 79,540
                        • XBOX 360 76,780
                        • XBOX ONE 32,542
                        • PS4 40,138

Now this might sound crazy but MAYBE.. just maybe its not PC gaming dying.. but the Call of Duty games are rubbish at PC...

I think the reason no-one wants to play on PC is because we've been given such a poor excuse for a port, added to which there doesn't seem to be ANY anti-cheat system and even if there is , it's not working and last but not least the lag comp is so bad that the only players that it benefits are people out in the sticks with a VERY poor connection and the cheaters that are using it to their advantage and slowing everything down.

There were 200,000 copies of Ghosts bought for the PC so far and yet there is only 6500 playing at a time in the evening where there were both European and American players on at the same time ! Added to which the game is only 3 weeks old , this doesn't shout , "No-one wants to play on the PC anymore" or "PC gamers are extinct" , this ONLY shouts "The game is broken, and I'm not going to play it until it's fixed". This also leads to the thing that I said in my original post about PC gamers being older, and buying the console copies for younger relatives, this also leads also to DLC , if you think that the DLC won't be affected across ALL platforms because of one platform being left out in the cold I think you're very much mistaken.

Also I've been reading the other platform forums and there is also problems on those relating to graphics , spawning , lag and most importantly LAG COMP, something in my opinion that should be removed all together as it doesn't work and at the same time add proper dedicated servers as promised.

It won't be long before some brave lawyer decides to sue ( under a group action ) a developer for promising something that never came about.A car maker couldn't get away with saying that had sports suspension and a cd player, and all you got was standard suspension and a simple radio, they wouldn't be allowed to do that, so why can developers ? If people in the UK can be put in prison for enciting a riot on Twitter or by text message, why can't game game developers be charged for false advertising ?

There are also many outlets that won't give you a refund for a PC game at all, unless the game doesn't load because they say that PC games can easily be copied and here in the UK there seems to be only 1 outlet that you can buy current PC games from ( on the high street that is ) , even the supermarkets don't carry them in store, only on-line.

So, all in all , please get this game sorted for ALL platforms equally not just the ones you think are going to make you the fastest buck.

Andy

I don't even want to touch Ghosts when BF4 is offering right now a 1 week double xp and the following weekend, another, this time Premium double xp event. Ghosts MP is a drag.