4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 4:41 PM by YuriUA RSS

Game crashing constantly after the recent update

YuriUA

I noticed the game started crashing heavily after the last update. Sometimes it crashes in the middle of the game, sometimes it crashes when the map ends instead of loading the lobby, sometimes it crashes when the map has loaded.

Why am I posting a "yet another" topic? Reason is simple:

I had no crashes prior to the last update and nothing changed in my PC since the last update. Yet the game started crashing all over the place. I do not know the reason behind crash, but it crashed 4 times today.

I was able to save last crash report (please note: its in Russian):

Сигнатура проблемы:

Имя события проблемы: APPCRASH

Имя приложения: iw6mp64_ship.exe

Версия приложения: 1.0.0.1

Отметка времени приложения: 5292b13a

Имя модуля с ошибкой: nvwgf2umx.dll

Версия модуля с ошибкой: 9.18.13.3165

Отметка времени модуля с ошибкой: 52676b0b

Код исключения: c0000005

Смещение исключения: 000000000033e500

Версия ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Код языка: 1058

Дополнительные сведения 1: 9912

Дополнительные сведения 2: 99126abcb58e351ce6d82e9917b55d63

Дополнительные сведения 3: c19c

Дополнительные сведения 4: c19c068f4911ce830ee2f0bb64c27223

My PC:
      Core i5 3570K, no overclocking done

16gb RAM, plenty free ram

Nvidia GTX 780 by ASUS (DirectCU version, perfect cooling)

750W XFX Platinum PSU, lots of extra power, very efficient

Windows 7 x64 SP1 with recent updates (not all, but most of them)

Nvidia driver version: 331.65 (outdated by now). Just reinstalled the driver, game still crashes.

No new software was installed, no new drivers were installed, nothing changed to make the game crash all over. Only the update has been applied, which is now causing the game to crash. Thus the only logical conclusion here is: your update made my game unplayable.

• Re: Game crashing constantly after the recent update
          SavageHam

Hey YuriUA,

I understand that you are having issues with the game crashing on you, are you playing with one or two graphics cards? When you downloaded the update, was it on a wired or wireless connection? Have you tried uninstalling the game, including all associated files, and reinstall the game? Have you also verified the game files before you launched the game?

Thanks,

^AJ

YuriUA

Hello,

I'm using a single graphics card.

I am always using a wired internet connection (PC). I did not try uninstalling and completely removing files to re-download again as it would take an entire day to finish. I tried verifying and all files verified successfully. I'll repeat that process again today and if the game still crashes often, I'll just leave it downloading overnight.

Thanks for replying. I'll update this topic if I get any new info (if I don't write any updates, that would mean the game is still crashing, or I gave up and stopped playing).

SavageHam

Hey there YuriUA,

Thanks for providing that information. I know it can get frustrating, you can also try adjusting the in game graphics options. In game in the Options Menu, go to the video tab, and in advanced video, try turning off PhysX Turbulence and Dynamic Fur. This has helped other user with similar issues. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
                  ^AJ

YuriUA

Made those changes before reading the post and bingo - this worked for me, game has stopped crashing. Played no less than 3 hours and it worked flawlessly, no crashes.

Funny thing: I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 780, one of the most powerful video cards out there, didn't expect it to crash on PhysX effects (they worked fine in other games).

I also noticed that after updating Nvidia Shadowplay to version 1.7.1 launching the game with enabled steam overlay and taking a screenshot results in a freeze - game freezes and screenshot is never taken. Restarting the game without Shadow play allows me to take screenshots just fine.