22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 1:05 PM by darkfox2071 RSS

The Knife

GHOSTED

I don't see anything wrong with the knifing in the game although a lot of people seem to complain about it. So it actually works this time around as to being broken in the past COD titles. Let it go and take a deep breath, cause u just got **** on.

• Re: The Knife
          BlackMetroid95

No!! Not true at all.

The knife is ridiculous in this game! I've been killed with it when..

-I was behind someone

-Around a Corner

-Through a wall (Stab animation and all, I wasn't clipping)

-Shooting at the knifer in question

Now I understand it might be lag issues, but this has happened very often. This Knife needs to be fixed, it is NOT okay right now.

5 foot 180 lock on commando knife FTW....not :/

*cough cough* Free kill button

the1andonlyIKY

I Disagree. Yes, it has issues with connection, but not once have i been knifed where the guy did not end up facing me, because of the fact that it turns a player to where the victim is. And it takes enough time for a teammate of the victim to be able to react and kill the guy, not just a swipe and move on to the next one

The knife lunge animation kills before it even has to touch the play. As it's going for the lunge the player is already dead.

BlackMetroid95

Ah, yes its possible it didn't happen to you, but it happens to me all the time. Commando Pro still exists in this game. I've been knifed 7 times in a match before even if I shot first or ran past the knife player.

like2nap03

I was looking for your panic knifing thread, but since you replied here, then I will do the same.  Knifing is...weird.  I can run up on someone that is stationary, and just miss.  I hope they don't see me, and then I knife them again.  But sometimes it gets me killed.  If someone is running at me, then I just knife them and it's pretty much a guaranteed kill for me.  Occasionally it appears as though I'm lagging,  my knife didn't register, and I die after I attempted to knife.  This was the lag I was talking about in the other topic.  Now, when I'm successful, I doesn't look weird.  It doesn't look like I lunged.  It doesn't look like the knifing animation suddenly turned me automatically.  Sometimes the knifing animation doesn't exactly show me sticking the knife into the character model perfectly, but I have yet to see it kick in at unreasonable distances, or turn me in some way. 

Now, when I die, sometimes the person that killed me with a knife does so instantly on my screen.  The game doesn't register my knifing animation, and I die.  On the killcam, it doesn't even show that I tried.  I relate this to the same lag as seen in a gunfight.  On my screen, I die instantly.  My bullets don't register just the same as my knife doesn't register, and I die.  On the killcam it doesn't even show that I made an effort in a knife fight, or it shows me connect less shots than I actually did in a gunfight.  In the "I died by knife" scenario, it does show some weird stuff in the kill cam similar to what you described in the other thread.  The opposing player may not be facing in the right direction, but the knifing animation appears to turn for them and stab me.  Maybe that is the knife lunge you were describing.  The problem is that never happens on my screen if I knife someone.  So I don't know if the knife lunge is a DA thing only since I don't see it when I knife, or if it is a weird killcam thing where it appears as though the  opposing player got some sort of automatic character spin when they knifed me.  More testing is needed to confirm, but I do finally see why you thought it is an issue and you may be right.

The knife shouldn't work as a way for bad players to get free kills they don't deserve.

Call of Duty: Ghosts | Bullshit Montage - YouTube

There is a perfect example of what is wrong with knifing.

BobbyMcGee

if you cant see knifing is broken you haven't been playing the game enough. 180's, impossible lunges through gunfire, around corners, etc.

like2nap03

BobbyMcGee wrote:

if you cant see knifing is broken you haven't been playing the game enough. 180's, impossible lunges through gunfire, around corners, etc.

Maybe I didn't play enough when Fissure posted the other thread.  I'm starting to see some weird kill cams (as stated above) but I'm not sure what is causing that just yet as it doesn't appear that way on my screen when I do successfully knife someone who is running at/beside me. 

I get the knife lung a lot as I've started to built on a reflex to knifing even when I play on tactical which means I have to take my finger off the aiming analog stick. It turns my screen and 5 foot knife lunges people. It's pretty sad that IW put this in.

I also see it in wii mote killcams quite often as well.

like2nap03

Spacious_Fissure wrote:

I get the knife lung a lot as I've started to built on a reflex to knifing even when I play on tactical which means I have to take my finger off the aiming analog stick. It turns my screen and 5 foot knife lunges people. It's pretty sad that IW put this in.

Maybe I'm not getting the "turning lunge" because I just happen to be lined up already when I knife.  I don't know.  Every time I try to do it at a distance, and attempt to get a lunge, I just miss and die.  If a target is stationary I have to be as close to them as possible to get the kill.  If they are running at me, it's more forgiving, but that's because they run into it, but I have yet to have my knifing animation turn me in some way.  Again though, it could just be that I haven't been lined up in such a way to cause it to occur and I have never tried to make it happen in game or during any kind of testing.  I also haven't played this game nearly as much as some people so it would make sense that I haven't duplicated the action.  I have seen it happens in killcams though.

like2nap03

Spacious_Fissure wrote:

Ok.  I'm finally seeing more of this wacky 180 spin, no look, backflip, perfect stab to the check craziness.  Not for me, but I'm seeing it killcams more.  You run by someone and it's like the knife just locks on.  I still haven't duplicated any of these ridiculous lunges, but I did finally feel like I was tugged in the direction of a player.  I was already turning, but it definitely felt like I had some help.

BobbyMcGee

i cant replicate it either. i have decent connection, i believe that is why. i think its the players who have poor connection and somehow the game is compensating with over the top lunges since its having difficulty determining their exact location. i say this because its usually a teleporting player who pulls these off on me.

It has nothing to do with connection. I've done it against bots while warming up. ffs, whats up with people blaming lag for everything. ._.

like2nap03

Spacious_Fissure wrote:

It has nothing to do with connection. I've done it against bots while warming up. ffs, whats up with people blaming lag for everything. ._.

Cause lag does all kinds of weird crap.  Can you blame them?  Especially when someone can't duplicate the action.  What else are they going to think? 

I think it has something to do with the animation.  The animation is triggered when the knife button is pressed under certain circumstances.  Which would also explain why people think lag is involved.  If the circumstances for the animation don't appear to be met on my screen, then I suddenly get knifed, and the killcam shows something crazy, what else am I going to think? 

Also, I should add that when I said it felt like I got some help, I meant I was turning anyway, and the knife button stopped the turn to do the animation. 

I dont know, I've knifed a few people in this game and my character can lunge and knife the air next to the enemy and I still get the kill.  Blood comes out of thin air and all.

RAGEmajichands

dont know how to copy  url link on wiiu pad but if you go to youtube and checkout his ' crazy spawn stab ' , you will see two of ghosts classics. someone spawn and kill between him and a guy hes shooting at (get spawn death). but the best is someone spawn with someone standing a foot infront of him, so he stabs him. look closely and see he gets the 50 pnts fot the kill before he even knifes him. if anyone could be a lamb and post the link for all to see, that would be great.

darkfox2071

Knifing is ridiculous in this game you can be behind the enemy and they don't even need to look at you and they do a complete 360 knife lunge. I find myself knifing if I get into two guys at the same time and been able to knife them both while they are shooting at me with ease. I'm pretty sure it won't ever get fixed as IW believes they are perfect with balancing cough guy going 15-37 with the ability to get triple health and wall hacks cough and of course the 1 hit snipers to the toe that make the dsr look like a marshmallow gun