16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 5:28 AM by Symbiosis2099 RSS

Avoiding dogs and other complain-y stuff

There's no defense against dogs when you round a corner, can't knife em, you die as they start their jump animation, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 6 rounds from an LMG to put down a dog.

And another angry quick scope post, there's no way anyone running around full sprint is going to pull up a sniper rifle, aim and shoot you and two of your friends in the same amount of time as an SMG or AR takes to ADS. For a one shot kill there should be more delay or something. Also, it seems the hit box when using a SR is huge, you can be lagging someone as they run forward and still get a kill. This has been a plague (I think) of CoD for years, and I don't understand why it can't be/isn't more balanced.

Just watched 2 guys in KC running around like a mad men, picking people off like it was nothing in rapid succession, went 33/2 & 38/6, both with sniper rifles. We still won because none of the other team wasn't picking up tags, but still. 

Again, just being a whiner.

• Test #1
          Re: Avoiding dogs and other complain-y stuff

Could it be easily done that SRs could be faster to ADS while in prone and slower when standing?

Last Edited: Dec 2, 2013 6:44 PM
          • Test #1

Try it sometime, and you will get an appreciation for the fact that it isn't as easy as they make it look. Or perhaps you are providing too easy a target for them?

The dogs need some work, no doubt about it. I actually had some interesting scenarios with the dogs today... Had one on Siege that couldn't seem to bite me. I kept dropping and shooting and he kept lunging and missing me. But the Animation and sounds need to be worked on. They are really quite silly. Stopped using mine after I called it in, went prone to reload, and couldn't shoot an an enemy because the dog walked up and stood in front of me. They need some work, for sure.

Last Edited: Dec 2, 2013 6:51 PM
            • Test #1

The dog is fine it dies very quickly. Also there is a thing called drag scoping meaning they go into their scope and shoot as soon as the aim stops on target. Quickscoping isn't a problem the snipers are too easy in general.

Last Edited: Dec 2, 2013 6:59 PM
              • Test #1

I actually managed to knife a dog earlier and knock it over... unfortunately, the knife animation makes recovery time take so long that the dog got back up and killed me before I could do a thing since they outsurvive humans by taking 2 knives.

Last Edited: Dec 2, 2013 9:00 PM
                • Test #1

the quick scoping is a bit ridiculouse.. thou it takes a bit of practice, its is generally pretty easy  to do, especially in this game.. i thought it was easy in bo2, butno, they did something where every kid and their mom can do it ( thought they were getting rid of it) lol anyway

the dog is a kill streak guys, its needs more health, if we want to talk realistic, then we should all die in one shot, we fall from a  building we should break our legs.... if the dog was a 1 or 2 or even 3 shot kill, it would be useless. the KS are already a joke int his game.

i do agree however that there is no awareness for them.. cant tell you how many times i kill someone and get mawed by a dog.. there should be a chain jingle or pitter patter when they are around.. i know they growel, but sometimes they dont

Last Edited: Dec 3, 2013 9:39 AM
                  • Test #1

LMG drops them little doggies; shoot from the hip, dont aim and they'll drop before even getting close

Last Edited: Dec 4, 2013 1:19 PM
                    • Test #1

I was playing a game last night against 6 quick scopers, the stupid thing is that half the time I died from them, they had me on hip shots or as I had seen they pull the scope up and are not even aimed at you but yet "BANG" Im dead. don't get me wrong I do like pulling out the SR now and again just to see what im like, but its a joke when you get hit markers on the victims bloody head three times for them to turn around and kill you with a pathetic leg shot.

Last Edited: Dec 5, 2013 4:05 AM
                      • Test #1

Run support and use ballistic vests. It takes more than one bite from the dog, can save you from all explosives if not previously injured, and increases your health to where a sniper needs 2 shots to kill you. Unless it's a headshot of course. Hope this helps.

Last Edited: Dec 5, 2013 4:23 AM
                        • Test #1

Indeed ballistic vests help out muchly.  You can take 3 hits from a dog if you're wearing one.  Also, armor piercing rounds make short work of dogs, you won't one shot them with your sniper rifle but two will do it and with other guns it feels much faster.

As for QSing, I wonder if they ever considered removing aim assist from snipers, or delaying it enough to make quickscoping not work.  It sounds easy enough to me, but it may be too hard to code.  However just a small delay between scoping in and your aim assist activating would ruin qsing forever (and make dedicated qsers hate the developer for eternity)

Last Edited: Dec 5, 2013 4:46 AM
                          • Test #1

oh yeah I forgot to put they was on the other side of the bloody map when hip shooting me

Last Edited: Dec 5, 2013 5:03 AM
                              • Test #1

If you were hipfired across the map with a sniper rifle it was some completely insane good luck on their part, or a hack, if it happened more than once I would assume the latter.

Out of 1500-2000 (I don't remember the exact number) kills with the L115 I may have gotten 2 no scopes, I'm sure I remember getting 1, 2 may be pushing it, and I was barrel stuffing the guy, pure luck that he died.  I seldom atttempt it, I go for a quickscope instead (also, the only time I even attempt QSing).  Even when I did no scope it was a pure reflexive panic move.

Last Edited: Dec 5, 2013 5:28 AM