14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2013 4:04 AM by BobbyMcGee RSS

Martyr-dog

like2nap03

That's all it is.  Martyrdom in the form of a dog.  That thing hardly ever kills anyone while I'm alive.  I'm surprised he even comes back.  The way he just lets the enemy run around like that.  I figured I'd find an opposing player rubbing his belly or something when I respawned.  I only had one match where he seemed useful and actually attacked players coming after me.  Hate that thing.  Soon as I complete the kill challenge for that guy he's going back to the pet store.

I haven't tried all the killstreaks yet, but the only ones I have found effective so far are the two juggernauts. I'm open to recommendations to replace the mutt after I complete that challenge.  Sentry gun sucks.  Don't recommend that one please. 

• Re: Martyr-dog
          Padiego

Helo pilot is awesome on open maps, otherwise everyone will be hiding inside.

AsianSensation97

That's one of the things I sort of like about Ghosts, all the killstreaks have been nerfed big time so there's no more killstreaks dominating the game. If there's one streak I like so far I'd have to say the gryphon is nice if you get the hang of it.

WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

That thing hardly ever kills anyone while I'm alive.  I'm surprised he even comes back.

I got a dog the other night and it just ran off on its own, I went into a building and looked out of a window and there he was running off up a street. He never came to me once, got one kill and that was it, the match ended. I saw him twice during the whole time..

BlackMetroid95

I hate that dog, when im not using it

How is it bad? The Guard Dog easily gets me 4-7 kills if I move in such a way that it isn't too exposed. It's a excellent rushing companion. Coupled at the same time with the Vulture, you'll be a triple threat out there.

nintendon't

I'm OK with the dog the way it is, at least until the spawns get fixed. If someone wants to shoot me in the back like a punk, they're just gonna have to deal with the consequences. No sympathy from me.

like2nap03

nintendon't wrote:

I'm OK with the dog the way it is, at least until the spawns get fixed. If someone wants to shoot me in the back like a punk, they're just gonna have to deal with the consequences. No sympathy from me.

I guess he fits in with the rest of the assault streaks.  Just about useless.

Yeah, it never seems to do much for me. My main complaint about the dog is that it somehow takes one .308 caliber projectile to down a human, but a German shepherd can take 5-7 identical shots and still go for a kill. The mutt barks at me and I'm dead, I stuff a grenade down it's throat and it burps and keeps rolling...

like2nap03

Ok.  This says it all.  I was running down a hill on Prison Break.  A guy with a knife was running behind me.  He ran RIGHT PAST THE DOG and knifed me.  THEN the dog kills him.  Martyr-Dog.  That's all it is.  Maybe it's supposed to be that way and I had the wrong expectations, but 5 kills just to have a dog attack someone that just killed you seems a bit much.  I guess that's the direction they're going in.  Nerfing the streaks.  Another way to help bad players who can't get streaks.  It's all about helping the casual gamer.

BobbyMcGee

if you are not aware of whats going on your dog will not search out people and get you kills. he will alert you to their presence, unless theye coming up directly behind you especially if youre running. idk if dead silence is helping people go undetected or not. he will not attack an enemy until they are a certain distance from you, he will only alert you by barking or growling.

i will not call him out until im am in a general area of where i want to hang out. no, i dont mean camp, i mean an area id like to hold down. i know its an assault streak but if you play defensively with it you will benifit. usually he will kill who killed me, and ive got so many enemies upset trying to get into where i had locked down, that he will kill 2 or 3 more on his way back to me.

there are several spots on multiple maps where i could chill with a dog and for the most part never fire my weapon at someone in close range. as a marksman rifle user he is my best teammate.