20 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 4:36 PM by pingcommander RSS

Disc read errors

So what's going on with these disc read errors? i know there are other discussions about it but things seem to have gone quiet about them. I've done all the resetting, initilising, re-installing, dowloading free games first, wired connections, ports forwarding DMZ, updates blah blah blah and still unable to play SP without getting the errors and i can't even get into any online games. i go to play and then i get a disc read error. Had the ps4 since friday and have only been able play SP, but can't even finish that. Anyone else still having problems? and if they are why aren't people still complaining about it? i don't mean to have a carry on but paying what we do for games and not being able to play them seems a bit rough.

Latest reply: on Dec 15, 2013 4:36 PM by Replies: 20 in GHOSTS SUPPORT
        • Test #1
          Re: Disc read errors

Same problem its ridiculous

Last Edited: Dec 4, 2013 3:51 PM
          • Test #1

Me too. And I've tried everything from reinstallating, to switching the game disc, to making a new account to replacing the entire PS4. I just can't play MP no matter what I do.

Last Edited: Dec 4, 2013 6:49 PM
            • Test #1

This is a joke!!!! When are they gonna fix this up!? vshasta saw your other thread about having the issue raised with support. no luck i take it?

Last Edited: Dec 8, 2013 1:40 PM
                • Test #1

No luck.  Ha, I've seriously reinstalled the game 25+ times.  Going back to the disc version, since the digital version is even worse (at least I could play single player with the disc).  At least now I am getting the CE-XXX error (not just a black screen).  Sometimes I get the disc image read error.  Other times, it just goes to a black screen. Replacing the PS4 again (tomorrow).  Hopefully the 3rd PS4 and 3rd Disc works!

Last Edited: Dec 8, 2013 4:14 PM
                • Test #1

Is it possible for you to try the disc in another machine somehow?

The reason is that I've heard reports about disc drive problems on some machines.

Does the machine play other games OK?

Last Edited: Dec 9, 2013 2:00 AM
                    • Test #1

i've got battlefield 4 but that's got it own problems with errors which EA are apparently working on apart from that i don't have any other disc games. i'm gonna pick up fifa14 and see if thats fine at some stage. vshasta has tried 2 ps4's and has the same errors and he's going back for a 3rd ps4. we'll see what he has to say when tries that. i don't think it's the disc or the ps4 from what i've been reading on the net and forums.

Last Edited: Dec 9, 2013 1:11 PM
                        • Test #1

Hmm, this is a bit of a head scratcher.

The thing is, I've not had a single disc read error with this game (or any other, come to think of it) so far, which is why I thought it might be your disk drive.

Admittedly I've played more Squads than proper online matches, so maybe the problem lies there. I'll play some more proper online matches tonight to check this out.

Last Edited: Dec 10, 2013 1:40 AM
                      • Test #1

I'm of the mind that games and consoles don't get outta the Beta stage until 3-6 months later. 

Last Edited: Dec 9, 2013 6:38 PM
                        • Test #1

still trying to figure this out. By chance, did everyone who is having issues have one of the following:

1. PS3 account (PSN)

2. Bonus Map download

3. Bonus Ghost character download

4. No issues before patch (1.07)

5. Disc or Digital copy?

Last Edited: Dec 10, 2013 11:47 AM
                            • Test #1

Hey mate. did you end up getting a new ps4 and disc?

1. yes

2. no

3. no

4. I'm in australia. only got the ps4 on the 29/11/13 so i've only played with the latest patch

5. disc

Last Edited: Dec 10, 2013 12:42 PM
                                • Test #1

Still nothing.  I was able to get a little furthur than normal (actually connected to multiplayer server and started loading a game before it crashed...again).  Tried doing a complete initialization (took 3 hours) and reinstalled once again using Ethernet cable.  Absolutely nothing has worked.  Still waiting to hear back from Activision.

Last Edited: Dec 11, 2013 6:21 PM
                                    • Test #1

they asked me to do the same thing as they tell everyone to do again to fix the issue with not being able to play extinction or SP, now I can't even get past the title screen. fuming.

Last Edited: Dec 11, 2013 10:39 PM
                                        • Test #1

I Finally got it working! Not sure what was the problem, but here is what I did exactly:

1. Got new PS4

2. Got cod ghost disc (digital copy was worse than the disc version for me originally)

3. Setup PS4 with new PSN account

4. Installed cod ghost from disc

5. played 30 min of single player

6. Downloaded cod patch for multiplayer

7. Played a couple games online (was pumped at this point)

8. Signed back into my old PSN name and I was off playing

not sure what was the problem, but this worked for me. Shoot the noobs!

Last Edited: Dec 13, 2013 4:45 PM
                                            • Test #1

Good to hear its working mate! Mine still gets disc read errors but a bit further into the campaign. haven't tried multi or extinction yet as battlefield started working after the patch that came out for it. i'll give ghosts a go tonight with what you've done.

Last Edited: Dec 15, 2013 4:36 PM
                                    • Test #1

I'm was having the same problems but have given up.  I was never able to start Campaign mode or get into Multiplayer Match without getting Disc Read errors. 

I downloaded FIFA and it plays fine, (a couple freezes but nothing out of the ordinary).  I am also playing a downloaded version of Assassins Creed Black Flag without any issues.

I have better things to do than delete games, reinstall them, reinitialize hard drives, etc.  I have yet to hear of a single report of these tactics working.   I will keep checking to see if a fix has been found but until then I will move on.

Last Edited: Dec 12, 2013 12:33 PM