14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 9:22 AM by Momba1 RSS

Call of Duty Ghosts for pc!

Recently i bought call of duty ghosts for pc.I have some troubles with it tho

I have i3 2120 3,30 ghz for cpu

for gpu nvidia geforce gtx 520

and ddr3 8 gb ram

I have everythink on low,but i still cant play.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Re: Call of Duty Ghosts for pc!
          TheLax

Do you have 64bit OS? I'm just taking a shot in the dark, Maybe this game has problems with 32 bit OS, I have win7 64bit, q9550, 16gb ddr3, and 2gb radeon hd6950 and the q9550 cpu got a poor report on "can I play it" when I ran the test. I'm able to put settings on extra, Certain things like setting more than 2x mssa or whatever will start up some lag. Otherwise the game SP & MP runs pretty smooth on high and extra with all fx turned on (motion blur etc).

Starbuck_OS

The game is a horrible port from consoles, its not optimized for PC, I still get awful stuttering and bad fps drops (PC specs below), its sad because I want to give this game a good chance, but I simply cannot play it, and this is why they are bleeding player numbers, they should of done a better job porting the game.

Currently running

Core i5

Nvidia gtx 580

8gb of ram (no game even uses that much, ghosts only uses 2gbs of ram)

64bit windows 7

SyriFoxi

waste of money! dont buy any season pass or DLC! its bigger waste of money! for PC players you get half of ondlaught DLC! i dont know was this onslaught dlc or what but same day 28.01. 2014 i got hudge update to pc ghost game and got  extra 5 ranks for extinction (part of onslaughtDLC)

il_moro

SyriFoxi wrote:

waste of money! dont buy any season pass or DLC! its bigger waste of money! for PC players you get half of ondlaught DLC

What do you mean by that last statement? I haven't read anywhere that the PC version of the Onslaught DLC would be anything different or inferior to what the console games get.

X-FIGHTER

i have 4gb of ram and pentium dual core cpu 3.00GHz and gt 610 graphic card and i can play the game on all specs on low and with medium terrain quality.

HOW YOU CANT PLAY? WHY DO YOU LIE????IF YOU DONT LIKE GHOSTS AND LIKE BATTLEFIELD GO AND PLAY THAT AND DONT LIE!

Momba1

^ I can't so there! (I play both CoD & BF4 not to mention a lot of other games)

As it is I still often have massive FPS drops not to mention OMG terrible Lag in many games, and after this FoV fiasco I'm done! I purchased the Hardened Edition ($120 USD) and completely regret it. I'm a competitive clan player...

My rig (i7-3930K, 32GB RAM, 2-WAY SLI GTX 770's, 2560x1440, gaming (Headset, Mechanical Keyboard, & Mouse).

I destroy players with Best Buy rigs unless they hack and even some of them are terrible; they know how to kill ... not how to win.

--

My recommended specs:

• Min: i5 4-core CPU, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 x64, GPU*: (Nvidia GTX 760 or AMD (HD 7950 / R9 270X), Gaming Mouse with adjustable Polling Rate/DPI, 1920x1080 Monitor
                      • Recommended: i5 4-core CPU, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 x64, GPU* or higher: (Nvidia GTX 770 or AMD (HD 7970GE / R9 280X), Gaming Mouse with adjustable Polling Rate/DPI, USB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry Red/Brown), 1920x1080 Monitor @ 120/144 Hz or 2560x1440/2560x1600 (some new monitors including 2560 120 Hz panels are coming to market with G-Sync for Nvidia GPUs)

* Choose a GPU that will suit other games at settings you will use that produce a minimum of 70~80+ FPS for your monitor's native resolution and with a minimum of 2GB vRAM.

Mr_Pistolero

Momba1 wrote:

My recommended specs:

• Min: i5 4-core CPU, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 x64, GPU*: (Nvidia GTX 760 or AMD (HD 7950 / R9 270X), Gaming Mouse with adjustable Polling Rate/DPI, 1920x1080 Monitor
                          • Recommended: i5 4-core CPU, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 x64, GPU* or higher: (Nvidia GTX 770 or AMD (HD 7970GE / R9 280X), Gaming Mouse with adjustable Polling Rate/DPI, USB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry Red/Brown), 1920x1080 Monitor @ 120/144 Hz or 2560x1440/2560x1600 (some new monitors including 2560 120 Hz panels are coming to market with G-Sync for Nvidia GPUs)

* Choose a GPU that will suit other games at settings you will use that produce a minimum of 70~80+ FPS for your monitor's native resolution and with a minimum of 2GB vRAM.

I don't think anyone should be wasting any amount of money on a rig. Most players claiming to be good are just cheaters, you don't need a better rig to beat them. and getting one won't help you beat them. Just because a car goes 0-60 in 1 second means nothing, you still need a good driver. And most of the drivers in PC platform use cheats. you can't beat them unless you join em. Upgrading a pc for this nonsense is just plain dumb.

A great rig won't help you beat all the aimbotters.

Momba1

I completely disagree especially in twitch type games where ms (milliseconds) determine winning from losing over and over again. Tom's Hardware recently published an article that you might find illuminating (especially reaction times and Lag) - Debunking the Myths of Graphics Card Performance - Tom’s Hardware

Further, both your movement speed and in particular your gun firing rate are all calculations of your Frame Rates:

Real_RPM = 60/([RU: (60/Coded_RPM)/(1/FPS)] * (1/FPS))

That calculation is inheritant in most FPS (twitch shooting) games, and in addition to many sources of Lag adding components plus connection issues (connection qualities: packet loss, Lag Comp, jitter, etc)

I'm certainly not suggesting people don't cheat and far from it. However, the numbers aren't as many as people actually believe it to be.

Clearly, if I were to play against 'myself' on a very good rig vs a minimum requirement rig, I'd feel strongly that my 'better rig' self was doing something 'funny' though I'd be dead wrong.

Starbuck_OS

No-one is lying, I actually tried everything so far suggested to get the game to play smoothly, I don't even like BF.

Bryanja12123

no COD game is good on PC unless you have a custom gaming desktop with a bad ass gaming NVIDIA graphics card and a ton of ram i wouldn't blow my money on COD unless you buy a PS3, PS4, XBOX,XBOX ONE i tried it on pc then bought a Ps3 and 4 MUCH BETTER

Bryanja12123

is your NAT strict, Mod or Open?

Try :

Disable desktop composition

Navigate to...
                              C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts
                              Find... 'iw6mp64_ship.exe'
                              Right click, Click Properties, click the Compatibility tab, and check the option to disable desktop composition.

Try right-clicking iw6mp64_ship.exe and then click Run As Adminstrator.

Low FPS – How to Fix

Due to memory leak issues, running background programs or overlays (FRAPS) will cause performance issues.

• Close any background programs/overlays (FRAPS) – Try running Steam in Offline Mode or disabling Steam Overlay.

Alter these settings to improve FPS:

• Distortion: No
                              • Motion Blur: No
                              • Depth of Field: Off
                              • Terrain Detail: Off

HOPE THIS HELPED LIKE OR RATE IF IT DID SOMETHING POSITIVE

Bryanja12123

black ops 2 and ghost dont run smooth on PC even tech support will tell you that since that is where i got this information from because i also have COD BO and Ghost for PC and PS3 and my pc is a i7 12 GB of ram and a good nvidia GC and i still have problems with getting it to play and stay playing b.c of fraps/lag and server problems just replaying what i was told to do just trying to help other with the same problem i had