1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 86 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2014 12:39 AM by thebiindsniper Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?

I'm really enjoying this game overall. I really like the weapons balance and the feel of it. Game plays very smoothly for a game of it's scope. The only other recent comparison I have is Battlefield which plays like garbage as far as smooth game play.

The maps are large, but have gotten smaller and more manageable as I've learned them. It's nice that there are more flank routes and there actually are outside edges of the map as these were nonexistent in Blops2. Only thing is that I'm not sold on purchasing a season pass for a couple of reasons. One is the size of the maps. If the new maps are going to be as big and complex, I'd like more time to play them instead of a couple months between each release of a new map pack. Also, by the time the final map pack comes out, I'm pretty much ready for the next installment of this series. Another reason is there is no way to play any map more than once as there was in previous versions of this game. Also, there are only two voting choices and no "random" choice. So the chances of me getting my money's worth out of a season pass has greatly reduced over Blops2.

Some things that still annoy me are the "dedicated servers" as in, where are they? Rage quitting seems to be out of control. I can't count how many times I've started in a full lobby, to find just after the match has started that I'm only one of two or three players left against a full squad. Lag has been more of an issue in this game than in previous versions. I'm talking about really bad rubber band lag. But I mostly attribute this to no dedicated servers and the hosts having not much better than dial up connections. I also do miss having bars to at least give me a general idea of everyone's connection quality as it is well known in Blops2, someone with a red dot connection could bring down the entire lobby.

• 51. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?
          NoLifeKing32

Spawns need to be fixed and it desperately needs more game modes. My only two gripes atm.

• 52. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?
            codchamp

The same as others have stated in here. This game gets boring after a hour or so. In past titles the game would make you loose track of time. In this one it feels like i played it for hours and in reality it was only 45 minutes.

I think it boils down to a lot of different factors for me. #1 The killstreaks are boring. #2 i dont hate or complain about camping. But there sure seems to be a lot of it in this game. #3 The majority of the maps are just bad and after a month i have not seen one that has become a favorite yet.

• 53. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?
              CurliestRogue0

Bottom line, I'm having fun and will continue to play, but the game certainly has its flaws.

I like the idea of the larger, less funnel-oriented maps, but there are some that are just too much.  Flooded and Chasm in particular are just a vertical mess.  Maybe it's my shortcoming as a player, but I don't see how to play tactically in an environment where, not only could the enemy be on any side of you at any time, in all likelihood they just spawned behind you in the room you just cleared.

Seems like they tried to use spawn mechanics to counter the slower pace of their large maps.  It was a failed attempt, so they need to patch that.  I shouldn't spawn and have no idea which general direction the enemy is likely coming from.  TDM should not feel like FFA.

I hate the aesthetics (both visual and auditory) of the guns.  Hate hate hate them.  The tracers and sounds especially come off so cartoony/arcadey compared to BLOPS2.  For all its failings, BLOPS2 got gun aesthetics, in particular the sound and feel of firing, spot on. E.g., when I fired the AN94 unsuppressed, I d@mn well knew I as firing a beast of a rifle -- BAM BAM BAM.  Felt dirty and gritty and strong.  Ghosts guns feel like I'm shooting my nephew's toy Ranger Rick gun to infinity and beyond...  And what the hell is that radar dish-looking thing on the back of the CBJ?  Why add that in to an already weird looking gun?  Fun to play gun though, fun as hell, so I shouldn't complain too much on that front.

• 54. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?

game is good.. but i still dont know why we dont have HC SnD....

• 55. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?

Great point on spawns. I did forget to mention in my post the spawns are ridiculous. Still many WTF spawn and die moments. Good theiry on the size of the maps playing into spawning algorithms. Maybe it was also something to do with a failed ateempt at controlling spawn trapping as well?

• 56. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?

I agree with you, I'm tired of hearing people ***** about getting killed cause they came around a corner and got panic knifed or shot or dropshot or whatever their EXCUSES are for not killing the other person 1st because they were not fast enough or what have you. complaining about getting killed by someone panic knifing is just the cry baby's way of throwing a tantrum because they were not as fast as the other person and their reflexes are not as finely tuned. Seriously, people quit saying "nerf this" and "nerf that" just because you get killed first. REACT faster, that helps and IW is NOT obligated to cater the game to you for your own K/D and custom fit everything to suit YOUR needs. SitRepPro is totally right. Say IW did nerf this stuff, then what? You round a corner, see someone and you both step back a few paces, bow like gentlemen and carefully aim before firing? Should we all stand still? COME ON...

• 57. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?

Spaens are horrible, and I have had some HORRIFIC lag last couple of days. Right after I mentioned how good the connection was, too... The game has been almost unplayable for me cuz the lag is so bad, I run for 30 sec and teleport waaaaay back where I was. Also, the hit detection WAS great, but I have noticed in the matches that don't lag that I don't get a hit marker for the 1st 3-4 rounds I fire, and I am DEFINITELY on target. *sigh* What the hell, IW?

• 58. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?
                        puertoricanguy9

this game would be alot better for me if we had ground war for current gen...alot of these maps are way too big for 6v6...i seem to always have a problem finding people on the huge maps and it gets extremely boring...and why do we even have team tac? why cant we just replace that with ground war?

• 59. Re: One month on, how do we feel about GHOSTS?
                          kingmike22

Honestly, I love most cod games, but I think ghost is the worst to date. There is absolutely no balance. The quick scoping and over powered sniping makes the game not worth playing if you like to run and gun. Too camper friendly also, I dont understand why infinity ward followed black ops gameplay style, just with better graphics engine, and claim it to be a new.... COD is finished, the franchise is done. They really ****** up this game, I'm a decent player, 1.79 K/D, positive in all other cod games, but honestly cod.... why .... just why

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next