14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 1:03 AM by Chucky6661 RSS

Extinction Vs. Zombies

Hey gamers, how do we feel about the extinction on ghosts? I like the zombies, but it feels too controlled. Now obviously, there needs to be some form of linear control, but I feel like the playable areas on extinction are much broader, but I haven't even made it past the 5th hive. Once I get into the "City" area after you protect the choper, me and my mates get DESTROYED. I love the level up system and the skill points. It feels like teamwork was a real concern for the Dev team. Zombies was AWESOME, don't get me wrong, but everyone just did their thing, whereas You stck together more in extinction and drop upgrades for each other and stuff. It's good to see SOME form of teamwork in CoD as I have noticed it dwindle substantially over the years. Thoughts?

• Re: Extinction Vs. Zombies
          banned-again

i hate both they go on too long for liking and that includes survival in mw3 aswell

After a while it just feels like yeah, I got way farther that time, but then you always start from the beginning again. I with that there was a way that you could reach a certain point and pick back up from there. Also, the thing I like the most like I said is that there is more emphasis on teamwork.

I HATE the zombies game mode! I also didn't care much for the survival in MW3, but I LOVE Extinction! Even though it is the same thing over and over again it hasn't gotten old yet! The only 2 complaints I have about it are the leper challenge and the fact that you can't pause it even in local offline play. I have escaped 6 times now and on average it takes around an hour everytime...that's an hour of dedicated play without being able to pause the game which kinda makes it hard to work in the schedule.

I hope they have more coming soon though!

I agree, I like extinction a lot more than zombies. I haven't had one person get pissed at me and troll me because I fell into last stand like on zombies. There are a lot of little things, too, that make extinction better, like traps and dropping turrets and strikes and stuff and propane tanks, electric fences, boxes lying around with money or weapons or whatever. It is way more thorough.

Yep just wasted another hour of my life trying to get the completionist trophy! Completed every challenge but the Leper! To top it off, right after the 30 seconds was up, the f***** ran right in front of me!!!!!!!!!

Actually FML 2 times cause I just played again and completed every challenge up to the very last hive and of course the last challenge was the leper! At least I still escaped, and this time with 2 relics active!

I don;t think I know what these relics are. I've heard of them, but never had one that I know of. What are they?

Once you prestige, you get one relic slot, and another each time you prestige up to 5. Relics are actually supposed to make the game harder but reward you with more score for leaderboards and ranking up.

relics are

1. take more damage

2. pistols only

3. smaller wallet and earn less cash ($3000 max)

4. no class selection (mortal)

5. do less damage

I was using 1 and 2 but you can choose whichever ones you want and change them whenever you want or use none at all.

Megadog14

Ive only played Extinction twice and it was really boring. I had a crapton of health and 2 or 3 self-revives, it felt impossible to die lol.

honestly the first couple times I played it I wasn't that impressed, but then I started to play for the trophies and once I started getting into it I couldn't stop playing it! Also if you think it is too easy try to get the completionist trophy...it makes me want to break things.

I like a lot about it, but I'm still trying to figure out EXACTLY how I feel about it. I know I like it more than zombies. And I do love me some zombie slaying. I been addicted eversince playing Resident Evil 2 in 1998. First RE game I ever played, now I love all things zombies.

Chucky6661

Yup, it was fun for 2days for me. Zombies is far better IMO and although they sorta screwed it up a bit in blops2 ( again my opinion) the first iteration of zombies and the DLC that followed was tremendous, really good story and always left you with a thirst for knowledge about more of the storyline, the mechanics on W@W zombies were spot on. One of my favourite gaming experiences

kylet345

The only way I find that Extinction and Zombies are in any way similar is that they're extra modes for the game itself with an unusual enemy to fight. Other than that, Zombies is non-linear survival based game. Extinction is linear objective and defensive based game. They play differently, and are entirely different. I think that Neversoft did a great job with Extinction though, and it's very fun to play.