13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2013 2:19 AM by piiwii RSS

a_trey_u...scoreboard on GamePad, did that idea come from me?

piiwii

Would be awesome if so...:)

Posted 5th Jan 2013: http://community.guitarhero.com/thread/200589132#.UqEJPsQW2H1

(why did the link change from BLOPS to Guitar hero!!?!)

Posted 29 July 2013:Wii U SPECIFIC FEATURE LIST - SUGGESTIONS & IDEAS!!!

I've been around on these boards since early this year (BLOPS2 then Ghosts) and don't think I've heard anyone else suggest this!

I'm not gloating, but would just be personally thrilled to know I contributed in some way.

• Re: a_trey_u...scoreboard on GamePad, did that idea come from me?
          Pwnsweet

I gotta admit, it is a nice feeling seeing your efforts on the forum get realized in the game (in my case, Camera Sensitivity ADS). It reminds you realize that your input on these forums isn't wasted and is valuable.

It's especially good when whatever change was implemented is received positively by the community. If "scoreboard on the GamePad" was your idea piiwii, then I congratulate you. It's great!

M4GNUM

Your scoreboard idea got me killed because I was distracted looking at it!!!!!!!! LOL

like2nap03

Well whomever came up with the idea I gotta say I like.  I like it a lot.  Its the little convenient things that make the Wii U special to me.  I don't how to describe them to make them sound as great as they are.  Maybe I just appreciate the little things these days.  I don't know.  But I did what I said I was going to do.  I put the Gamepad on it's stand (after I took out the stupid dead cell piece of crap battery and put the old one back in) and sat it on my little table next to my chair.  Before the match I hit the scoreboard button and there it is. I can just glance over at it whenever I want.  I don't have to awkwardly reach down and press the 1 button, or 2 button, whichever it is which takes my thumb off of the ADS button (A for me) and also effects my aim because I have to change my hand position.  I just have to glance over at it while barely even having to turn my head.  That's very convenient.  I like convenience.  Thanks for adding it Trey, and Hardkode, and everyone else.

piiwii

Sorry to sound ungrateful guys but the view resets back to the default (map) at the end of every round. It's a real hassle to have to switch it back at the start of every game; can't you make it so that it either saves the default forever (like how you can set Single, Multi or Extinction as the default), or at least for the current session (until the system powers down)?

You have to realise that people using the Wii remote are the ones that are most likely to find this useful, because they:

1) Are going to leave the Gamepad closer to the TV or coffee table so we don't have to look as far away from the screen to see it, which in turn makes it harder for us to get up and switch it back every round

2) Even if the Gamepad isn't out of reach, it's still a hassle because if you're using the Wii remote you're inherently not going to be holding the Gamepad

3) Have less buttons to begin with and would ordinarily have to press the awkwardly placed 2 button to open the scoreboard

Can this be "fixed" in the next release? It's soooo close to being perfect!:)

BTW I love how your overall position in your team is displayed on the icon. It's a very nice touch.

M4GNUM

Not to be a party pooper, but what is the advantage of having the score on the gamepad anyway? I'd rather simply push one button (eye doesn't leave the action) and see the score on screen than look down at the pad (eye leaves the action) and hit a button. I'm not seeing the payoff this extra thing gives and would rather the dev team work on items of more importance. Additionally, why do we need a scoreboard that shows each players score during the game anyway? Does it affect how hard one plays? How much effort is put in? Seems really silly to me and a waste of resources that could be put to more important use

piiwii

I'd rather simply push one button (eye doesn't leave the action) and see the score on screen than look down at the pad (eye leaves the action) and hit a button.

Look down at what exactly? If you read my last post, I wrote:

[most Wii remote users] are going to leave the Gamepad closer to the TV or coffee table so we don't have to look as far away from the screen to see it

I leave mine right below my TV so it's basically like extra screen real estate.

And again, I also wrote:

[Wii remote users] have less buttons to begin with and would ordinarily have to press the awkwardly placed 2 button to open the scoreboard

So if you're using regular controls it might be a simple button press, but the 2 button is not exactly the most ergonomic thing to reach.

For regular controller users what's the advantage? I guess there's less of one, but surely you'll agree it beats the map? The map is already on the screen so it's just so redundant...

In terms of why, I like to play for fun and you'll find me routinely just messing around with a knife or shooting images on walls etc, but I DO like to check my score even if I'm not playing seriously and know I'm coming last. Why? I don't know, but I do. And I suspect many others do too. Isn't that reason enough?

But you're right it's not a high priority thing and I wouldn't ever call it that, but should they have the capacity why not?