6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 6:45 AM by phxs72 RSS

Help before I buy...

LEPRKON

As a COD gamer since the very beginning I am sceptical on buying COD GHOSTS. I love the COD gameplay....better than BF2 IMO...so my question is as a 47 year old ex-military man...is this game worth it? Thank you in advance

• Re: Help before I buy...
          phxs72

I'm 41 and enjoying it but you have to be able to enjoy a fast killing but slower paced style of gameplay.  If you enjoy being more tactical then you'll probably like Ghosts but if you are looking for break neck action packed pace with dominating streaks (ie BO2) then it's probably not going to suit you.  That being said, it's still faster paced than anything that I've seen over on the BF brand.  I play mostly objective gamemodes and some TDM and outside of a couple of maps, I don't ever have any trouble finding action.  Sometimes I have trouble seeing them before they see me but the action is there.

gotsomestars

If you like more tactical gameplay, this game is better than the last 2. If you like running down the same 3 lanes hip firing a SMG, and think everyone who stops behind cover to reload is a camper, stick to bo2.

In my opinion, it's the best cod in years. Guns are balanced (aside from the marksman rifles, only one is even close to what it should be. When you shoot people, they actually die. Unlike bo2 where it took an ungodly amount of bullets to put someone down.

LEPRKON

I Have always preferred tactical gameplay...ie.SEARCH AND DESTROY MAP....NO CROSSHAIRS...ETC. I feel I was robbed on BF2 (not sure what I was thinking there). How are the graphics,lag etc...are there any good TACTICAL CLANS? I used to belong to the 82ndAB when I gamed on PC. Great bunch of guys and was looking for same on PS4. Thanks again.

phxs72

The graphics are good from a console perspective although they do use washed out colors (as is IWs style) but console never will compare to PC.  Honestly, the hit detection in this version is really good for me.  I've done well in the previous titles but I don't have very many WTF moments in Ghosts.  That probably has to do more so with how quickly people die than anything but it's an upgrade in my opinion.  As far as tactical clans go, I would think that you should be able to find some.  Clan Wars is where all of the clans get their special emblems this year and it's played in regular multiplayer.  Clan Wars is based solely on wins.  So I am seeing more and more coordinated efforts out there.  Call outs are starting to become the norm again instead of the exception.

LEPRKON

Thanks for the help...now it's down to which bundle I should buy. Any suggestions?

phxs72

That rather depends on what you value.  I've always been a standard edition man and I buy the Season Pass.  Other folks really like the Custom and Hardened edition packages.  I'm just not all that into booklets, etc.  I would recommend checking out the pricing differences though.  As I recall the difference between the standard edition plus season pass and the hardened edition was something like $20 but that may have changed.