27 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2013 9:50 AM by viper359 RSS

If I quit every match with  lag

Lucent76

I would never finish a match so instead I only quit matches with atrocious lag.

That means screen jumping around blatantly losing gun fights I should have easily won.

My guess is that's somewhere between every 2nd lobby and 2 out of 3 lol.

That is the  genuine state of affairs for me with Ghost .

At least MW3 on rare occasions put it in my favor.

I literally have to accept this state of affairs as part of the game if I want to play it.

• Re: If I quit every match with  lag
          Izjar11

Lucent76 wrote:

I would never finish a match so instead I only quit matches with atrocious lag.

That means screen jumping around blatantly losing gun fights I should have easily won.

My guess is that's somewhere between every 2nd lobby and 2 out of 3 lol.

That is the  genuine state of affairs for me with Ghost .

At least MW3 on rare occasions put it in my favor.

I literally have to accept this state of affairs as part of the game if I want to play it.

You should not play a video game that puts your through this, just stop playing it. Quitting is not the answer

If you quit when theres lag you will never finish a single match in any game ever. There is always lag.

I'm getting some very bad "rubber-banding" style lag since the last update, and unfortunately it's happening more often than not. Never had any prior to this, and since it's started I've checked every aspect of my connection I could imagine... It's getting pretty frustrating though, I'm still hoping it's the game servers themselves

I agree. Ever since the latest update the lag has been insane on this game. Recently I shot a grenade tube shot from my LSAT at my friend who joined one of my games on the opposing team. It hit him but he didn't receive any damage from it or even register a hit marker and I just instantly died. Even my friend acknowledged it should have hit him as the explosion landed on his feet This game is starting to become ridiculous with lag. This wasn't there before.

zingaa

Stay in core then, we don't need rage quitters in HC.

starbuckfrack

With the new Xbox one rep system you will get stuck with quitters if you become a quitter, etc.

Getting in the yellow isnt a good thing but if you get put in the red group you are screwed.

Lucent76

While it seems to be a noble attempt by MS to stop rage quitting it is doomed to failure if they don't have games running well.

Who's going to stick around in a match when its running like a pig? especially when that's par for the course with this game and from what I can see on the Xbone section of this forum its not running well at all.

If they want to reduce quitting the only viable way of doing it is to make the game run well with a good matchmaking system.

ObeySwag420

What is your internet's download speed? And more importantly, where do you live?

If i quit every match that had lag, id never of played though an entire game in my life, its so laggy all the time, i just have to try and put up with it.

OP I hear you. However, I just cannot figure out if its these guys, or live that is causing my issues. Matchmaking for me is garbage. I live in Toronto, Ontario, yet, almost never get any matches in Ontario, let alone Toronto. I usually am paired with people 1500 KMs away. Two days ago, I kept getting put in lobbies with people from Texas, and even Florida. Tell me how those are the best game lobbies for me. Its just not possible. Period.

Every now and then, I will get a day when I am getting matched with locales, and I go from hating the game to loving it. Being on equal footing is fun, and I quickly realize I don't suck. I am an average player. It is so fun to be an average player. In other words, I don't go from dead last to first place. Some seem to care a little too much, but, my internet connection is 150/10. Open NAT. Ping times to various servers are fine. Within 250kms, sub 30ms. To major websites etc, sub 40ms, yet in most games I play, I getting one shot killed. Hearing only one shot. Even looking at a player, I see one shot. Watch kill cam, I see six or seven shots. I have asked players in the next lobby, and they say, oh yeah, every time I killed you, I unloaded on you. I wouldn't say I am 2 seconds behind, but I would say, a good second. There is no way I am 1000ms to these players. I am not 1000ms ping time to anywhere in North America, that has decent routing. Something is amiss. My network is fine. I am waiting to try the PS3 version, so I can rule in or out, if its matchmaking, or Xbox Live.

I live in Southwestern ontario and have the same internet connections as you.I get matched with people from Quebec quite often.I would think matching me to western New York or Michigan would be more optimal.I see players who have really herky jerky animations.They are harder to hit because there is no rhyme or reason to it they go from a stand still to full speed randomly.According to ovenbakedmuffin matching by ping first then location would be more optimal.I may start bridging my xbox to a laptop just so i can see my ping to the host.

It's funny, because I live in Florida and more than once I've been matched with people in Canada. A lot of games in the Minnesota/Michigan area too. I don't know if the player pool for the gametype I'm choosing just isn't that large or if the matchmaking itself just isn't making great selections...

Either way I think fixing the matchmaking (probably the most major problem) would alleviate much of the "lag" that's been seen in about the last 4 titles of this game. Hoping for a fix, but not holding my breath...

Agree with you 100%. It has to be the match making system. There is no way my connection for a lobby is better to Florida, than say, New York. Yet, I almost never get anything in the state of New York, let alone the City. I use New York, because of the population, and the fact that Toronto has several major interconnects with New York.

Something is really wrong here. I thought it was just me, but, I have friends as well that experience the same thing. However, I also have a great many, that have zero issues.

Its lag hysteria. No denying there is lag, but I know for a fact your blaming more than you should. Everybody goes throught it. Totally normal. Just got to break out of it mentally.

I would not call it hysteria, just because you are not experiencing it, to the degree the OP is. There is no doubt, as you said, that there is lag. Then there must be no doubt that some experience it worse than others. Lag is not equal, no matter how much coding you write. Packets can only travel at a certain speed, the further they must travel, the more lag already created. The problem is, when people yap on about getting a faster internet connection, which is meaningless, as faster, doesn't equal better. Same with the dedicated server argument. It won't solve all the problems, and could very well introduce new ones.

I think the real issue here is that no one, other than the dev's, really know how the match making system works. That is the problem. Since none of us know, we can only speculate. I cannot blame the dev's, because I cannot rule out that its not Microsoft Live jamming me up. Which is why I am renting it on PS3, and then give it a try, and see. Its not scientific, but, at this point, I am willing to give anything a try. I would love to scream this franchise sucks, but, I enjoy it, even with the major issues I have. I just wish the devs would spend more time helping those with serious issues, that shouldn't have them, fix, or at least drill deeper, and figure out what is causing them.

You can say get over the lag mentality, but, having that WTF moment 95% of the time you play, gets pretty frustrating. Its even worse when you actually enjoy the game, want to play, and have some fun. Its also not so fun for those stuck playing with us. Not really helping the team, and sometimes, making it worse. Good for the opposing team I guess.

I find too many on here, quick to dismiss someone's issue as a nube, complainer, or just sucks at the game. Not trying to start a flame here, but, I think enough people have complained about lag issues for the last few games, that there can be no denying, some people are getting the big screw, question is, why, and how do you fix it for those select few.

Trust me its not 95% of the time for anyone. People get lag hysteria, everyone does at one point or another. Once you find faults with a game its a natural phenomenon to make false accusations. And its not packets ya tard its ping. Play pc gaming a bit and you see how ping fluctuates.

Thanks for showing how little you know. What do you think travels from point A to point B. Packets. What do you think makes your ping, a packet of data. Before you presume to know more than others, make sure you actually have a clue about what you are talking about.

Ping = sending packet of data from point A to point B, measuring response time. You "tard" However, thank you for proving you have no clue about what you are talking about.

So stop talking, because you clearly cannot handle an adult conversation without throwing out insults. I am not 18, and I actually have knowledge about how internet traffic works. You clearly don't, so, go read a book, or google a quick comeback, get some knowledge, grow a set, act like an adult, and I will gladly continue this discussion. Until then, troll elsewhere.

Ironically, I lagged 9 out of every 10 games (I mean full on rubber banding the whole match) the first week or two.

The last week, I see noticeable lag one out of every 4 or 5 games, so it has improved tremendously for me.

madtactics

I don't know if this will improve your experience, but I tend to get the best performance from my xbox when I have it connected directly to my router via ethernet cable.  Might at least be worth a try.