1 44 45 46 47 48 Previous Next 897 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2014 3:38 PM by ButterflyDream Go to original post RSS
      • 450. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
        iivrruummii

You hardly see them in comparison because they are a defensive weapon, and so are snipers (generally).  Doesn't mean that you can't be offensive with them, but it is much more difficult than using other weapons.

• 451. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

iivrruummii wrote:

You hardly see them in comparison because they are a defensive weapon, and so are snipers (generally).  Doesn't mean that you can't be offensive with them, but it is much more difficult than using other weapons.

You hardly see them in comparison because far fewer people use them...

I do agree that the Bipod weapons are generally more of a defensive weapon though...

I wonder what the actual stats are? No Elite for this title is there?

I rarely get killed by LMGs, I'm usually the only person or one of 2 people in a match using one...

• 452. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

i agree 1000%.... snipers are one of the hardest classes to use and do consistently well in.

• 453. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
              ExoticCr4sh

*Disclaimer*:  Anyone complaining about anything in this game (especially complaining about snipers), needs to post their k/d and W/L with their complaints so we can quickly filter out the frustrations of players who are bad at the game.  Personally I consider anything less than 2.0 to be bad, but if you don't even have a 1.0, you are without a doubt, bad at the game and should worry yourself with improving rather than complaining on the forums.  Complaints will get you no where.  Moving on: 

I use the USR on big maps (stonehaven, stormfront, whiterun) and hardscope when I have to at long-range, quick-scope at close range.  I don't always hit the quickscope, I don't always kill in 1-shot, and even hardscoping I will sometimes be taken out by a marksman/AR/LMG across the map.  Despite this, I have slightly over a 2.1 k/d with my USR after more than 1500 kills. The USR remains my worst weapon.  My favorite weapon is the honey badger: 2.85 after 3k + kills, FAD: 3.5, m27 (my best weapon) is a 3.5 something after 1000 kills.  My point isn't to brag about stats, just to show that if a quickscoper is beating you with a sniper, he can easily do the same thing with a machine gun.

You say a sniper-rifle shouldn't be able to work at close quarters?  Then assault rifle bullets should fall off at range instead of being pinpoint right where you're aiming.  Hell a tracker sight shouldn't even exist. This game isn't a military simulator, if you want that play ARMA. 

When I run into a good quickscoper (when I do, which in my experience is very rare) 9/10 times I can shoot him first with an AR and kill him before he can even fire.  Even if he could fire, he gets flinch while taking bullets and he only gets 1 chance to hit before I kill him.  If you can't do that to a quickscoper then you have 1 or more problems:  A) your reaction time is slow B) your accuracy is poor C) your map awareness is bad D) your awareness in general is bad and possible E) you are not running dead silence, which a perk you should know by now as mandatory in an Infiinity ward game.  My guess is a little of all of those and you'd drastically improve just by running deadsilence.   Another tip: stalker is a sniper's worst nightmare.  Without stalker you pretty much stand still while firing, with it you can strafe so fast that he'll have a hard shot to hit while taking fire.

tl;dr:  Quickscoping is not overpowered, my win/loss is 7.5+, my overall k/d is 2.9, in TDM it's 3.04, if yours is less than 1.0 your argument is invalid. Get better at the game first.

• 454. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

ExoticCr4sh wrote:

*Disclaimer*:  Anyone complaining about anything in this game (especially complaining about snipers), needs to post their k/d and W/L with their complaints so we can quickly filter out the frustrations of players who are bad at the game.  Personally I consider anything less than 2.0 to be bad, but if you don't even have a 1.0, you are without a doubt, bad at the game and should worry yourself with improving rather than complaining on the forums.  Complaints will get you no where.  Moving on: 

I use the USR on big maps (stonehaven, stormfront, whiterun) and hardscope when I have to at long-range, quick-scope at close range.  I don't always hit the quickscope, I don't always kill in 1-shot, and even hardscoping I will sometimes be taken out by a marksman/AR/LMG across the map.  Despite this, I have slightly over a 2.1 k/d with my USR after more than 1500 kills. The USR remains my worst weapon.  My favorite weapon is the honey badger: 2.85 after 3k + kills, FAD: 3.5, m27 (my best weapon) is a 3.5 something after 1000 kills.  My point isn't to brag about stats, just to show that if a quickscoper is beating you with a sniper, he can easily do the same thing with a machine gun.

You say a sniper-rifle shouldn't be able to work at close quarters?  Then assault rifle bullets should fall off at range instead of being pinpoint right where you're aiming.  Hell a tracker sight shouldn't even exist. This game isn't a military simulator, if you want that play ARMA. 

When I run into a good quickscoper (when I do, which in my experience is very rare) 9/10 times I can shoot him first with an AR and kill him before he can even fire.  Even if he could fire, he gets flinch while taking bullets and he only gets 1 chance to hit before I kill him.  If you can't do that to a quickscoper then you have 1 or more problems:  A) your reaction time is slow B) your accuracy is poor C) your map awareness is bad D) your awareness in general is bad and possible E) you are not running dead silence, which a perk you should know by now as mandatory in an Infiinity ward game.  My guess is a little of all of those and you'd drastically improve just by running deadsilence.   Another tip: stalker is a sniper's worst nightmare.  Without stalker you pretty much stand still while firing, with it you can strafe so fast that he'll have a hard shot to hit while taking fire.

tl;dr:  Quickscoping is not overpowered, my win/loss is 7.5+, my overall k/d is 2.9, in TDM it's 3.04, if yours is less than 1.0 your argument is invalid. Get better at the game first.

I'm a lobby surfing, TDM Lone Wolf, and I have never ran with friends or a clan on this title so W/L is irrelevant to me. I play a match, and 99% of the time move on to a different lobby afterwards. Having said all of that my W/L is positive...

My KDR is very positive which is all that matters to a TDM player. I'm not on here to brag about stats, to me they are a part of the game that promotes anti social behaviour like Pub Stomping, Boosting, and Dashboarding...

I'm not sure why you are assuming that QSers are getting the better of me all the time, that simply isn't the case...

TL;DR: I do ok at the game Pos WL and KDR, and I make sport of killing QSers , so my argument isn't invalid...

• 455. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                  ExoticCr4sh

if they aren't getting the better of you, why are you saying they are overpowered?  Shotgun users can get an annoying 1-hit kill on you too but they aren't overpowered and people using shotguns rarely do well

• 456. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                    Firesens

Barrett M82 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

M249 light machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It really depends on the weapon, but here is the 50 Cal and the M249 SAW, the 50 Cal is much heavier.

• 457. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                      Firesens

Most people who defend quickscoping say it was always apart of the game and never show proof, they act as if their word is good enough.

This is for the people who say quickscoping takes skill, well people also said it took skill to BxR, BxB, double shot, triple shot, and quad shot and look at how that ended up. (Talking about Halo 2) it wasn't implemented into Halo 3 because the dev's hated it and so did many of the players because it gave some players an unfair advantage, that is what quickscoping does. It gives the most dedicated an advantage over the ones that do not do it or not willing to give it a go. It doesn't take much effort though to do it in the first place.

I look at quickscoping the same way I'd look at Bhopping, BxR's and Quad shotting, I look at it as an exploit of poor mechanics in a game.

I do enjoy bhopping though, really fun to do, but because I find it fun doesn't mean it was meant to be there nor does it mean it should stay.

• 458. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                        iivrruummii

How does quickscoping give any user and advantage?  Maybe more usefulness but not an advantage.  You don't see people on the top of the ladder quickscoping in MLG or tournaments in general, while people BXRed, and Double Shot in Halo 2 at the pro level.  They are completely different in the fact that if quickscoping gave you such an advantage like you say it does then EVERYONE in MLG would be doing it.

As for us never showing proof, maybe because we are not the ones that need to prove anything.  You are the ones complaining about it, so you need to prove that quickscoping is so good and has such an advantage over every weapon in every situation for it to even be valid.  Most of the nerfing is because of the complaining.  Ever since MW2 people have had such a hatred toward it because they don't like getting out played by anything.  Most of the people complaining seems to think they should be invisible to everything and have everything handed to them, because they feel like they are entitled to it.  I have my opinions about this subject because I have played in tournaments since MW2 and even then people hardly even pulled out snipers.  Snipers have a strong disadvantage at close ranges even with quickscoping, such as what if you miss your shot?  You are probably dead.  What if you come around a corner and a guy is right there?  You are probably dead.  What if you meet more than one person in a room who are shooting at you?  You are probably dead.  As for why I say probably is because the probability of dying is so high but that doesn't mean that it cannot happen.  It is like saying I can kill people across the map on Wasteland with the Deagle before a sniper can kill me.  The probability of that is really low but it can happen.

Until quickscoping is officially gone people will continue to cry about it.  This could be said about a number of things, such as tubes, dropshotting, jumpshotting, etc.  If people think that it is somehow "cheap" they will complain mindlessly over it without any valid proof that it is cheap.  Things such as dropshotting were strategies on how to out play opponents but people started to complain about it because they were getting owned and out played because they straight out right suck.

As for the comparison to Halo and COD, they are both meant to be FAST PACED SHOOTERS.  Not saying that it needs to say because of that but because if you get rid of it what is the point of sniping if you cannot move around the map and snipe?

• 459. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                          deamonomic

well lets do a quick test: Can you quick scope? Yes. Have the developers or activision ever called it a cheat or hack or something that shouldnt be there? NO. Alright with those 2 questions answered we can safely assume that QS is apart of the game.

The difference about BXR BXB and all the rest... is that the developers considered those things to not be apart of the game. They were unintentional and as such a glitch which many people exploited. OH and the fact that those were glitches. QS is not.

The defenders of Quickscoping dont have to prove anything. That is upto you guys to prove that its not apart of the game, or that it disrupts the game to the point of needing to be removed. None of you ever have.

1 44 45 46 47 48 Previous Next