22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 6:31 AM by Southpawgamer RSS

No Dedicated Server in Australia

Pwnsweet

So I've basically confirmed that there's no dedicated server in Australia. I suppose it was to be expected, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm really disappointed.

USA and Europe gets them, but not Australia, the one place that really badly needed it. I feel...cheated. yeah that's the best word to describe it. Cheated. If the matchmaking worked like MW3 where it searched for games closest to you and expanded outwards, it wouldn't be so bad. But it doesn't, and I'm forever stuck in Japanese and Brazilian lobbies shooting blanks into the faces of my enemy.

What's worse is that I can't find FFA lobbies anymore. In fact, I can't find anything except TDM and maybe Domination anymore. And when I search for a game in TDM or Dom there's only '5 good games' now...if I'm lucky. Prepatch I could at least find other game modes (even if it was a horrid connection). Now? Nope. All gone.

This post isn't supposed to be funny by the way. I'm seriously pissed off right now. So while I'm in this self destructive pattern, I'll also take this opportunity to reveal that Patch #3 (the one that supposedly improved performance in November) actually lowered the game's resolution. That's right, it's no longer 880x720, it's closer to 860x600. This was the 'fix' they did to try and improve the framerate. Don't believe me? Delete your patch data and play the game and see how much sharper everything looks for yourself. I suppose it's just too bad that lowering the resolution didn't actually do anything to improve the framerate. Oh well.

• Re: No Dedicated Server in Australia
          darkfox2071

There's no dedicated servers on the Wii U not in America neither in Europe because if there were actually dedis this game it wouldn't lag like it does. I live in Central America and get put in German Lobbies there's something going on with the match making so don't make it sound like Australia is the only place with problems

BobbyMcGee

@pwnsweet, i believe i hosted a number of games just this morning. i dont think dedi's are on. it would be really helpful if trey would just confirm my theory on who is hosting. i have more in-game/host/connection related questions you may find interesting also. for example, occasionally in the feed to top right upon countdown it will tell me half my team is connected. i bring up the scoreboard and sure enough, the half that are connected to me are shown with a light background, the others is dark. what does this mean? when it tells me one person in my team is connected, does that mean hes connected to me while im connected to host? if so, is this punishing my connection? when i am hosting, why is it that after each movement i still get this strange jitter? its 50/50 when host since the update, maybe less. but it NEVER happened before. its not half as bad as night one of the update when i would jitter/vibrate and move an extra foot in whichever direction i last pressed after a weird delay, but its still there and noticeable.

Spacious_Fissure

I don't think a dedicated server could take the heat of the desert and kangaroo abuse.

WiimotesRus02

Pwnsweet wrote:

This post isn't supposed to be funny by the way. I'm seriously pissed off right now. So while I'm in this self destructive pattern,

Lol this game does that don't it Where did you get confirmation btw? And does it say we are definitely getting them? Because I highly doubt it, I think that's why there was a server update in an attempt to make things better.

I feel your pain dude... wait, can you delete the patch data without deleting the in game saved data? i never noticed that, oh god... maybe if i delete it and download the patch again, my problem would be fixed...

I'm pretty much done with CoD on the Wii. The latencies are just too much to bare and the player base may be so low that there's nothing that can be done. Shame.

If I buy another CoD it will be on PC. My hopes for a flawless wiimote-centric competitive FPS are dashed for now and into the foreseeable future. As the wiimote is no longer the primary controller for the Wii U we're no longer a priority.

I spite you CoD gods!!! You've taken everything from me!!!

M4GNUM

It's been known for a while that A) only North America gets dedicated servers, and B) dedicated servers haven't been confirmed to be up yet.

My question is if NA only gets dedi's...what happens when someone outside the dedi server, like from France, are a part of the lobby. What will the gameplay be like for them and for us?

BobbyMcGee

i think we're jumping the gun here. i think pwnsweet thinks we in th usa have them and im in ny and confirming we dont. also, trey said they WOULDNT only be in north america. wont look it up, but if youd like the thread im speaking of was pwnsweets titled "i have the game, and it isnt great..."

GamebroCrazy

CROYCKIES! THAT'S CRAZY MATE!

Ronin2012

the game is dead for me on the wiiU, just need to bury it.

Dont know how people are still playing it.

Worst game in cod history imo

nintendon't

Hey, hey, HEY! Stop insulting MW3! It earned that title fair and square.

Ghosts isn't bad at all, it's just average.

like2nap03

nintendon't wrote:

Earned the title of greatest game EVER! 

Wait wait....are you saying that an IW game isn't terrible?  Did that just happen?

Ronin2012

nintendon't wrote:

At least there were enough players here to get a decent connection.  I can still get on there and get into a game with local players (well i could a month or so ago). The only thing i dont miss is the bloody FMG9 Akimbo's (looking at pwnsweets brother).

I would put ghosts below mw3 based on overall experience. Thats just my opinion of course.

There's a dedicated server on Ghosts. It's been there since the beginning. No one can argue with that. The dedicated server is a close one (via private match). You can host it among yourselves but only those in your friend's list can enter. You can host & play or just spectate in the game. You can have the maps cycle automatically (sellected map rotation) without you having to start it manually each time a game ends by enabling Intermission on Private Match game set up when you're not monitoring the game. It's not practical to run it though if you don't have a spare Wii U cuz you can't play other games besides Ghosts on your Wii U unless you stop the private match. I tested it myself with my second Wii U & run it for 2 hours. The Wii U barely heats up so you can probably run it 24/7 without any problems. It's an expensive game server but it's a purely dedicated server just like renting a full server machine (typically cost around $150 & up a month) than a regular (shared or multiple game server programs running on one computer) game server (about a dollar per slot).

Game server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Example of a full server machine (you run a game, file, voice servers, etc.)...

Game Server Rentals and Hosting :: Dedicated servers order page :: NFOservers

Example of a regular game server...

Game Server Rentals and Hosting :: Home :: NFOservers

So folks don't stop saying there's no dedicated server on COD: Ghosts.

M4GNUM

I don't think it takes a lot of bandwidth to understand that people who say there are no dedicated servers for COD: Ghosts right now are referring to Activision providing said dedicated servers. People's posts are not about "if" someone can get a dedicated server through a third party. They are about Activision and when/where they are providing them. All of the posts have referred to this. No offense, but your posts are coming across as kinda douchey and condescending since it isn't relating that much to what folks are posting about.

LOL, there are lots of COD: Ghosts dedicated game servers running intermittently right now in Australia hosted via private match. Are there dedicated servers hosted by Treyarch on Wii U (not just in Australia)? The answer is a big NO. There's no dedicated server on the Wii U. Not even a hybrid dedicated server. I think it's a lie from the beginning. The Wii U gamer population is very small (barely reaching 2,000 when actively gaming). Why would Activision even bother on such small number? It's time to move on. Just play COD: Ghosts. Nothing will happen as far as dedicated server hosted by Treyarch. It's a waste of time complaining about the lack of dedicated servers.

BobbyMcGee

no, it isnt. a dev posted less than a month ago we were getting dedis that would be run by activision, none of this illogical, expensive, time consuming crap youve been posting about in every thread you answered. a few weeks ago you were asking how they even work, nobody wants or needs your advice.

Ive been playing blops2 for about a week now, game runs smooth as hell, 2200 players online last night. Not touched ghosts in 5 weeks, probably never will again, atrocious game, its not even the lag alone, its the game in general, its dull as hell

LOL, you really don't get it. There's already a dedicated server on Ghosts. It's part of the deception by Activision. If you expect for a dedicated server run by Treyarch then you're a fool cuz there's not gonna be any. For once why don't you take a look of what's really causing the lag. You can complain & complain about lag, latency, etc. but nothing's gonna happen.