21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 8:22 PM by LadiiJokerxx RSS

the entire clan vs clan theme seems like a flop

the clan wars node control thing is just who no lifes in a 6 player party the longest, some clan in my division has over 300 clan points because they literally just play all day - you can take a node at any point in the day and 30 minutes later you'll lose it back to them

also heard of a lot of people having a 6 clan member party, joining a game, and then flooding the game with more clan members just for the sake of letting the other 6 win as easily as possible

there is no thought required to this, just who has more free time and who can stand playing the game longer than everyone else

the 4v4 clan wars playlist is terrible, it's just a pointless moshpit with random clans and less than 100 players at any given time

please put some additional thought into these things, especially if you're going to gate rewards behind them

• Re: the entire clan vs clan theme seems like a flop
          NaTuReS_FrEaK

lol just ask Izjar11 we are getting annihilated by the clan above us 130 or so CP to 12 or so for us lol

seppe_G60

WHy going for nr1, first 3 gain the patch of the campeign... In 2  clanwars, only 3 clans active in each division...

waxon81

My clan won the first round easily!

mind you....... We won with just over 40cp. That was in platinum division. We thought this was great. Now fast forward to this week, we have zero cp. yup ZERO!  the top few clans are dominating the nodes and we literally have no chance to catch up.  The first week was just pure luck to be put in a clan war with teams who simply weren't playing (first week of clan wars and all...)

We have four members (until yesterday that was 3) and if the clans your playing against have a few more members or recruit a whole bunch then you can forget it. Also, I have a life. I work full time, have 3 kids and a wife and only get to play 3 nights a week. I cannot compete with jobless stoners who spend every waking hour racking up cp.

ctandc72

Don't feel bad. My clan is @ 30 members.  New clan started in Ghosts. Almost all of us have played together for a long time.

They put us in Platinum Division.

First Clan war - we scored over 200 CP and got 2nd place.

Current Clan war - over 200 CP and likely to take 2nd again - apparently the opposing clan has figured out how to post 18 HCTDM wins in less than 5 minutes with 7 members online?  As in they flooded the lobby (late at night HC lobbies are harder to find.  Wait until you get "waiting for more players" and have your friends join your game. There ya go - almost instant forfeit and 6 wins for your clan.

The vast majority of us are working adults.  We have  a few college students who can put in some time during the day.  Another group who work night shift and play during the day.  Didn't matter apparently.

Highwayman0226

Funny you mention this.  We had a full group last night, but more friends kept logging on and joining our lobby.  By the end of it, we had 4 friends on the other team.  I think we won all but one match, but it was far from instant forfeit.  They were definitely trying to beat us, which made the whole night a lot of fun.

My clan does this all the time. we have too many people on at one time for a single party so we have the rest join the game lobby and play hard against each other. Both sides trying hard to win, not even close to an instant forfeit.

I think it is a lot more fun playing against the people you know and play with quit often.

rlbl

The interesting thing about this (a follow-up of what can happen by this example):

• 6 members of a clan join a lobby and play.
                            • game after game, people leave the lobby and other members of the clan join in.
                            • Eventually, you have clan members on both teams (let's say in the extreme example the lobby is 1 clan)

It does not matter how the game goes: all members try to win, one team just sits there and allows themselves to get pummeled, etc...

Every game the clan scores 6, no matter what.

I think IW should have thought about this and put a fail safe:

- if members of a clan are on opposing teams: 0 score for clan wars (or at least subtract the score by the number of members on the losing team).

That is not necessarily true. I have seen it plenty of times by other clans and my own clan where we have a group and more of our members join the game and play hard against each other. Both sides wanting to win.

Why should they put something in so that they do not get a win one way or another if one of their members is on the other team? 

I say they should have put clan wars in the CvC with all game modes and the bonus for holding a node go to that game mode in pub matches as well as CvC for that game mode only. That way solo players wouldn't be matched unfairly against clans in clan wars, and so people wouldn't think the clan is cheating by going up against members of their own clan. But the problem with that is timing to get enough members for each clan since people live in different time zones and have very different schedules.

rlbl

It does not matter if they play hard to win or not (which I stated). The point of why I think that this can be an issue is:

The clan gets points towards the clan wars, no matter what the outcome is.

Example 1: Clan A vs Randoms

Clan A wins = 6 points; Randoms win, Clan A gets 0

Example 2: Clan A vs Clan B

Clan A wins = 6 points; Clan B wins, Clan A gets 0 pts (Clan B gets 6)

Example 3: Clan A vs Other members of Clan A

Clan A always wins, Clan always gets 6 points.  From other discussions, I am led to believe that this happens. If one sees no issue in this, I have no idea what to think about that.

Again, maybe 0 pts is harsh, but it should at least be that pts are subtracted by the number of members on the lesser stacked team (if it is 6 v 6, then 6-6 = 0)

AhShay83 wrote:

I say they should have put clan wars in the CvC with all game modes and the bonus for holding a node go to that game mode in pub matches as well as CvC for that game mode only. That way solo players wouldn't be matched unfairly against clans in clan wars, and so people wouldn't think the clan is cheating by going up against members of their own clan. But the problem with that is timing to get enough members for each clan since people live in different time zones and have very different schedules.

Agreed