4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2013 2:07 AM by COLMAT RSS

ghosts xbox one udp flooding in MP game detected

Dear friends,

I have a huge problem playing CoD Ghosts on an XBOX ONE. Singleplayer game works fine. After connecting to XBOX Live (takes quite a long time - servers are currently on DC 4) either one of the following happens:

a) Search game -> Ghosts crashes and I am back in the dashboard

b) Search game -> found -> level loads -> Ghost crashes (back in dashboard)

c) Search game -> found -> level loads -> can play level -> Ghost crashes (back in dashboard)

I am an IT professional so I checked the routers fw log: It says "UDP flood detected". The routers log does not reveal any additional information (mainstream router). I changed the router to another model but same thing. I moved from WIFI to cabled network but same thing. UPNP not supported by router. All inbound ports 88/UDP, 3074/UDP+TCP, 53/UDP+TCP, 80/TCP, 500/UDP, 3544/UDP, 4500/UDP opened to XBOX ONE.

Also re-installed CoD Ghosts already (i.e. re-downloaded it cause it came as a bundle with the ONE). Does not help.

Any ideas? Currently, MP game play is like random number generator - only works in 1 of 10 tries.

Thx.

• Re: ghosts xbox one udp flooding in MP game detected
          FalconR6

You are an IT professional - so I guess you know what you are doing re setting up console / modem.

Is your NAT both open on console and in-game?

Thanks for the response.

Still having problems after having exposed the XBOX One to the Internet. So there is no firewall of any kind in between my XBOX and the WWW now.

Am I the only one seeing that the network facility of CoD Ghosts seems to be 'rubbish'? Connections to XBOX Live take very long, game often goes back to dashboard for unknown reasons, game freezes (i.e. real crash) sometimes. In my opinion, this stuff was not thoroughly tested. Btw, there is no hardware or cooling problem with my box, other games work like a rock.

When I still played CoD Blackops II on 360, I got two times a survey asking me how the network experience of the recent game was. I think that the guys misunderstood the surveys answers and coded nasty things maybe to get better throughput or lower latency or both. BUT THIS STUFF DOES NOT WORK RELIABLE!!!

Please debug.

Thx.

maccabi

COLMAT wrote:

Dear friends,

I have a huge problem playing CoD Ghosts on an XBOX ONE. Singleplayer game works fine. After connecting to XBOX Live (takes quite a long time - servers are currently on DC 4) either one of the following happens:

a) Search game -> Ghosts crashes and I am back in the dashboard

b) Search game -> found -> level loads -> Ghost crashes (back in dashboard)

c) Search game -> found -> level loads -> can play level -> Ghost crashes (back in dashboard)

I am an IT professional so I checked the routers fw log: It says "UDP flood detected". The routers log does not reveal any additional information (mainstream router). I changed the router to another model but same thing. I moved from WIFI to cabled network but same thing. UPNP not supported by router. All inbound ports 88/UDP, 3074/UDP+TCP, 53/UDP+TCP, 80/TCP, 500/UDP, 3544/UDP, 4500/UDP opened to XBOX ONE.

Also re-installed CoD Ghosts already (i.e. re-downloaded it cause it came as a bundle with the ONE). Does not help.

Any ideas? Currently, MP game play is like random number generator - only works in 1 of 10 tries.

Thx.

only time a log would show udp flood detected is when you are being ddos'ed or you have set up a weird dns thats throwing back too many look ups , as you're using the xbox one. I think the solution to your problem lies in the  latter...

go into your router settings and disable ipv6 reboot router try again

SavageHam

Salutations COLMAT,

Thanks for explaining your situation. I see that you have some of the port numbers for both the Xbox Live servers as well as Call of Duty Ghosts. The issue may be that since you haven't listed and opened all ports, your router may be confusing legitimate data packets as threats. Here goes some ports that may help:

Xbox Ports:

53, 80, 3074 TCP

53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500 UDP

Call of Duty Ghosts Console Ports:

80, 81,443, 3074, 5223 TCP

36081, 3074, 3075, 3478 UDP

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
                ^AJ