47 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 5:38 PM by Bielsalmighty RSS

Player movement in the ghillie suit...

rankismet

First off, this is personal observation and my opinion. On both X360 and X1, people that I find in the ghillie suit are moving... odd.

They seem to move faster.

Their weapon seems to ready up faster.

They flash around corners.

They often seem to skate/glide.

They are never sitting still.

That's the funny thing... the ghillie is for concealment but most are running around like a shaggy carpet.

Which makes me think...

... they also agree with the above bullet points.

Am I the only person to have this reaction to peeps in the Chewbacca costume?

Just curious.

• Re: Player movement in the ghillie suit...
          ukscorpz

LOL I thought the same, I swear those suckers soak up more damage too!

Its probably my imagination tho lol.

Robwolves

I have to be honest, I haven't noticed anything odd about the way they move. I do like the shaggy carpet reference. Next time I kill someone in a ghillie suit, I may have to go and wipe my feet on them afterwards.

Appears to me that they have a bigger hitbox.

r33k

i stopped using mine. you appear to be bigger. the hit box is probably the same, but your visual presence is larger. that is, unless you use it for its intended purpose. if you run and gun with a gillie suit, its probably hindering you.

rankismet

r33k wrote:

i stopped using mine. you appear to be bigger. the hit box is probably the same, but your visual presence is larger. that is, unless you use it for its intended purpose. if you run and gun with a gillie suit, its probably hindering you.

Why you would run that suit and not use Incog... is beyond me.

solaripicasso

I think they are bullet sponges. The Super-Chewbaccas especially in HK seem to be impervious to bullets!

Wow I thought I was the only one to notice this!

MOULDYB4LLS4GN4

I dont mind the "shaggy carpet" i like having it and i do agree it makes you a bigger target especially on

Sovereign. The only thing I wish they would add in this game for players like me that have different tactics per map (sniping on stonehaven or running on chasm) is give you the option to pick which maps you where the suit on or at least make it so you where it only on sniping maps or sniping class (COD4) I think its a hassle to switch during the quick intermission between games to where the suit or not.

rankismet

MOULDYB4LLS4GN4 wrote:

I dont mind the "shaggy carpet" i like having it and i do agree it makes you a bigger target especially on

Sovereign. The only thing I wish they would add in this game for players like me that have different tactics per map (sniping on stonehaven or running on chasm) is give you the option to pick which maps you where the suit on or at least make it so you where it only on sniping maps or sniping class (COD4) I think its a hassle to switch during the quick intermission between games to where the suit or not.

Yeah... ghillie should be tied to certain weapons.

Perhaps future titles.

deamonomic

rankismet wrote:

MOULDYB4LLS4GN4 wrote:

Perhaps future titles.

why? Once again players are caught up in the traditional role for something. such as snipers use ghillie suits. But A ghillie suit is meant to help you avoid being seen. Now that doesnt mean that you cant run and gun with it on, and infact you will likely stick out more, but keep in mind that at some point we all have to move.

MOULDYB4LLS4GN4

I'm not just saying only snipers have to use it. I'm just saying when you are wearing a ghillie suit on a map that is just indoors like sovereign it isn't helping you "not be seen". Your a walking bush in the middle of a tank factory! You can use a smg or whatever with it if you'd like, but I just want the option to choose which maps I wear it on at least. Just gotta think to yourself, would you wear a suit to disguise you as grass indoors or would you wear a normal tactical outfit?

rankismet

deamonomic wrote:

rankismet wrote:

MOULDYB4LLS4GN4 wrote:

Perhaps future titles.

why? Once again players are caught up in the traditional role for something. such as snipers use ghillie suits. But A ghillie suit is meant to help you avoid being seen. Now that doesnt mean that you cant run and gun with it on, and infact you will likely stick out more, but keep in mind that at some point we all have to move.

A ghillie is designed to break visual pattern of the human form and to allow vegetation or other environmental artifacts to be attached to the suit and allow the wearer to blend in to their surroundings.

Running around defeats the purpose.

I'm not saying a player can't...

... Mouldy would prefer it to be tied to a kit... this was done relative to the weapon in previous titles...

... and I would prefer it be weapon based. It doesn't equal sniper only.

I use the AK with suppressed single fire and thermal scope... it's a sniper rifle.

Base it on the attachments.

ChronoZombie

I'm not saying a player can't...

... Mouldy would prefer it to be tied to a kit... this was done relative to the weapon in previous titles...

... and I would prefer it be weapon based. It doesn't equal sniper only.

I use the AK with suppressed single fire and thermal scope... it's a sniper rifle.

Base it on the attachments.

My favorite system until now was Black Ops 1, where the ghillie suit, or other appearances, were based on your perk 1.  If you took the stealth perk 1(Ghost), you got the ghillie suit, if you took flak jacket for perk 1 your character had some body armor, and so on- this makes much more sense than tying appearance to the weapon, and I was sad to see BO2 did not keep that system.  I don't use ghost on my snipers, so why would I have a ghillie suit on them?

In BO1, I had a stealth shotgun class with ghillie suit and silenced SPAS, and it was awesome.  I am glad i can do that again now if i want to (in about 400 more chrome barrel kills).  Letting us pick any outfit is better than locking it down to something we may not want.  Running around in a ghillie may defeat the purpose, but it is fun.

silvasnipa

I second your observations on the ghillie suit. I have nothing against people using it, or using it on non snipe classes, but it does not seem to work properly regardless of the perks on the person. Without fail they seem to lag around as if using speed perks and tank a ton of shots. It is regardless of map, I have this problem even when in environments where ghillie does not help conceal or make recognition any harder.

admunday

Coyulnd't tell you, I've barely seen anyone in a ghille suit moving.  Normally they just sit in a corner.

Bielsalmighty

I dont get the big fascination with the ghillie suit. I'm a lot more keen to get my hands on the bodycount outfit.

I have a Ghillie suit and i die just as fast and anyone else. The Ghillie suit is visual only just like the wolf skin. doesn't make it any better

masterg671

Does anyone else lag issues and hit markers or absence of bullets when facing a guy with the Gillie Suit?

nicedrewishfela

Just more of em to shoot, babe.

THExVeng3anc3

The Ghillie Suit has normal sized hitboxes, normal health, damage, movement speed, everything.  Check out the Youtube video by Drift0r on hitboxes.  In order to unlock it they need to snipe, which means they're probably either good at QSing or play a lot and are good because they play a lot.  Probably the reason that people with ghillie suits are always moving and stuff is because they were once snipers (QSrs) and have learned that staying still doesn't help.  Also, they run Ready-Up because that's a sniping/competitive thing, they know how to "pop out" fast because that's a QSing thing, and they run Agility because that's a QSing thing. 

Really, though, you should go to Youtube and type in "Driftor hitboxes" and watch the video that has a blue background, says "hitboxes" on it, and has a picture of a dude with a ghillie suit on it.

rankismet

THExVeng3anc3 wrote:

The Ghillie Suit has normal sized hitboxes, normal health, damage, movement speed, everything.  Check out the Youtube video by Drift0r on hitboxes.  In order to unlock it they need to snipe, which means they're probably either good at QSing or play a lot and are good because they play a lot.  Probably the reason that people with ghillie suits are always moving and stuff is because they were once snipers (QSrs) and have learned that staying still doesn't help.  Also, they run Ready-Up because that's a sniping/competitive thing, they know how to "pop out" fast because that's a QSing thing, and they run Agility because that's a QSing thing. 

Really, though, you should go to Youtube and type in "Driftor hitboxes" and watch the video that has a blue background, says "hitboxes" on it, and has a picture of a dude with a ghillie suit on it.

Or they boosted their butts off because 40%-50% of the COD community is not sniping.

Again, I am not saying the hitboxes are different... but the character skin is larger. Both in height and width. I don't know if the character frame is different. I suspect it is not which is why they look funny as they move. In fact, I think the hit-box is unchanged. So, having a larger skin with a standard hit-box makes there more target to miss.

Watch how they run. It's not the same.

The perks have zero to do with what I am observing.

Bubbakush

i haven't noticed the gliding and weird movement by people running the chewy skin. but i have noticed there hit boxes seem to not fit there frame on the one. i don't know if this is just lag comp but i have had them dead in my red dot and watch them eat the rounds and dance away while anyone else in the game melts when i line them up.

BlackHawkxx

I thought i was the only to have this problem and just thought my aim was of but for some reason ghillie suits take a huge amount of hit markers and are very hard to kill, its bugging me quite a lot, i really dont think ghillie suits were a good addition to the game

admunday

BlackHawkxx wrote:

I thought i was the only to have this problem and just thought my aim was of but for some reason ghillie suits take a huge amount of hit markers and are very hard to kill, its bugging me quite a lot, i really dont think ghillie suits were a good addition to the game

Ghillie suits have been fully tested.

They have no additional heath or defense, other than thevisual effect of the camo.  The only slight oddity is that whilst the Ghillie is overall bigger, the hit boxes are exactly the same size meaning you can shoot parts of the camo and not get hits. In fact, any outfit you wear, in whatever gender, the hitboxes remain exactly the same size.

rankismet

admunday wrote:

BlackHawkxx wrote:

Ghillie suits have been fully tested.

They have no additional heath or defense, other than thevisual effect of the camo.  The only slight oddity is that whilst the Ghillie is overall bigger, the hit boxes are exactly the same size meaning you can shoot parts of the camo and not get hits. In fact, any outfit you wear, in whatever gender, the hitboxes remain exactly the same size.

Yes...  hitboxes are the same because the character frame is the same. However, the Wookie suit is a larger skin. The is causes the hitbox locations to be off and why the movement looks so odd.

It's an XXXL skin on a L frame.

BlackHawkxx

i don't understand how they thought that bringing in ghillie suits into the game was going to be a good idea, i understand on like battlefield where snipers are used on the large open maps to pick people off but on a game thats supposed to be fast paced and smaller maps its stupid all you see is people with MGs running around in a wookie suit, the least they could do is ban the use of them unless you have a sniper equipped

Gysr

Oh no they found out…

Just kidding. Your a fool to think that they would give hidden perks to a random suit.