30 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 9:19 AM by BlackhawkbillOO7 RSS

Clans in pub matches

ghosts is a very fun game but one thing i think infinity ward is doing wrong is the way they are doing clan wars.... they are promoting clan wars, which i think is smart but executed poorly.. the way it is now you get bonus exp. for clans in basically every game type which causes clans of 4 or more to be in almost every lobby and its hard for a team of randoms to win basically ghosts promote clans to pub stomp. they need to add the clan war bonus in clan vs clan only not public matches or create a mercenary playlist.

• Re: Clans in pub matches

My clan does not play CvC because it is all core. We typically only play hard core. I originally thought the clan wars were going to be in the CvC only. They could have put the clan wars in the CvC with all the game types, including core and hard core, and give the bonus in that game type even when not in a CvC.

Izjar11

PS4L wrote:

ghosts is a very fun game but one thing i think infinity ward is doing wrong is the way they are doing clan wars.... they are promoting clan wars, which i think is smart but executed poorly.. the way it is now you get bonus exp. for clans in basically every game type which causes clans of 4 or more to be in almost every lobby and its hard for a team of randoms to win basically ghosts promote clans to pub stomp. they need to add the clan war bonus in clan vs clan only not public matches or create a mercenary playlist.

But what your are proposing that is that those players who cannot play with others cannot participate in the clan wars. NO, its best as it is. For the solo / random players tough luck.

i miss stated myself in the original msg i agree with rsetters statement.

DWeitl

tis true tis true

TG-ThoMz

The worse part of clans in public matches is that it completely throws matchmaking out the window.. You can have 6 .3's playing against 6 1.5's.. which is just a match that should never happen.

theroc23

I find it hard to believe that there's anything resembling fair matchmaking in this game. Nine out of every ten games I'm on a team that either wins or loses by 30+ kills. One out of ten games is somewhat competitive. The fact that there appears to be something almost predetermining the winner before the game even starts is probably my biggest gripe.

rsetters

This is so true. Blowouts seem to be the standard. I am either on the team going 65 to 20 or the reverse. It is rare to have a good competitive match. I think it is a combination of poor matchmaking and serious lag. I am sure someone will come in and tell me there is no lag to which I preemptively say: Bullhockey.

Izjar11

rsetters wrote:

This is so true. Blowouts seem to be the standard. I am either on the team going 65 to 20 or the reverse. It is rare to have a good competitive match. I think it is a combination of poor matchmaking and serious lag. I am sure someone will come in and tell me there is no lag to which I preemptively say: Bullhockey.

up until recently people were complaining that games were ending by the timer, and the games were very close (since the release of this game I have seen more tied games than the previous two titles). Now that Clan wars has begun ,yes games are ending sooner and the loss is inevitable but thats the nature of the beast, run solo and play with randoms = random results. Dont expect anything differently.

phxs72

"run solo and play with randoms - random results"

This is so true.  I run solo a lot and my experience is this is exactly what happens.  Sometime you get a good team and can beast the other team.  Sometimes you are on the Jimmy no thumbs team and can't hardly move before getting dropped repeatedly.  And then there are the matches that are inbetween.  If you are a solo player, you have to accept the fact that your w/l and sometimes your kd are going to be heavily influenced by the skill or lack thereof of your teammates.  Solo play is not for those that cherish their stats.  However, a strong solo player often can easily beat a clan player with 2 or 3 times the kd just because he's already used to dealing with so much adversity.

rsetters

This is true but your attitude seems awfully harsh. Not everyone has the time for a clan. Mind you I am in a clan and I do not always get to play with them. Screw you if you are not in a clan seems to be your attitude.

Izjar11

rsetters wrote:

This is true but your attitude seems awfully harsh. Not everyone has the time for a clan. Mind you I am in a clan and I do not always get to play with them. Screw you if you are not in a clan seems to be your attitude.

I run a clan of 50 individuals, and I only play with two or three the most and that's rare. I play solo, I know the frustration of running with randoms, but it is what it is. This game is better played with others. Im not harsh, im telling the truth.

SpRiTz_Exoduz

I do admit it can be frustrating playing solo against a clan, however they do give you the option to party up with randoms you just played with via the recent players menu. However I do sympathize as I too, thought clan wars would be its own game mode.

Schoat333

I just play squads when I am solo, which happens to be more than I like. I tried playing online solo, but like the OP said, you are always matched against a clan, or dumped into a game that someone dipped out of. It just not worth my time to even try without at least one other person working with me.

I think the game needs to allow for solo game play in mix with the clan wars... everyone should participate.  My reasoning is simple... if you are a small clan, 3 or 4 members and you enter a lobby with a clan of 6 members, if they don't allow open gameplay for solo players, then it will always be a 3 or 4 on 6 matchup.  Unless we are talking about purely camping the whole game or the smaller clan is just that legit, I don't see otherwise how the matchup will ever be fair or equal.  Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of unfair/unequal things about clan wars, but in this instance, I think it makes sense to keep the game mode wide open.  And on the flip side, it gives solo players the chance to work together with a team and earn experience, clan or no clan in a lobby, who cares if they are a clan or not. 

Also, I can get five of my friends to jump online with me and join up in a party and we are just as much as a clan than anyone else.  I think the issue is, is that people are too afraid to lose... that's silly, the game is about winning and losing.  The real argument is that you are against parties of players, not clans in pub matches

TheBeastlyDude

Clan Players are not necessarily better than random players. The difference, for the most part, between clans and randoms is that a clan will communicate. If you are playing with randoms and not communicating, that is on you. This game, has a bunch of TEAM based modes and if you feel you rather go it alone, there is a Free For All play list.

Complaining about clans is like complaining about IEDs. You know they'll kill you but you got ways to beat it, if you so choose to.

BlackhawkbillOO7

Holy crap!!! I thought for sure all the things to complain about were covered…Lag, Camping, Rushing, Map Sizes, Head Glitches, Hackers, etc… But alas, I was wrong…Now someone wants to complain about Clans…OMG!!! Heaven forbid someone play Team Death Match with a Team…LOL!!! Whatever…WOW!!! 

TheBeastlyDude

BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

Holy crap!!! I thought for sure all the things to complain about were covered…Lag, Camping, Rushing, Map Sizes, Head Glitches, Hackers, etc… But alas, I was wrong…Now someone wants to complain about Clans…OMG!!! Heaven forbid someone play Team Death Match AS a Team…LOL!!! Whatever…WOW!!! 

Fixed it for you. Forget playing with a team, just imagine if random players played as a team. In the end, that is all that clans are; a team of random players who play AS a team.