5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2013 10:15 PM by Yppecaye_the_Dogged RSS

Forum Issue

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

How do I fix this error:  "Your content cannot be saved due to an error (referenced above).  If the problem persists, please contact a moderator."

No error messages is posted "above."  And this only happens in certain threads while I have no problems posting in other threads.

Cleared cache, restart browser, log off/in, etc. etc.  No dice.

• Re: Forum Issue
          maccabi

its a very long standing issue with the forums ..

only fix i ever found was when that message comes up, copy and paste what you wrote, cancel the replying post and reply again and paste in what you wrote

Foxhound-Pro

If you haven't noticed you can close a reply and then open it again later with a prompt to use an old draft. I think that isn't being saved properly which flags that warning. If you submit the post I do believe it'll carry through.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Yes I noticed the "Recover" or "Delete" option after I cancel a post because of the error.  I'll try to reply again and most of the time I will get the Recover/Delete options.  I'll then try again by selecting "Recover".  The original post is usually saved verbatim but when I try to "Comment" again, same error.

Funny what I tried right now was just to write the word "Test" and it worked.  When I tried to edit the post by inserting the original posts (three short paragraphs), error again. 

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

All right. I got it working.  I was suspecting maybe there are words or letters combinations that would cause the error.  So, I took out the letters I suspected might be problems.  I PMed the four letters to you because including them here caused the error too.  LOL.