1 2 3 4 Previous Next 103 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 5:20 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
        RunAndGun1

Thanks for this post. It really helped me reconsider my own approach and look into adapting a new one. Plus, thanks for sharing your load out. I'm going to try it out and some variations of it,

• 11. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

Three things from an anti-camper...

In any game mode aside from TDM I will take some guy that goes 25-25 over someone who ends 12-0 camping in some obscure part of the map picking people off any day, I guarantee you he contributed more to the win and if you end up losing its because that 12-0 camper doesn't know how to operate outside of his tent and expects that his 12 kills on irrelevant members of the opposing team are contribution enough.

The number of spots in this game with only one way in and out are very few, any camp can be blown up by a half competent player with an anti-camper class the second they know you are camping.  This is followed usually by the camper returning to that said spot and dying quite a few times as his class is aimed towards holding a camp, not clearing one.  Then said camper will usually run around looking for somewhere else to camp but at that point its rinse and repeat and the camper that started out 7-0 ends up 8-12.  I've seen it time after time.

The only real effective camping happens in lobbies filled with randoms lacking any communication at all, and if it makes you feel good that you can successfully camp in lobbies like that then great more power too you.  I'd prefer you all grow a pair though and realize that its a videogame and the world aint gonna end if you die a couple times, tired of ending TDM games with the score only at 50 something and the clock running out because 90% of the people are hiding in corners on both teams and theres no one running around for anyone to shoot.  Its okay though those are the games guys like me rack up 30+ kills

• 12. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
            Izjar11

Oldurtay wrote:

In any game mode aside from TDM I will take some guy that goes 25-25 over someone who ends 12-0

Say what? Someone who went negative is better than someone who went positive? HAHAHA I've heard it all now!  Go to show how backwards some of our "beliefs" are. No insult oldurtay' but your reasoning is not conducive to a win.

• 13. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

I'll elaborate then.

• Kill Confirmed: Few campers will actually leave their tent to confirm a kill, ill take the negative guy running around grabbing and denying tags over him any day.
              • Search and Rescue: Same as above, and even more frustrating when you have to kill the entire enemy team twice in one round...
              • Domination: Most tents near key objectives are well known and easily cleared, therefore most campers end up camping off away from the action assuming that their few kills are helping, I will take the guy running around capturing points and dying to defend them anyday. (the most obvious example of this is all the Restaurant campers on Stormfront Dom, you are too far away from A B or C to do anything and yet there are multiple people there every game)
              • Cranked should be obvious
              • Blitz is the one case in all of these where a good camper can help you a lot.
              • 14. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

Oldurtay wrote:

In any game mode aside from TDM I will take some guy that goes 25-25 over someone who ends 12-0 camping in some obscure part of the map picking people off any day, I guarantee you he contributed more to the win and if you end up losing its because that 12-0 camper doesn't know how to operate outside of his tent and expects that his 12 kills on irrelevant members of the opposing team are contribution enough.

The number of spots in this game with only one way in and out are very few, any camp can be blown up by a half competent player with an anti-camper class the second they know you are camping.  This is followed usually by the camper returning to that said spot and dying quite a few times as his class is aimed towards holding a camp, not clearing one.  Then said camper will usually run around looking for somewhere else to camp but at that point its rinse and repeat and the camper that started out 7-0 ends up 8-12.  I've seen it time after time.

The only real effective camping happens in lobbies filled with randoms lacking any communication at all, and if it makes you feel good that you can successfully camp in lobbies like that then great more power too you.  I'd prefer you all grow a pair though and realize that its a videogame and the world aint gonna end if you die a couple times, tired of ending TDM games with the score only at 50 something and the clock running out because 90% of the people are hiding in corners on both teams and theres no one running around for anyone to shoot.  Its okay though those are the games guys like me rack up 30+ kills

Could not disagree more with point 1. Someone who get 25-25 is someone who has no skill, and got most of his kills probably from shooting someone in the back. If you cannot kill someone without dying before the next kill, you are horrible. If I got two horrible players, I'll take the guy that isn't giving people free kill streaks.

I agree with point 2, because campers are EASY TO KILL. It actually takes skill to be good at camping. I camp and can get 30+ kills, and usually around 5 deaths on good maps, but it isn't easy....since you know where a camper is.....WHY IS IT HARD TO KILL THEM?? Most noobs who camp end up with less than 10 kills in a TDM, they aren't even a threat or worth time getting pissed about.

For point 3, I would say the only time I cannot camp well is if I'm up against a good party, and I have all randoms. But if I'm in a party, with good communication, we can camp the **** out of any team, because most teams are too stupid to know how to kill campers when they're united.....

But let's be honest, if you're in a team with random people, and you're up against a party, why the fck would you want to run around gunning people when your team can't back you up at all? Those are the times you almost have to do some camping, because you can't count on your team to control the spawns or watch your back.

• 15. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

Heres the scoreboard after a Dom game you lost 195 to 200

Player 1 34-30

Player 2 35-40

Player 3 27-35

Player 4  12-2

Player 5 30-20

Player 6 33-32

Who are you going to put that loss on?

• 16. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

I suck at camping, I mean I'm truly terrible at it lol. The faster the pace of a match the better I do. It's like my senses and reflexes improve tenfold when there's complete chaos. I just lay them mofo's down in an instant.

The funny thing about campers tho is that you can actually program most of them. When a camper kills me I rush right back at them 3 times in a row (it's just a game so I don't care about getting killed). The 4th time I take a different route and sneak up on them from behind and teabag their sorry asses Then I take his/her weapon and kill him/her with it, that always pisses them off

• 17. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

The player with the least caps and defends.

• 18. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

And in a hotly contested match such as the one mentioned whom do you think that would be?  The 5 players going for the objective or the man in his tent picking off obscure people that will probably just end up respawning even closer to the objective?

• 19. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

Oldurtay wrote:

And in a hotly contested match such as the one mentioned whom do you think that would be?

That's hard to tell unless you, you know, say what the numbers are. Kills aren't related to caps.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next