1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 103 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 5:20 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

This was a hypothetical scenario that I think anyone who has played Dom has witnessed multiple times, if you aren't catching on to the overall point my guess is more often than not you are the 12-2 guy and trying to argue your usefulness

The point being that if you find yourself on the losing team in a Domination match and you have single digit deaths at the end of the game while everyone else on your team has 20+... Maybe you should pop out of your tent and come help your team win.

• 21. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

Except, once again, kills do not determine caps. You could easily get a large number of kills without contributing to your team at all. Outside of TDM, kills =/= winning.

• 22. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
            ghamorra

I agree, this guy has a very poor concept of what contributions are. In TDM the guy that died 25 times gave the over team a third of their points to win, but he's more of a contribution than a guy that gave the other team 0 points while gaining his team 25. I'm sorry but that's one of the stupidest fukcing things I've ever heard.

• 23. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
              ghamorra

When I post part two I'm going to discuss the tempo at which a camper plays. Sure it's slow on average, but the fact is when the enemy comes attacking they need to have just as fast reflexes as a rusher. I typically camp just outside of a hotly contested area, usually just far enough away that I can see all of whatever high traffic area I'm watching. This doesn't remove from the action but it puts me right on the outside of it.

This means that I'm just as much engaged in the combat as anyone else, only thing is I'm smart enough to keep the action in front of me fighting a 90* to 180* fight rather than a rusher who's usually pushing 360* of combat. A rusher doesn't necessarily need faster reflexes as much as they need to be more aware of a much larger area where I just need to monitor a smaller area.

• 24. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

Hehe sir if you re-read my post I believe we are arguing the same thing, or to a point at least.  That outside of TDM K/D is irrelevant and that I would much rather have someone go even, or possibly slightly negative than the camper who wont leave his tent to defend an objective or grab a tag.

• 25. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

You aren't just as engaged in the combat as everyone else because once the battle is over you are still outside of it, win or lose.  Meaning that should your team lose that battle, you are sitting back and watching as the other team takes the objective.  Meaning that you are sitting back and watching from a distance as your team attempts to take the objective back.  God forbid they run around in the 180 degrees of view you don't have camped out the entire game and your made even more worthless...

• 26. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
                    ghamorra

I can sit near a flag and get 20 kills, and few/no deaths, all of which are defends. Because of this the enemy doesn't take the flag therefore I only need two or three caps to easily get the win. My stats will look something like this:

20 kills

3 deaths

3 caps

But say thee rest of me team really wants to triple cap even though we will easily win the match without the third flag and their stats looks like this:

30 kills

28 deaths

9 caps

Now lets look at this from a more appropriate level rather than just the obvious scorecard which doesn't show defends. Rather than rushing into the enemy spawn and dying unconrtolable for an objective we don't even need to win the match, I sat back and did two things; protect the spawn allowing my team to safely re-enter the map after their suicide runs and protect the flags while my team ignored what really mattered because they have no concept of strategy.

You see camping based on the superficial scorecard which does nothing but reinforce a skewed idea of what a camper does. A camper did far more for the team than a guy who rushes around getting killed a bunch for the sake of "playing" an unnecessary objective.

• 27. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
                      ghamorra

You have the most illogical concepts of combat. You seriously need to rethink how stupid rushing can be. Just because you play "harder" doesn't mean you play more admirably.

• 28. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

Once again the above mentioned strategy would work for randoms only, as I said the only lobbies campers seem too thrive in.  Good luck camping within view of the flag against anyone with half a brain.  Unless of course your talking about the un-contested flag which I'm sure you are from the sound of things, which in-doing so you are leaving your team down a man in the fight for the only flag that will really come into play during an actual game... All to defend a flag which you will get back within 10 seconds or flip to the opposite spawn and take that one.

• 29. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

But mommy said its the effort that counts...

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next