1 2 3 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 2:57 AM by FalconR6 RSS

Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall

gambit1969

Over the last few days more threads have been popping up asking "why was i banned" and "i was banned for no reason", and the usual pleading innocence of any wrong doing,

So it looks like the devs are at least starting to clean out the cheats..

Three cheers for the Banhammer....

• 1. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall
          FalconR6

HHhmm... will there be any apologies from those who stated:  IW don't have a security team,,, why aren't these cheaters getting band,,,, Activision doesn't care, etc.

ALL HAIL BANHAMMER

• 2. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall
            gambit1969

Highly unlikely, most are quick to throw the insults but slow when it comes to admitting they are wrong..

• 3. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall

They don't have a ban hammer or security and the leader board is proof enough those people were probably trolling. Two nights ago I saw hackers using rapid fire hacks on their assault rifles. Did I report them? Yes. Will anything be done? Probably not I mean why should I do have to do their jobs they should be patching the hacks and banning everyone on the leader boards with hacked stats? It's not my job to report every hacker on the leader board nor is it possible I shouldn't have to report players in game hacking they shouldn't even exist I mean seriously. Oh and when I say rapid fire I don't mean modded controller on a semi automatic I mean a fully automatic gun that's shooting faster then all of the smgs. They need to start doing their job since we are the ones paying them it's our money in their pockets the least they can do is provide quality.

• 4. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall
                FalconR6

Adam, I've seen from previous posts that you are an avid gamer and passionate. Cudos for that.

Every Cod has been subject to some level of modding/hacking. Each time, there is a pattern. Community outrage (why is nothing being done),,,followed by bannings/ suspensions/resets,, followed by "why was I banned".

We all get frustrated by those who cheat, especially if innocent gamers are involved. All games are open to modding,, in fact in the PC world it is quite often encouraged by game developers as long as it is beneficial to games.

Ghosts has seen a rise, it seems, in infections. Why - well, some gamers now don't care if their console gets banned because they have a shiney new Next Gen coming. Also, it is a trend it seems that the younger gamers coming through believe "cheating" is acceptable - and don't understand that games are meant to be challenging.

As for Leaderboards - the problem is the security teams just can't do blanket bans - some of those on the "list" are innocent gamers who got caught out. Hence, each ban is investigated by a human - this takes time. Moreover, the security teams first step is to strengthen up the boarders --> did you notice in the first patch there was an "enhance security".

We we would all love a speedier resolution to such things,, alas security teams have a finite amount of resources.

• 5. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall

Yay less hackers.

Too bad they don't do anything in the COD I actually play...

• 6. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall

I understand what you are trying to say and I was trying to edit my post lol. But this security is unacceptable they need stop worrying about how many customers are going to be lost when they start banning. Why? Because they are losing even more customers the more they wait to fix all the game breaking issues in Black Ops 2 there was 1,100,000 players playing on all 4 consoles. On this game there is only 486,000 every day players on all 6 consoles meaning they have already lost more then half of their multiplayer customers the people who buy the DLC basically and the people who pay for extras as well. They aren't going to recover from this if they don't act now the more they wait the more likely this will be last game that customers buy. I am only being so negative and tough on the devs cause one this is unacceptable for a release and two because I want to see them succeed that's why I keep making new ideas for them to look and one day try.

This series has so much potential to be the next every year type of game but the lack of work seems to show more every year. Not to mention they aren't talking to their customers this launch in MW3 they were communicating and trying everything they could to fix it. They even acknowledged that there was something wrong with their spawns and network/servers and tried to fix them every day they even gave us small doses of compensation every week to keep their customers happy. I don't want to see a game like this die because engine is the only one of it's kind which makes the game fun. But the security, spawns, servers/network are unacceptable they need to do something. I wanna actually have an excuse to buy Infinity Ward's next game I don't them to be another Treyarch I want them to be better. What would really help their launches every year is if  they hired more dev teams to make a Call of Duty game they could even ask Bungie for help since they have one of the best networks. Make it where instead of it being just Infinity Ward and Treyarch making a Call of Duty make it where Bungie is making one and Sledgehammer games is making one as well then instead of only two years to make a game every company would get 4 years to make a game.

All I want is for them is to fix this game and ban ALL hackers and patch all hacks.

• 7. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall
                      Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Even if one single lowlife is caught, it's good news.

But lets not mistake something is being done, with all that could and should be done. 

• 8. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall
                        Foxhound-Pro

FalconR6 wrote:

HHhmm... will there be any apologies from those who stated:  IW don't have a security team,,, why aren't these cheaters getting band,,,, Activision doesn't care, etc.

ALL HAIL BANHAMMER

Don't need their apologies to be honest. All we need are players to do the right thing when they encounter cheating and let Infinity Ward sort out the rest. Just like the developers have done for the past three years.

• 9. Re: Looks like the Banhammer has started to fall

Happy that I didn't been to the forum a lot the last few days.

1 2 3 Previous Next