26 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2013 5:46 PM by RAMBONER RSS

MSBS nerf.  Thoughts?

RAMBONER

Personally I hate this.  Why not make all of the guns in each class identical statistically with different skins.  The gun killed fast but was not spammable and news flash all of the guns on this game kill fast.  I did die to it cqc from panic bursts a a few times but I also get knifed or blown up by a car here and there so not a big deal.

I had one class with it and used it some but never felt like it was the best gun in the game.  Much more of a situational gun.  I have also had to burst someone at range 3,4 even 5 times due to the vertical recoil even with a grip.

I did not see that many people using it TBH.  MLG banned it which usually means a nerf was imminent.

• Re: MSBS nerf.  Thoughts?
          NoLifeKing32

Highest ROF and highest damage, was a 2 shot kill anywhere on the body. All of that was scaled back, good nerf.

RAMBONER

Burst ROF is different which makes that statistic irrelevant IMO.  The delay between bursts slow that way down.  Hose a wall for 4 seconds with the FAD then do 4 seconds as fast as you can with the MSBS.  The FAD will bury it for actual bullets in the wall.  Also put the burst fire attachment on any other AR and they were equal to it.  That means they are all OP as well then?

NoLifeKing32

They were, which is why the attachment was scaled back as well.

RAMBONER

I guess I have been killed by the MSBS a handful of times which definitely doesnt define OP.  While it may be statistically more powerful for some reason people prefer to have a full auto.  That gives the accurate user of a burst weapon a high risk high reward gun.

NoLifeKing32

Guns aren't judged by how often you get killed by them. It was a simple gun to use, its base damage was 55 up to about 30 feet, all you had to do was hit the guy with 2 bullets and they were down, it didn't even require precise aiming. Now it does, now its only a 2 shot kill to the head and chest. Now its a high risk high reward gun, as it should be.

RAMBONER

The nerf is done rather I hate it or you like it.  Just wanted to see peoples thoughts.

I watched some videos and saw how it was proven to be technically OP.  That however does not correlate to a how much a gun is used.  Most people did not like the feel for it which made it used much less.  How much people use it SHOULD have a direct impact on nerfing, buffing etc.  A gun that is over the top OP but rarely used doesnt seem to be a problem IMO.

Honestly I dont use the gun much so this doesnt matter much either way to me.  I have just been around long enough to see crybabies get their way with gun, after gun, after gun and I hope this doesnt reflect that trend starting again.

Fact of the matter is if something is so powerful then use it yourself.  However  If it is so powerful that nothing else can compete then it needs fixed.  I just dont see that here.

I liked this gun, and it was a very very good gun in right hands. Did it need nerfing? No. It wasnt OP by any means. And about being panic bursted with this gun on close range.. In my opinion, the knife and built-in commando perk that you can use even when your back is facing the guy your knifing, thats a real problem. If there is one weapon that is OP at the moment, it's gotta be the almighty knife with built-in back-commando.

Gerbera

You could see such a thing with BO1. Last I checked, the Famas, AK-74u, and Galil were the highest used guns and, of course, the Famas got slightly nerfed after a while. It was both quite strong AND highly used.

However, the Steyer AUG, a weapon that, statistically, was equal to the Famas, yet not used nearly as much, was left completely untouched.

RAMBONER

I also do not understand nerfing a gun then nerfing the attachment that could make 7 other guns equal to it.  Makes no sense to me.  If you could use an attachment on any other AR to make them equal to the MSBS then why change it?

recoil could be lowered but it's dumb to die in 2 bullets because some idiot can just panic burst your feet

being a god gun isn't the only reason for something to change

NaTuReS_FrEaK

never felt that this gun was good, for me it always required more then one bursts except unless im really close to someone

gotsomestars

Useless nerf. I can tell you personally if this keeps up I won't be sticking around. To me it's waaaaaay too early in the games cycle to start nerfing ****. Also once again shows MLGs negative effect on this game.

sennalike

Didn't use and now wont bother trying it. As far as panic burst fire goes, try the hb with 3 or 1 bullet burst in hardcore. I use it and it's as close to op as I've come across, and I try to shy away from calling anything op. Like you said, if something really is op then everyone graduates to it and it becomes the only thing you see. So far I haven't seen any weapon stand out above the rest, it's more horses for courses.

They decided to nerfed the one assault gun I haven't really use until today. It's not even a good gun in my opinion. I rarely see anybody use it. They need to rebalance the smgs. I don't see much people using that class.

Izjar11

It is a sad day for Ghost! I detest that they modded it based on a few reactions.

Inforza

it was a good gun but not OP.. nerf is kinda useless

Highwayman0226

Whatever the pros complain about, gets nerfed.  Although, they banned it, so I don't know what the problem is.  It's not a gun I see a lot of, but we play mostly hardcore, where you die fast anyway.

When they nerfed the Kap40 in BO2 right before a MLG event, I checked my stats.  I was killed 7 times by the Kap40.  It was in no way overused in the general population, if anything, it was underused.  Maybe it was in pro circuits?

RAMBONER wrote:

MLG banned it which usually means a nerf was imminent.

Yeah, wont surprise me if the IEDs get nerfed too. I mean, theyre just too pro to put on Blast Shield I guess...

NoLifeKing32

MLG could have loved this gun and they still would have nerfed it. It was very obvious this was going to be the first gun to be nerfed, usage rate, MLG, blame whatever you want, it was going to be nerfed. 2 bullets to the foot being fatal, yeah, thats not gonna last folks.

RAMBONER

I used the gun for two games today and it is now worthless.  The benefit of using a burst weapon was to have a damage advantage.  Now it is no more powerful than the AK, Rem, or 805 when you feather the trigger not to mention its recoil rarely allows more than two bullets per burst to land unless you start at their feet..  There is no plus side to handicapping yourself with an AR that is not automatic now and the burst fire attachment is all but worthless as well.  IF IW changes the recoil profile on the MSBS it may still be salvageable but in its current state it is done.

"Oh but RAMBONE the multipliers to the head and upper body still kill in two shots"  Well the AK and Remington do in 3 and if I miss a couple shots I dont have to wait to send more rounds.  I will send 30 rounds down field before you get your second burst off and kill you in a whoppin 1 bullet more.  That is until the crybabies want the AK nerfed.  Then I suppose they will move on to the Remington.

Way to go cry babies.  Keep on whining and maybe one day they will adjust the game just for you.

On a side note I watch a bunch of Driftor's vids and he was the first to cry about it.  He then later took his comments back having found that all of the other AR's were equal with the burst attachment equipped.  Interesting that a gun was so OP yet could be matched with an attachment on any other gun in its class.