• Re: IEDs Need A Major Nerf.
          dayoldtamales

They have the range of a nuke --- no they don't

They have to power of a nuke --- no they don't

They have almost no delay time --- beep beep beep

They can stick to walls --- so can C4

They are automatic --- so are most of the guns and killstreaks

Blinking light is not obvious enough --- blink blink blink

Way over used in multiplayer --- millions of players, only a handful of lethals

Generally annoying --- *waaahhh*

They make me >:( --- see above

Read please. kthx

RedNight129

Ever heard of blast shield

and to me they just need to make the sound louder and fix a glitch in which a sound isn't made

The only pain for me is when I'm in a match with some lag, the IEDs seem to go off before or during the second beep, and I almost always get caught. (of course, on the killcam all 3 beeps are clear as a bell)  However, that's not a problem that warrants a nerf to them.  Perhaps their detection radius could be slightly reduced (and I mean slightly), and/or perhaps there should be a perk that gives you a delay on when they activate (maybe an additional effect of Agility, but only functions while not sprinting to avoid helping Marathon+Agility users).

gotsomestars

Or they could just leave stuff alone and let the people use the perks that counter it. They've already started to listen to vocal minority cry babies... it can only go downhill from here...

Make no mistake, I'm not advocating any changes to it (I run SitRep on almost all my classes, so you'll never catch me off guard with an IED unless I'm being stupid), I only thought of what might be changed, if anything, to still make them about as lethal but to give some extra way to approach it.

General "moral of the story" when it comes to this kind of stuff: Yes, it may be mildly annoying the times that you get caught by them, but the same could be said about things like quickscoping, campers, lag, run 'n shot-gunners, guard dogs, flinch-headshots, etc., etc.  Unless there's strong, sound, valid reasoning and/or raw data behind a reason to change something, it should just remain as something players quibble about amongst themselves.

Izjar11

Terrible post.

MLDWAY1

Maybe just make them use up 2 equipment/perk points instead of just 1 since they are more deadly/annoying than most other Lethals.

Stop moaning and use sitrep! simple really isn't it?

Shadowelite555

The IEDs are just fine. The people who cry about them aren't. Yeah it sucks when you die from them, but there's a perk to counter explosives. People are not suppose to survive a direct IED explosion. If the IEDs did less damage, then whats the point of the IEDs? The people who want the IED nerfed aren't making any valid cases for it. Saying that it has an explosive size of a nuke is wrong. The MSBS nerf was fair and valid. The IEDs are just fine.

SilentxThriller

You don't even need sit rep! Just don't go running around like a headless chicken. Take some time to think before rushing a room. It does make you miss EMP nades.

Indeed a terrible post. I think everything is great as it is right now and I was even surprised at the MSBC-nerf where they changed multiplers to 0,8 on arms and legs. If anything a buff to the LMGs and perhaps even some of the shotguns would be welcome. Also make Danger Close take up 3 spaces instead of 4 would be something to consider.

Complainers need to be nerfed. The IED is useless and it has two counters if anything it shouldn't have a delay and it should have shorter range I am so over my IED blowing up two seconds before the enemy even gets near it.

Bielsalmighty

BLAST SHIELD. You know what that makes IEDS do? It makes people turn round just in time to visibly crap themselves as I gun them down/stab them. Hell one guy threw down two, I ate them both and still killed him.