5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2013 12:29 PM by rainmaker6 RSS

i feel some changes to streaks are necessary

juggernaut is so ridiculously slow that it takes forever to get anywhere on the maps - you're often dead before you can make the streak useful

loki satellite also suffers the same problem - the maps are too big for the movement speed you have with it

you might get a few kills but you will usually struggle trying to move it across the map looking for people before they get in buildings where they are almost untouchable to the streak

for the first time since cod4 i feel that the highest streak is not even worth using

i get that they were trying to make the streaks so they're not completely dominant, but i don't think that means they have to make them worthless, either

streaks make the game interesting, and with them being so underwhelming, a lot of people just don't get the same joy from getting that "one" game they do extremely well - and so the game has a much larger diminishing return to the fun factor when playing for longer periods of time

i also feel that the satcom should just work as a regular uav without having to stack them, but that's just me being used to it rather than thinking it really needs to be buffed

also please get rid of the smoke clouds kem strikes leave behind once the emp wears off or something

it is so annoying calling one in and then being literally unable to see anything

• Re: i feel some changes to streaks are necessary
          CupcakeBandit

The Assault Juggernaut is actually pretty powerful as long as you run with your teammates. If your alone, go find a corner or stay in areas where there is less routes to be flanked until your team mates are nearby.

The Loki is actually pretty powerful. Use the free AI juggernaut to help you get kills. Throw your care packages in the open and blow them up if they try to attempt to steal it. If they hide, at least your teammate or you can get the care packages. It's a win win situation.

Satcoms are ok. I prefer UAVs better since satcoms don't last too long and are spammed like crazy.

I do admit that getting kill streaks aren't as fun since anybody can get it. If it was harder to get the kill streaks then it would be more rewarding.

The KEM smokes doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it benefits me since most people don't know how to deal with the smoke. It gives a big advantage to pro players since noobs will not know where to go or become confused.

Highwayman0226

I like them how they are.  Nothing is strong enough to completely change the outcome of the game (I'm looking at you BO1 dogs!).

vicx333p

I like the "Eyes-on" feature when someone gets the first SATCOM. It's more helpful than you might think. But yes I do agree, they should buff the higher killstreaks, and although I think they are very fun to use, they're not all that powerful.

veilofmaya

agreed...i would like to feel rewarded for earning a killstreak...i earn a battle hind and iim like "cool...might get 2-3 kills...." =/

rainmaker6

amathyx wrote:

i get that they were trying to make the streaks so they're not completely dominant, but i don't think that means they have to make them worthless, either

streaks make the game interesting, and with them being so underwhelming, a lot of people just don't get the same joy from getting that "one" game they do extremely well - and so the game has a much larger diminishing return to the fun factor when playing for longer periods of time

I said this many times myself since the release of the game. But IW caters to a loud whining minority that endlessly complain about things that kill them. Nerfing should always be the last resort to balancing a game.

The streaks need to be improved with the return of the care pack. You have to give even the lower skilled players an opportunity to get the fun kill streaks or they won't want to play. The unfortunate thing about the whining to nerf stuff is that it often comes from the higher K/D players. So what if a crappy player gets a random chopper gunner or AC130. Learn to deal with it.