10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2013 11:20 PM by amathyx RSS

How do they "pubstomp"?

Whenever I watch a video on youtube it is usually quite impressive. 100+ kills and such.  However when you get a glimpse of the people they are playing against it is always a team full of new players. So I am wondering how these people get put in to these games that are clearly uneven in the skill category?

• Re: How do they "pubstomp"?
          Hvitmalt_Gjerde

What rank where they? Maybe they used low-ranked squad members.

trickster.

something similar happened to my team last night,4 of my team are on 1st prestige and the other  2 of us were on 2nd prestige,but we got put against a lobby of people which consisted of 5 people between ranks 1 and 4 with 0-30 minutes played each and their 6th player was rank 32.

I of course had my best game ever because they were new players and my respect goes out to them for staying in the games we played with them even though they got well beaten.I then backed my team out because i personally felt it was very unfair on them to be placed with higher ranked players.

i dont know how people would want to play new players all the time because if they did they would never personally get better themselves.

I compliment you for demonstrating true sportsmanship, trickster!  Most people I have personally encountered who were pubstomping follow up their pubstomping with a diatribe against the lesser skilled players.  There are still very good players that seem to prefer playing against the lesser skilled presumably so they can enhance their stats.

lobby shopping

simply getting into an easy lobby

some people post fake gameplays - e.g. they have people on the other team that are helping them by feeding kills

They either play on New Accounts or Lobby Shop or Get Lucky. It is quite unfortunate to see that sometimes. a good way to tell is if the person streams everyday they play. This way you actually get to see the games to tell if they are cheating you just for views

You get a full group of great players, make sure you're all close in location. The chance of some one on your team getting host is high (if you play with randoms). Then you stomp the randoms that don't have a connection advantage against your stacked team.

As was said, lobby shopping is a big part of it, keep searching until you find the newbs.  Also, I would say, for every wicked awesome gameplay you see on youtube there are several that the uploader recorded but didn't use because the game was average or bad (Except ElPres, I think he finds the worst ones possible and uses them so he can yell about it, gotta love it)

Also, some of them have an entire team running support streaks and dropping ballistic vests and whatnot as well as spawn trapping the other team (especially in pre-ghosts CoD, I'm not sure if spawn trapping is possible in ghosts)

there can be a bit of spawn trapping with blitz (probably explains why half of the kem strikes you see from pubstomping clans on youtube are in blitz), but with domination they seem to start spawning out even if they only have one flag and you're not pushing it

from my experience anyways

deamonomic

rocco8888 wrote:

Whenever I watch a video on youtube it is usually quite impressive. 100+ kills and such.  However when you get a glimpse of the people they are playing against it is always a team full of new players. So I am wondering how these people get put in to these games that are clearly uneven in the skill category?

think of it this way, they are not getting themselves put into games like that. Consider that for every one game they have up like that, they played 50 or more that were not.