1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 87 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 3:45 PM by nuttin2say Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

ghamorra wrote:

Let's start with map control in DOM.

It's usually in the teams best interest to have a camper somewhere near the home flag. This is an incredibly useful teammate as spawntrapping is a big issue you want to avoid. Having someone securing your spawn point allows you the peace of mind to focus on the B or C rather than fighting your way out your home.

Another reason why I camp the home flag is for the guaranteed points and forcing the enemy not to flip.

Have not read the entire thread yet... but I saw this and jumped at me.

This is a very good thing to do, if (and only if) your team moves into the enemy spawn and the rest of the team is not setup well.  If one is playing on a coordinated team, and communicating well... AND NEVER GOING INTO THE ENEMY SPAWN (lol).. there is no need to have anyone at the base flag.

But: if your team fails at controlling the map (or even 1 person charges the enemy spawn), the enemy will spawn either randomly or at your base (spawn flip).

Maybe off-topic, but I thought I would throw in the DOM101 plug.

• 31. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

100% agreed G

A controlled dom game will see the players:

- have a max of 2 caps

- have a ton of defends

A good defensive team, will be a camping team like it or not.  Not to say that Oldurtay does not make some decent points. The problem is that he has a strict definition of what a camper is (so it seems) and is applying that to everything, not realizing that one can effectively camp, and play the objective.  For him an Objective-Camper, is an oxymoron.

Although I do disagree on the death thing, as it is 100% possible to win a game of Domination without firing a single bullet.

• 32. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

rlbl wrote:

Although I do disagree on the death thing, as it is 100% possible to win a game of Domination without firing a single bullet.

I'm not saying you can't, but if you're whole team is consistently getting 40+ deaths a game (which based on several posts that's what he eluding too) I would call that the ugliest winning strategy in existence. If he plays a good team, which I doubt he is, they'll take those 200 kills and throw it back in your face 20x over in high end streaks. Especially if you can't hold a position, which based on his deaths that looks to be the case.

If Old had a camper on his team who could hold the flags down I think the number of deaths he will have per game will be cut in half. If you dying that much chances are it's because you can't hold your ground.

• 33. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

As an avid DOM player you should do a multi-part DOM 101. You play just about every style so you could give insight where I wouldn't have the experience too.

• 35. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

well, you know... people do not like to be told "how to play". Even if you give tips, people still take it as "you are telling me how to play".

When I play domination, I play for the win, and the win alone. Others play like this:

- I play for kills, and if we win fine... if we lose fine as long as I am positive

- I play for the win, but I do so by being the "slayer" and it is up to my team to back me up

- I play to get streaks, and I feel if I put up streaks it is everyone else to cap

When I was playing with my MFOX friends (which I still do on occasion) we would only play HC HQ (BO1), and HC DOM (MW3) and we barely ever lost (we often went flawless in HQ, and sometimes even in DOM - a feat I never understand).  I have tried before showing people how we did it, but people complained about the strategy, saying we were terrible campers (hmm... sounds familiar)

• 36. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

I saw Jeepchick post something similar, they only used DMH. This is certainly possible, but to expect this strategy to work would be foolish. I've played against teams similar to this and all it takes is someone positioned appropriately and the suicide squad wouldn't make it 3 feet into each DOM point

• 37. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

There is no doubt they would fail more than they succeed, but the point is that it can be done.

As well, they do not all use DMH... I started seeing people do this in BO1 (no deathstreaks).  it is funny to see (I would never do it).

It served as a good example to debunk the theory that a good KD is required to play all obj. game modes.

• 38. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

If you're sitting in the same spot for most of the match, and you're hardly engaging the enemy, then yes THAT style of camping isn't helping your team at all. But if you camp long enough to get a kill, change your placement on the map to a new position, hold that ground, all the while engaging the enemy and getting as many kills as possible, then you are contributing to your team's possible win. The bottom line, is if you're always doing something to get kills and/or hold down an objective then whatever playstyle you're using is helping your team.

Do I like being killed by a camper? Of course not. But I don't like being killed by any enemy players! No difference. Making a blanket judgment about any particular playstyle is arrogant and stupid. Especially if that playstyle is helping your team. Personally, I find the consistent presence of horrible lag in Ghosts has increased the number of campers simply because people want a chance to take out an enemy player before dying. Nonetheless, camping serves a purpose whether you accept the playstyle or not. Agree to disagree, and move on. It's just a game.

• 39. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

You have yet to tell me what you do when the other team grabs B other than sit back and wait for your team to get it back, your "help" can be nullified in countless ways if your expecting to sit back at a distance and provide that help, Dom has to be played at the point of attack or you are going to lose 100% of the time to the team that is playing this way.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next