1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 87 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 3:45 PM by nuttin2say Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
        phxs72

See we are not that far apart in our thinking.  Sometimes the prism just needs to be widened a little bit to see it.

• 51. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
          ghamorra

Old is probably the kind of guy that jumps on a flag whether capping it is possible or not. It's much easier to take a flag with 3 people working together than it is having 3 people jumping on it one at a time in succession.

Will I jump on the 'B' flag and try to take it? Of course. Will I jump on the 'B' solely because we don't have it? No.

I will wait for my team to arrive and secure the flag. Key word being secure. I'd imagine that with your 40+ deaths a game you're not too keen on that idea. You take a flag and abandon it. What's the Hell was is point of playing DOM if you're not going to take care of what you have? If you have more than 6 caps a game I will challenge your strategy. If you have 40 deaths and more than 6 caps I will call your game an unofficial loss.

There's no reason why you can't take the time out of your day to make sure your flag is secure and out of the enemy's hands. Oh, by the way campers can help with that.

• 52. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

You've contradicted your own strategy about 8 times along the way so I'm just done addressing Gham hes full of it.  What he doesn't understand is that any team with coordination can take B at any point in time during the game reguardless of how many **** campers are watching it.  In turn the opposing team can do the same, they just often don't because they don't have the sheer numbers at B because if you needed 6 instead you have 5 and 1 **** camper, if you needed 5 you only have 4 and 2 **** campers etc.

You keep reiterating my point for me If you have 40 deaths and more than 6 caps I will call your game an unofficial loss.

Great ill take that win any day because its an actual win, I guarantee you in the same lobby you either back out or sit back and accept your loss while preserving the only thing that matters to you, your stats.  You think your a better player because you sit back and pad your stats on people who aren't directly going after YOU, I know I'm a better player because I play the Win and I don't lose.  Your W/L is probably under 2 like a joke.

• 53. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
              NoLifeKing32

Your W/L is irrelevant.

• 54. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

"Obviously you never played Bog, Ambush, or Pipeline in COD4. Obviously you never played Fuel or Wasteland in MW2. Obviously you never played a myriad of maps from pre-BO2 games. There have been a lot of maps that provided sniper v sniper matches just as often as they were rusher v camper maps."

Thanks for a list of 5 year old games with applicable maps, what does that have to do with addressing the statement it was though?

"Oldurtay ... I think everyone is trying to engage you in a good conversation. And I think they are doing so because they've all been where you are now, under the belief that caps > kills in Dom (or any other objective mode, for that matter).

That's just simply not true. At the end of the day, as you aptly keep reminding us ... the win is what matters. There's not a guy in this thread that won't go 25 - 40 ... if he has to."

You are all over the place with this statement here too, you say that I am under the belief that caps > kills in objective games, then say that's not true, then go on to say the win is what matters and there isn't a guy who wont go 25-40... if he has to.

Not sure which side of this your on from your statement but the OP says 2 posts below yours that "any game where he dies 40 times he would consider an unofficial loss" so I'm not so sure.

Going 25 - 40 means that the other team is calling in score streaks. Those guys you were playing, they were not playing for the win. For them to be all 3.0+, that tells me those are the kind of guys that get the easy B & C caps then wait for teams like yours to feed them kills. Once that happens, they then bring in the streak rewards to hold down the rest of the match. Someone on your team, probably you, kept flanking them and interrupting their hold on their flag. That allowed them to keep their kills up, but kept distracting from the B flag. That's how you won. I don't even need to see footage of it.

Idk how further off you could be with this one.  Now lets stop excluding information I could care less about their 3.0+ k/ds this was only to demonstrate they were decent competition, the more telling number was their 7+ W/L which I also highlighted, and yes they were very much playing to win you don't win 7 out of 8 games sitting back.  As I also stated the map was Freight, a traditional Dom map with A and C on either side and B in the middle.  Now if you play any Dom in this game you should be fully aware that this, whiteout, and possibly sovereign are the maps where B is most contested due to this traditional Dom layout, along with the sightlines at B being blocked until you are up close, forcing a battle at B, and a spawn flip should you try for the split-cap.  The game consisted of a constant barrage of explosions at B, a steady stream of riot shielders with trophys and rushers to clear them out, and B switched hands about 30 times over the course of the game.  This is simply the type of game you end up with when 2 teams determined for a win face eachother.  Some may start out camping but eventually they will realize or be told by their teammates that they are being less than effective and they need to switch their game up.

Also as far as streak rewards, they are worthless in this game, none of them are game-changing like in previous CoDs and you are doing much more damage to your team by your absence then any you will make up for by camping out a streak.  The ONLY exclusion to this is Maniac in Blitz which can win you games, but that's it.

• 55. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
                  atticus30

I don't know about you guys, but in this game, if you don't have the first site on the other team and the first shot, you most likely are already dead. You almost need a steady spot.

• 56. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
                    nuttin2say

If I recall correctly, you stated something to the effect that COD has never been a "camping" game. My argument did not include maps from every game; rather, I had hoped you could see the point I was making by my inclusion of a few maps from several games spanning a period of six years, not five years. Since you need a more direct explanation, that's fine: Call of Duty has always had maps which had "objective" based game modes (i.e. Domination) in which flags were contested mostly by 1 or 2 guys on each team with the rest of the players in the lobby doing nothing more than killing the opponent who might try to stop the rushers.

Because you misconstrued the first point, I can see how you easily misconstrued the second point. You're arguing that caps > kills in objective based modes. You need only two caps (Because of round switching in BO2, you might need between 4 and 6 total) to win the match. It doesn't even matter which two flags are capped, so long as two of them are capped (technically, you really only need one cap ... if you can prevent the other team from ever capping any flags. Since that's not likely, you need two caps).

Once you cap two flags, the only thing that matters is kills. Why? Because if you kill opponents before they can steal the cap, then there is no need to cap another flag. That's why, in BO2, you saw so many winning teams with fewer caps than the losing team.

In other words, it isn't the volume of caps that wins ... it is the quality of the caps you do get that count. And the only way to improve the quality of a cap is to terminate opponents before they ever get to the flag.

You can play ANY Call of Duty game and realize that B is ALWAYS the contested flag. Oh, sure, there are matches where some other flag may be in contention, but as a rule of thumb, whoever owns B wins. The "constant barrage of explosions at B" is not at all surprising. What's surprising is that you somehow think that there was so much of a battle at B. That's why I said that someone on your team kept flanking for C, thereby distracting the opposing team from focus strictly upon B. It may not have been you that was doing it, but someone on your team was certainly doing it. Otherwise you and your teammates would never have gotten on B to begin with.

Case in point: I don't get many defends. Why? Because I never let you get close enough to a flag to begin with. Letting opponents get into the flag's zone may feed egos, but I'm not there for my ego, I'm there for the win. So, if an opponent is merely moving toward a flag zone, I stop them.

I think G.W. Bush called it ... "preemptive self-defense."

• 57. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

"You can play ANY Call of Duty game and realize that B is ALWAYS the contested flag. Oh, sure, there are matches where some other flag may be in contention, but as a rule of thumb, whoever owns B wins. The "constant barrage of explosions at B" is not at all surprising. What's surprising is that you somehow think that there was so much of a battle at B. That's why I said that someone on your team kept flanking for C, thereby distracting the opposing team from focus strictly upon B. It may not have been you that was doing it, but someone on your team was certainly doing it. Otherwise you and your teammates would never have gotten on B to begin with."

First off there are some exceptions to this, anyone going for a B cap on Stonehaven is looking to get spawn trapped in the castle for the rest of the game against a good team.  There is some other maps where a split cap is also possible due to map design but more often than not your right, B is usually the contested flag.

As far as your analysis of my scenario, it makes me think you may not know these maps I'm talking about very well... On freight your looking at maybe 3-4 overwatch positions on each side, these get cleared out easily and repeatedly as they are all well known and checked.  You keep talking about flanking but the fact is against a good team your dead the second you hit their side of the train tracks.  You can take the underground path but most likely the door is closed and opening it can and will give you away instantly only to have it re-closed.  The game comes down to the fight at B, each team being able to cap B from a location leaving them out of firing range from the other side of the tracks, meaning the only way to kill them is either with explosives, or more then likely they will have a trophy meaning you will have to run to their side to clear them out insuring a death for yourself, but if they have enough at B you still may not be able to clear them out before dying and you lose it.  Then you bring the same gameplan back at them and take it back, do it better and you win.

The simple fact is the reason I don't lose in Dom is because I refuse to not have B, and nothing can stop me and my team from taking it.  Your only recourse is to play the exact same and hope to do better or lose.  The only game we've lost, B switched hands 30+ times and they just happened to have it a little longer, they played exactly like us, we couldn't stop them and they couldn't stop us.

• 58. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

A riot shield with a trophy system and a covered backside is basically an invincible camper proof flag capping machine, campers get so mad!  The smart ones just stand their and stare at you while you cap... the dumb ones, they just unload on you giving away their position and dying instantly.

• 59. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
                          nuttin2say

If that all works for you, great. More power to you. One thing is for certain - there's more than one way to skin a cat in COD.

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next