20 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 6:22 AM by WKMMS RSS

So reload cancelling was OP?!?

According to the fine folks over there at IW it must have been, since they've taken it away.  I'm pretty disappointed by this.  It's been in every call of duty that I can remember and they get rid of it now?  It just doesn't make any sense to me that this would even be on the radar.  There were very few people who even did it from what I saw.  Of all the things wrong with the game and they mess with something that wasn't broken or a problem to begin with.  I don't remember 1 single thread complaining about this.  Does anyone else?

Latest reply: on Dec 18, 2013 6:22 AM by Replies: 20 in GHOSTS XBOX 360
      WKMMS
        • Test #1
          Re: So reload cancelling was OP?!?

I can still cancel my reload with a quick sprint and im pretty sure YY still works as long as you have a secondary weapon. hope this helped

Last Edited: Dec 14, 2013 9:55 PM
            • Test #1

Interesting... so they just stopped it from cancelling the bolt-action on the snipers, or more specifically the L115, since the USR shoots faster normally then if you reload cancel.  That makes even less sense to me now.  If you put the chrome barrel on the USR it does the same damage as the L115, but shoots faster and you can move faster with it. 

Last Edited: Dec 14, 2013 10:03 PM
                • Test #1

makes sense to me considering you have to attach the chrome to reach that potential. so I see no problem

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 12:49 PM
                    • Test #1

I never use chrome barrel.. don't see the point of attaching something that the only benefit is that it allows you to kill to the thigh... my aim is decent enough.  The silencer is a much better choice on the USR because there is zero damage penalty and you get to stay off radar when you fire. 

The L115 feels irrelevant in the face of the USR. 

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 6:01 PM
                    • Test #1

It was a broken mechanic. Shoot a round off from the bolt action, reload cancel, shoot another round. Um, what? How did that round get into the chamber. As for the USR, yeah, its going to be nerfed soon.

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 1:01 PM
                        • Test #1

ya I would call that broken go out to the range with a long gun and let me see you chamber another round without pulling the bolt back...Not bashing your statement just agreeing with it....

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 1:27 PM
                          • Test #1

to be fair, reload cancelling has been available for a long ass time and many people use the other variation of it all the time, which, if we are going to be technical about it, is qually broken and shaves about 1 second off your reload time.   It was only really used before by montage makers, but since they made the RoF so unnecessarily slow on the DSR and now the L115 it had some practical use for general sniping, though taking your hand off the right stick to hit reload and then sprint cancelling and trying to aim and get off another shot requires a bit of co-ordination and is tricky enough to use effectively against an aware opponent. 

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 5:50 PM
                      • Test #1

If you're referring to the snipers, they fixed an exploit which allowed you to cancel a bolt-pull by reload cancelling. Dramatically increasing the ROF of a gun is definitely considered OP.

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 1:02 PM
                          • Test #1

I don't have any real issue with them taking it out, other than the fact that It just doesn't make a lot of sense.  Kind of like when the Ballista had a RoF nerf in BO2, while the XPR-50, which did the same damage and had the same ADS time, but fired waaaaaaaaay faster was left untouched that made no sense.  The real annoyance is that there are sooooo many actual problems with the game that they've still not fixed - this shouldn't have been on their radar IMO.  Reload cancelling the L115 is hardly OP when one could just as easily use the USR and get even better results without the hassle. 

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 5:27 PM
                              • Test #1

The Ballista was always more popular, I barely ever saw an XPR. Plus the Ballista nerf was so small its really hard to notice.

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 6:11 PM
                                  • Test #1

the Ballista was my baby - believe me, I noticed.  I got used to it though.  Most of the sniping community didn't like the XPR - think there's a bit of a stigma about using snipers that can be sprayed. 

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 6:30 PM
                                      • Test #1

Its because XPR was super difficult to use. It was one of my best guns and it is NOT easy.

It has one of the worst sways for snipers in the history of CoD(its useless without constant breath-aiming) and its recoil is so large it may literally be the maximum value. You have to actually time your next shot as the gun comes down from the recoil to get off a good rate of fire.

Its very good, but requires a lot of timing and practice to use effectively. Players lacking sniping experience tended to do horribly with the weapon.

SVU was better for new players but required two shots, unless you aimed at the head for a 0HK.

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 11:38 PM
                                          • Test #1

I wouldn't say it was super difficult to use at all and was probably the best of the bunch for traditional sniping.  I always ran the Ballistic CPU on it so the sway and recoil were minimised.  You're right about timing your shot, but that never stopped people from spamming that trigger in a panic and getting a kill or two. 

Last Edited: Dec 18, 2013 12:30 AM
                                        • Test #1

I Found after the ballista nerd the XPR was much more common and even used it myself, IMO after the nerf it became the better gun

Last Edited: Dec 18, 2013 2:59 AM
                                    • Test #1

I still do it with my guns but i rarely use snipers so that must be why!

Last Edited: Dec 18, 2013 2:23 AM
                                      • Test #1

snipers are such looser's in COD, they along with campers need to be nerfed the chuff out of the community

Last Edited: Dec 18, 2013 3:23 AM
                                        • Test #1

Kind of weird that they patched something that makes sniping harder ?? And has been in every COD seems like a complete waste of time when work could be spent on more important things ! Like that stupid wonder mutt ! Lol

Last Edited: Dec 18, 2013 6:18 AM