39 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2014 3:24 AM by gambit1969 RSS

ps4 framerate problem

hi i was just wonderng if there is going to be a patch released anytime soon to fix the framerate problems for the ps4 version, the game has been out over a month and it still isnt fixed, can it be fixed??
      its just totally unacceptable to have framerate problems on a multi-player game, i get framerate problems all the time, stonehaven map is a mess.

its nothing to do with my connection i  have super fast fibre optic broadband and all my other games including other call of duty titles (on xbox 360) work perfectly, the call of duty ghost servers are very good i never disconnect and have excellent lag free connectoins its just the framrate problem its driving me nuts i feel like trading the game and alot of my friends feel the same way, will u please reply to this thread or am i just wasting my time here?

• Test #1
          Re: ps4 framerate problem

Is it in campaign too or just multiplayer?

Last Edited: Dec 16, 2013 2:14 PM
            • Test #1

yes campaign too when the action heats up and when looking through sniper scope etc, also on mp when there are choppers around etc

Last Edited: Dec 16, 2013 2:18 PM
                • Test #1

Yes as stated above when i bought ghosts for the ps4 the other day i was very surprised to see framerate drops in the campaign(ive never seen this before in cod!) and the odd times there is slowdown in multiplayer.

Never expected this to happen on the ps4 with the hardware inside the console but hey ho thats launch games for you. Still loving the fact its on dedicated servers (or at least i think it is because ive not seen one host migration!).

Last Edited: Dec 18, 2013 10:36 AM
              • Test #1

Yes the game is rotten egg on PS4.  Looks amazing only to be totally sabotaged by the stutters.

No DLC or future iterations for me till Activision can prove they can get this working on PS4 in a way I'm accustomed to on xbox360 since COD2.

Last Edited: Dec 18, 2013 7:48 PM
                • Test #1

Yeah I too have been having this issue, Its annoying as hell I literally just came here to see if anyone else was having this issue,

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2013 5:29 AM
                  • Test #1

The "stutter" and "rubber banding" happens in mutli player all the time.  Its a server issue.  Your connection speed doesn't matter for crap, when the server is running like a sick three legged dog.  Activision wasn't ready for the game release on the PS3 or the PS4 like always. Sadly, I am slowly coming to the point.  Where I will not buy anymore COD games.  To many issues, lame customer support, piss poor game play and many other issues. What a tragic ending to what was a good solid video gaming collection.

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2013 11:21 AM
                      • Test #1

Horrible still. Jan 30 2014. Came here looking to see if my suspicions were correct. Played it silky smooth on the XBOne and poor frame rates on the PS4. Same everything.  Wired condition, receiver, TV,  Bypassed receiver straight to TV on Game mode.

It's 100% the PS4 version.

Using PS3 disk digital upgrade.

This really tarnished my opinion on the PS4 and Activision.

Last Edited: Jan 30, 2014 2:20 PM
                      • Test #1
                        Last Edited: Dec 19, 2013 5:58 PM
                        • Test #1

bluring of the screen when i respond and when a lot of stuff is going on screen

Last Edited: Dec 19, 2013 7:24 PM
                          • Test #1

Just to let you know, it's nothing to do with anyones connection. It's nothing to do with the servers. This is a problem specifically on the PS4. The reason being is because the PS4's hardware is actually too good for the game. The PS4 is trying to refresh the screen faster than the game actually allows, ghosts was made for current gen consoles (ps3, xbox 360) the xbox one does not have a framerate issue because it runs the game at 720p which doesn't look as good as the PS4's 1080p. So xbox one, 360, ps3 are all outputting the game in 720p at a solid 60 frames per second. The PS4 is so much more powerful than them all that it outputs the game in 1080p and is trying to refresh the screen faster than is allowed by the game. So as such the PS4 is trying to do more than the game will allow because it has been that well made. P.S I'm not a sony fanboy, I came from xbox 360 to PS4 purely based on the fact that sony made the better gaming console. Hopefully next year when cod is made for next gen consoles we will see a massive improvement and none of these "framerate" issues should be present.

Last Edited: Dec 20, 2013 6:32 AM
                              • Test #1

well said kaotikneon i also upgraded from the xbox 360 too, i have had enough of thiis game now sometimes its so bad its as if someone is running close in front of me, the game is getting traded thats t i have had enough i bought bf4 and cod ghosts both are broken, i wont be pre ordering no more i will buy my games pre owned from now on when they have been released a while and the problems are addressed and fixed, m sick of spending my hard earned money on broken peces of ****!

Last Edited: Dec 20, 2013 8:47 AM
                                • Test #1

And wheres your proof of this?

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 12:09 PM
                                • Test #1

ok thanks for your feedback people much appreciated as i now know im not the only one having these problems i think some people cant destinguish the difference between framerate/lag problems, shame there isnt an app like fraps for pc im sure people would be able to tell the difference then, as i said in my reply to kaotikneon the game is getting traded and i wont be pre ordering no more games i will buy pre owned when issues have been addressed and FIXED, i knew t would be a waste of time coming here and expecting a reply from activision they are too buisy wipeing their asses with £50 notes, but they wont be getting no more off me, i really hope this game gets fixed for you guys as it drove me insane, their first priority should be fixing this problem and maybe giving away some free dlc or something in return for haveing peoples pants down for so long!

Last Edited: Dec 20, 2013 8:58 AM
                                  • Test #1

haha, you've got bob hope and no hope of getting anything free from AV. There were massive problems with MW3. nothing. they don't listen there have been loads of things that have needed to be sorted with this game... nothing. and in the future guess what nothing will be done! I'm sick of shelling out the dollar too but hey ho as long as everyone keeps buying it nothing will change. A boycott is needed!

Last Edited: Dec 20, 2013 9:08 AM
                                    • Test #1

I am also having these frame-rate issues on campaign and MP.

Last Edited: Dec 20, 2013 10:04 AM
                                      • Test #1

this issue is killing the game for me . stoneheaven is totally unplayable ! we have accepted your old engine game , what should we do more than that to play your damn game !!!!!!!

Last Edited: Dec 21, 2013 6:57 AM
                                          • Test #1

Just to say on this topic and i may be wrong but playing ghosts(yes i came from the 360 to PS4 a few weeks ago) last night for the first time since the small 23/12/13 update  the framedrops where still there but in sp in certain areas where i really noticed it and on certain maps in mp i think it has been reduced a fair bit.

Still not perfect but im sure its improved. I did tweet infinity ward on twitter about this a few days before the 23/12/13 update but as usual no response :/ and yes the stutters do annoy the crap out of me because ive never experienced it on the 360 version or any cod i can remember.

Its alright advertising "runs at 1080p @60fps" but it HAS to maintain the framerate all the time because thats the crucial difference which makes it feel and play and look brilliant and not flawed.

Last Edited: Dec 26, 2013 2:43 AM
                                          • Test #1

update the game and fix the frame rate

so far the game has been ok but the frame drops are killing the game

fix it soon pleaz

Last Edited: Dec 31, 2013 6:24 PM
                                              • Test #1

Yep still has its drops in single player especially ive noticed the underwater chapter at times.

I really dont think they will bother because the money has been made and they think that alot of console gamers are too thick too not notice this imo major issue with the game(considering one of cod's mainstays is a silky smooth 60fps in sp and mp and always has been)

Well there wrong lol. :/

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 2:38 AM
                                                  • Test #1

I was noticing it on every map in the end, when there was big explosions, choppers around etc...

Shame really I just play bf4 now., its also broken I know buy the only issue I have with that game now is that the vehicle sounds cut off at beginning of the map. At least they are working their asses off to fix it av/iw don't give a ****.

It's like going and buying a brand new car and the engine splutters and backfires all the time you just would accept it would you, I dunno why so many do :/

Last Edited: Jan 4, 2014 4:23 PM
                                                • Test #1

Is this ever going to be fixed?????

HELLOOOO CAN YOU HEAR ME ??

You can't just ignore it; it won't go away

Last Edited: Feb 4, 2014 3:03 PM
                                                  • Test #1

Hellooooooooooooo

Last Edited: Feb 4, 2014 3:08 PM
                                                    • Test #1

This seems to be happening to everyone on ps4.

Last Edited: Mar 12, 2014 8:20 AM
                                                      • Test #1

me  too same problem i hate it and i even have a good connection

Last Edited: Mar 23, 2014 11:55 AM
                                                        • Test #1

It is 6th month after the game release and this issue still hasn't been addressed.

10 year old consoles are handling it better than high end gaming PCs and next gen consoles, which is bizarre. For me it seems like they did a PS3 version and just ported it to next gen and PC's without any optimizing. Lazy thing to do, only shows how you care about your consumers.

I can assure you I will never buy another product from Infinity Ward, ever.

Last Edited: Apr 4, 2014 4:11 AM
                                                            • Test #1

have you noticed framerate problems on multiplayer. sometimes it feels like my sensitivity is getting faster on its own and everything looks really glitchy. some maps are worse. free fall seems really bad especially when you are respawning and when theres a lot going on at once

Last Edited: Apr 16, 2014 3:21 PM
                                                            • Test #1

I have been playing since launch night and it has been there all along. Last night I was playing and I realized that it was doing it (stuttering) and I never even noticed or was bothered by it. Is it bad that I don't even notice it now when it happens?

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 5:53 AM
                                                              • Test #1

Has this been fixed yet ??

Last Edited: May 29, 2014 4:09 PM