36 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 1:25 PM by captain_howdy69 RSS

IW really screwed the pooch on this game

I know I will get plenty of "you're bad at the game" and all kinds of nonsense.  Fact remains no one knows how good anyone is based on forum talks.

Ive put in a lot of time in this game (more than I should have)...just over 6 days played and have 4 characters left to prestige (including my current one).  So I like to think I have a decent idea of how the game work.  I maxed prestiged in blops I and II.  And played a lot of the previous CODs.

IW....you sucked at this game.  You have dumbed down this game for gamers who are awful/young/no idea of what to do.  Snipers....way too quick ADS (again).  Marksman rifles....extremely OP.  Riot shields....when did they become the go to weapon in S&D/R?  C4 and IEDs....wow!  Amplify....wow...and whats the point of Dead Silence then?  Maps....you have to have on marathon just to get back in the action since you have to run 5 virtual miles back.  Spawns....what the hell!?  Cap A and B...they have C....sure....have them spawn BACK at A, or jusssst around the corner before I get there.  First shot....doesn't die....killcam says...."noooopppeeee, you actually didn't even fire a single bullet"

Tell me why MLG, and all pro gamers banned nearly half of the nonsense perks, equipment, and maps.  The competitive community has basically said your game is suited for the weekend gamer who can only get kills with IEDs, C4 and riot shield, Amplify, sitting in broken building in Stonehaven, laying prone with a sniper ADSing down the road.  Hell...just "average" gamers, not even the hardcore ones....are wondering how you let this happen.   The very moment I knew this game was garbage was when I see a team of 6 players....and on the microphone may have been 13-16 years old....crouch walking with riot shields like a phalanx in octane playing S&D....chucking C4 with strong arm like a trebuchet, placing 12 (I saw with SITREP) IEDs all over the opposite side they were heading, and nearly unkillable with blast shield on.

Sure...."you should have had on blast shield yourself.  you should have equipped danger close.  you should have had a launcher attachment or panzer."  But come on....really....really?  When MLG bans 30% of your perks, 30% of your maps, all weapons except ARs, SMGs, and Snipers, and nearly every piece of equipment.....who is wrong....me (and other seasoned gamers), or some idiot fast swapping behind a riot shield double tapping X to blow up his C4 he threw at you from the top of Pawn Shop all the way to the Strip Club. (slight exaggeration)

• Re: IW really screwed the pooch on this game
          NoLifeKing32

MLG = irrelevant.

yes this game really sucks and all the bad players are comeing out on top because they can just sit there corner camping it up with there ied's its really sad and snd is ruined  by Riot shields and c4 i love snd but cant play it with this type of player even when you have blast shield on c4 kill's you cause they have danger close on i mean come on iw wtf where you thinking with that soon it will be just people running around with Riot shields and c4 in snd wow thats going to be fun .... and sniper's its unreal how fast they ads you cant even get your first shot off befour you are dead.. this is game is 100%  garbage and 100% the last call of duty game i buy and am not a bad player all cod title's my k/d has been over a 2.5 but this one i struggle to keep it at 2.0

maccabi

xKhufu wrote:

Tell me why MLG, and all pro gamers banned nearly half of the nonsense perks, equipment, and maps.  The competitive community has basically said your game is suited for the weekend gamer

I got this far stopped reading, you know esports has banned stuff from every cod right?

rankismet

maccabi wrote:

xKhufu wrote:

Tell me why MLG, and all pro gamers banned nearly half of the nonsense perks, equipment, and maps.  The competitive community has basically said your game is suited for the weekend gamer

I got this far stopped reading, you know esports has banned stuff from every cod right?

Beat you, Macc... I stopped a sentence sooner.

phxs72

MLG bans a good portion of the game every year.  This year is no different.  The game while played by MLG was not built for MLG.  It was built for those causal gamers that bother you so much.  Yes the riot shield mechanics this time around have added another wrinkle to things that we have to overcome.  I too have had my butt handed to my by them and I now have a class in my back pocket to deal with them.  Good players adapt to the changes in the game.  I'm sure that you are most capable of doing so even if you would rather not.  One thing is for sure, the riot shield is a much more viable weapon now that it has ever been.  Just because it can now compete doesn't mean that we need to be overly stressed by it.  Just adapt and move on.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's sad how much of a step back this game has taken not just from a competitive perspective, but just as a COD game as a whole. In my opinion this is the worst one yet, and I know people say that every year, but this one really is bad. It feels like they designed it in 6 months to a year and spent their time mostly on extinction and campaign and thought they'd just throw some "innovative" ideas into multiplayer and everything would be good.  It's just not that good of a game to be honest. Also, take anything Nicedrewishfela posts with a big grain of salt, he will defend anything that COD produces tooth and nail.

nicedrewishfela

From a "competitive standpoint" = I don't like how I just got killed so that guy must be a noob.

And You really should learn to read. Just because I choose to take a positive approach to gaming doesn't mean I support everything they do. If you actually read any of my posts you'd understand that. Or should I just be a useless whiner like so many of the posts here? Damn me and my rational thinking.

I have no issue being spawn trapped.  Especially if I'm running with a full party and they just out gun us and gain map control.  I don't call anyone a noob that kills me.  A player knows when they have been outplayed/outshot.  And a player knows what is just petty, and takes away from the competitive nature of the game.  A smart idea....why doesn't IW implement  a competitive playlist/MLG playlist.  It's not hard....half the maps, half the perks lol  and 100% less bullshit

nicedrewishfela

I thought they had? Isn't there a way to play using MLG rules that they added with a patch?

I personally don't use a lot of things in the game, because I just don't feel they help me improve as a player. I never use IEDs, I want to earn my kills. I never use the tracker/thermal scopes as I feel they are a crutch.

But the population is so diverse... and it's simplistic and absurd to call people who use these things "bad players", or insinuate that because one isn't MLG they aren't competitive. I never claimed to be anything more than an average player. I enjoy playing the game, and I get frustrated just like everyone else. But if I am anything, it is competitive. I don't like that certain things are in the game.. but they are. And others like using them. So... I adapt. I just worry about tweaking the game, which appeals to a large population... to appease a small few.

And I have no idea where the unnecessary personal attack from the gentleman above came from... people choose to attack people rather than ideas... which means they don't really have anything to add to the conversation.

NoLifeKing32

How about, no. Like I said, MLG = irrelevant.

You lost me at Marksman Rifles being OP and everything except the shotguns smgs and assault rifles being banned. The marksman rifles are not overpowered they more recoil then all of the assault rifles combined and they have half the power of the assault rifles as well. I agree with Amplify but that's it. Everything else you said has no credibility because the fact the MLG doesn't know how to adapt to anything in the game they a bunch of garbage wannabes who never use anything to balance the game or hinder themselves. Having skill means you can use any gun any time any where no matter what.

not OP?  two shot kill at ANY range...from alllll the way across Stonehaven....then...slap a foregrip, thermal, and burst fire on it....you now have maybe the most OP, instakill weapon in the game.

No credibility?!  Then why does Gamebattles - the overwhelming leader in online competitive gameplay with thousands of teams and players use "MLG Rules?"  Never use anything to balance the game???  THAT'S WHY THEY TAKE OUT DUMB/OP ****.

Here's my last gripe....killstreak kills should NOT count towards rewards.  Case in point....equip hardline....trinity rocket, battle hind, gryphon.  Holy ****...6 kills for the trinity, probably two kills with that for the Hind, then one more for the gryphon.  WOW!  6 kills for a gryphon!?

Actually...one more gripe.....WHERE THE HELL DID HEADQUARTERS/HARDPOINT GO!?  You can't camp the whole game in one spot in those gametypes.  They have been staples in COD.....not that garbage ass Hunted and Infected.  If IW put in a MLG playlist, I can nearly guarantee there would be more playing that than any of the pub match garbage. 

maccabi

xKhufu wrote:

If IW put in a MLG playlist, I can nearly guarantee there would be more playing that than any of the pub match garbage. 

Completely agree they could call it the competitive playlist or something and as everyone who plays cod loves playing mlg rulesets people would flock to it then oh wait..

gotsomestars

Interesting... were you ******** in bad oops two when you could get a UAV , throw an emp , and have a stealth chopper /vsat? MLG will destroy this game like they did every other one. " I'm good, but only if everyone plays how I want them to play, with the weapons I think they should use" .

Hate to burst your bubble all the marksman rifles become 3 shot kill after medium range I mean how is that bad when the Assault Rifles have no recoil they are always 2 to 3 shot kill at all ranges they fast fire rates and get this they are fully automatic and the marksman rifles have more recoil then them how is that balanced? Also everything they take out usually campers use it they are mindless rushers who don't support a balanced game cause they wouldn't have taken out the MSBS or the Marksman Rifles they would of taken out ALL of the assault rifles except the MSBS. They also take things out that makes them look bad if they get killed by it as well. Also kill streaks aren't a problem I rarely see them. They were taken out because not many people played them. Also the only people who like the MLG playlist idea is the MLG themselves and the MLG wannabes that's it anyone who wants a fun balanced game wouldn't play it.

rankismet

xKhufu wrote:

Tell me why MLG, and all pro gamers banned nearly half of the nonsense perks, equipment, and maps

Why... because they REALLY like to dumb games down.

Simple.

thebiindsniper

Despite the rant being immature, I can agree with mostly everything here.  IEDs, Amplify, and quickscoping are too powerful, Dead Silence doesn't work, the riot shield + C4 combo (with Danger Close) is stupid, and the so called eSports rules pretty much banned everything.  If I had to set up balanced rules, I would only ban shields, IEDs, C4, Danger Close, Amplify, and Dead Eye.

I disagree with marksman rifles because they are supposed to be 2 shot kills, hence why the bridge the gap between snipers and assault rifles.  Also, I wish IW brought Tac Inserts back as default tactical equipment for all game modes.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

funny thing is....this may just be my opinion, however....I feel like Call of Duty 4...wayyyy back in the day, was the best made.  Why?  very simple perks and killstreaks set at 3,5,7.  And there was one perk to combat each killstreak.  Even claymores weren't THAT bad.  You never heard too much about OP weapons...maybe the M16 with red dot.  Also....wayyy smaller maps.  What does that equal?  More gunplay and less "******* IEDs!, C4 again, laying prone in the bushes again!" 

I dunno....the more games get "remade" with more extras and bells and whistles, the worse they get.

I still say, if IW inputs a MLG playlist, they will bring back a lot of gamers who have already left. 

NoLifeKing32

COD4 perks were awful, it was just so long ago no one remembers. But nearly every perk in cod4 has either been nerfed severely or outright removed. Some of them didn't even make it into was.

rankismet

xKhufu wrote:

funny thing is....this may just be my opinion, however....I feel like Call of Duty 4...wayyyy back in the day, was the best made.  Why?  very simple perks and killstreaks set at 3,5,7.  And there was one perk to combat each killstreak.  Even claymores weren't THAT bad.  You never heard too much about OP weapons...maybe the M16 with red dot.  Also....wayyy smaller maps.  What does that equal?  More gunplay and less "******* IEDs!, C4 again, laying prone in the bushes again!"

I dunno....the more games get "remade" with more extras and bells and whistles, the worse they get.

I still say, if IW inputs a MLG playlist, they will bring back a lot of gamers who have already left.

COD4 was much simpler with 3-5-7 but that's about the only thing you are correct about, TBH.

There was only one perk that countered 1 streak. UAV jammer.

People whinged about claymores a lot.

They whinged about 3x grenades even more.

People have never stopped whinging about campers. Ever.

The maps were not "wayyy" smaller. They had a mix of maps sizes.

yovlud

Call of Duty 4 had a ton of campers, the M16, MP5, 3x Frags (with huge blast/kill radius), Attack Choppers that were tough to shoot down...Call of Duty 4 is far from perfect.  The only thing wrong with this game is some of the maps have horrendous spawn logic.

Shadowelite555

If you don't like the game, don't play it.

Here's something I don't really understand; how can the same people that complain about the maps being too big also complain about IED's?If the maps really are too big then it should be easy to avoid the IED's, or they shouldn't be such a huge factor in your deaths on these huge maps, right? Or you can use sitrep to counter them.

You can't have it both ways.

I agree that the Shield/C4/Danger close combo is a bit OP and there's very little to counter it. I also agree that Dead Silence should completely counter Amplify, but I also admit that I use Amplify to my advantage.

Fact is I enjoy this COD more than I have any COD since COD4. it's definitely more tactical rather than run-around-with a SMG-and-scavenger-spamming-EMP-grenades-to-get-a-VSAT. The guns are some of the most balanced in any COD, the killstreaks are not overpowered, there are a ton of options for perks, attachments, etc.

Since the last update there have been some connection/matchmaking issues that I am experiencing with greater frequency than I did before the patch, which right now is my only real gripe and I hope they fix it. I'm in San Diego and last night was playing against people from Oklahoma.

thebiindsniper

The IEDs have two enormous positives with the least non-perk related counters.  That is too much power for a simple piece of equipment, which is why almost everyone uses them.  Compare IEDs to other pieces of equipment, should they all be placed:

Claymores:  Unavoidable blast radius, but the radius can only be directed in one 60 degree angle.

Bouncing Betties (MW3, BO2) - Produces a 360 degree horizontal blast radius, but it can be avoided via crouching or going prone.

IEDs - Unavoidable orbital blast radius that can POSSIBLY be avoided due to enemy negligence.

See how there's no counter?  And don't give me the whole, "they're hitmarker machines" debate.  Unless they are plainly visible or improperly placed, the IED will always have a guaranteed kill, even without danger close.  The fastest player cannot avoid them with speed, and the smart player cannot dodge or flank around them.  If they can be balanced, I would simply increase the timer and/or reduce the proximity detection distance.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Learn to adapt seriously he just gave you something that counters it. I constantly avoid the IEDs even with out Sitrep. When I use the IED I rarely get kills with it they aren't even effective because one they blow up too early and yes they do get a lot of hit markers. I have used it over 200 times and I only have 67 hits with it and 40 kills that's no where near a good ratio if it's so "overpowered". If they were to increase the timer they would need to put the IED in the tactical department cause it would be more useless. If they were to decrease the range it would no longer blow up early and it would piss you off even more cause then it would be effective anywhere instead of just the ground. I would rather be killed by an IED then an Assault Rifle because the assault rifles are the most overpowered things in this game no lethal or tactical or gun or launcher can outgun an assault rifle any range even their best range. The Assault Rifles have no recoil except the MSBS all of the assault rifles are 2 to 3 shot kill at all ranges except the MSBS and all assault rifles have fast fire rates except the MSBS. Oh they are an insta-kill at all ranges as well and they kill people faster then the shotgun and sniper. The IED isn't overpowered though because the fact you two seconds to react if you aren't lagging that's way more then the 0.2 seconds that the assault rifles give you to react to. Use it's perk counters or stop complaining the IED technically counters itself because of the range making it blow up early I had someone walk in right after it blew up getting no kills so if they can react to it so can you.

nicedrewishfela

I can't agree with you here. They are a pain in the neck to be sure, but they are like a nice, bright neon sign that says "CAMPERS IN HERE".

They make a beeping noise when you set them off, often gives you enough time to duck back around the corner.

My only issue with them is that they seem inconsistent in their damage radius. Sometimes will be across the room and shoot one and it will kill me... other times I will walk by it, set it off, and then get  a few feet away and have zero impact.

They actually seem just about right for those who use them. They aren't as easy to take out as in previous games, making them viable... but they still clearly alert people to the presence of campers. Most walls aren't thick enough to prevent players from shooting through them to take them out.

They are a non-issue to me at this point.

thebiindsniper

The beeping noise lasts for a second, but the majority of that second is spent running into it over trying to avoid it.  Even if people do manage to hear the beeping noise and try to dodge it, there's still a low chance of that happening since you cannot duck the explosion or pray it's not facing the correct side.

The major issue that plagues IEDs are the minimal NON-PERK related counters, meaning if players don't use sitrep or blast shield, they can still have a better chance to avoid the equipment (like betties from BO2 and Claymores).  An orbital blast radius that's unavoidable?  That's basically World at War's bouncing betties all over again, and there is a good reason why those never returned in multiplayer.

The same people who told me that IEDs were not overpowered and told me to adapt were the same people who told me to adapt to Stopping Power, Juggernaut, OMA + Danger Close grenade launchers, quickscoping, and OP killstreaks from the previous titles (MW2 specifically).  Trust me, I've been on the forums for over five years to fully understand how people respond to things they enjoy.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

maccabi

thebiindsniper wrote:

The beeping noise lasts for a second, but the majority of that second is spent running into it over trying to avoid it.  Even if people do manage to hear the beeping noise and try to dodge it, there's still a low chance of that happening since you cannot duck the explosion or pray it's not facing the correct side.

The major issue that plagues IEDs are the minimal NON-PERK related counters, meaning if players don't use sitrep or blast shield, they can still have a better chance to avoid the equipment (like betties from BO2 and Claymores).  An orbital blast radius that's unavoidable?  That's basically World at War's bouncing betties all over again, and there is a good reason why those never returned in multiplayer.

The same people who told me that IEDs were not overpowered and told me to adapt were the same people who told me to adapt to Stopping Power, Juggernaut, OMA + Danger Close grenade launchers, quickscoping, and OP killstreaks from the previous titles (MW2 specifically).  Trust me, I've been on the forums for over five years to fully understand how people respond to things they enjoy.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

the issue with ieds and something ive already highlighted is the beepbeep boom aspect of them.

imo the blast radius is fine , what I think needs to be adjusted slightly is the range at which you set them off and the time to detonation .

Currrently as soon as you hear the beep you are more than likley to die, people do one of two things ive noticed when they hear the beep, either continue running towards the thing and die or turn around /and or just go backwards and die .. I think the range at which you set them off needs to be lowered slightly this would give us a good non perk counter of being able to go backwards with a higher chance of dying but still taking damage.

*disclaimer obviously this doesnt apply to hc as everything kills you

nicedrewishfela

I play HC exclusively... and I avoid them all the time after I hear the beeping....so...

Izjar11

So why are you explaining yourself to the community? You dont like the game, move on.

Why do so called players feel the need to express all this hop'la for? This is not a complaint, its a RANT for no real reason. Just sell the game and play another game.

Wait! Right you love the game that much you cant!